Texas Rangers Thread

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4136546 said:
Texas has to maintain that lead. Detroit has the tiebreaker.

This is correct. I'm afraid we will need a little help from Cleveland to finish on top of Detroit.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4136571 said:
This is correct. I'm afraid we will need a little help from Cleveland to finish on top of Detroit.

A little help from the Angel folding up camp early wouldn't hurt either. :)

All Texas has to do is win out.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4136585 said:
A little help from the Angel folding up camp early wouldn't hurt either. :)

All Texas has to do is win out.

That would be nice, but with Haren, Santana and Weaver throwing for the Angels I don't anticipate them going down without a fight.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4136589 said:
That would be nice, but with Haren, Santana and Weaver throwing for the Angels I don't anticipate them going down without a fight.

Yeah, especially since Washington said he is going to rest his players. We will see a lot of Leonys Martin, Craig Gentry, Andres Blanco, Esteban German, and pitchers like Valdez and Hamburger.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
One Key advantage IMO, in favor of Texas, they are playing on the West Coast which means that for 2 of the three games, they will pretty much know exactly what they need to do. All three of the Tiger games will start at around 7:00 PM ET. The first two Ranger games will start at 10:00 PM Eastern and the last at 8:00 PM ET. I think that's an advantage to Texas in a close situation or in the event one or the other is getting blown out.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4136604 said:
Yeah, especially since Washington said he is going to rest his players. We will see a lot of Leonys Martin, Craig Gentry, Andres Blanco, Esteban German, and pitchers like Valdez and Hamburger.

At least the kids are hot. I know we are planning to start our normal rotation, so if they can do a good job we may be okay.

ABQCOWBOY;4136613 said:
One Key advantage IMO, in favor of Texas, they are playing on the West Coast which means that for 2 of the three games, they will pretty much know exactly what they need to do. All three of the Tiger games will start at around 7:00 PM ET. The first two Ranger games will start at 10:00 PM Eastern and the last at 8:00 PM ET. I think that's an advantage to Texas in a close situation or in the event one or the other is getting blown out.

Interesting point. That could be something of an advantage.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Rangers single-handedly eliminated the Angels with a 4-3 victory tonight. A concern for me (albeit small) was Wilson only going 2.0 innings of scoreless pitching and a low numbered pc. I'll assume that this was Ron's intent of only keeping him fresh for the playoffs as opposed to Wilson getting injured. We needed this game tonight to hold on to the 2nd seed after Detroit beat the Indians decisively in the earlier matchup.

I admit that I've been wrapped up in the Cowboys game up to this point so I may very well regret posting this last part about Wilson once I read the post-game recap.

And that would be swell...;)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Draegerman;4141463 said:
Rangers single-handedly eliminated the Angels with a 4-3 victory tonight. A concern for me (albeit small) was Wilson only going 2.0 innings of scoreless pitching and a low numbered pc. I'll assume that this was Ron's intent of only keeping him fresh for the playoffs as opposed to Wilson getting injured. We needed this game tonight to hold on to the 2nd seed after Detroit beat the Indians decisively in the earlier matchup.

I admit that I've been wrapped up in the Cowboys game up to this point so I may very well regret posting this last part about Wilson once I read the post-game recap.

And that would be swell...;)

No worries, pulling CJ was the plan all along. Just like they did with Ogando the other day. No point in overusing guys you are going to rely on in the playoffs. Give a few innings to keep them sharp. CJ is going to start game one of the playoffs.

It was nice knocking out the Angels tonight, along with the Cowboy win of course. :)

Ranzo

Reaction score
Mark Hamburger gets first big league win last night.

Well done Hamburger. Lean outing. He has my condiments for what he served up.

:dance3:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I didn't see last nights game. I was too busy cussing out the Cowboys. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;4143049 said:
You need to get a DVR.

I have one, but I don't get to watch it on on a TV broadcast. I use MLB.tv. (living in the Northeast, it's my only option to what all the games) Being MLB.tv, I can watch any game at any time. :)

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4143150 said:
I have one, but I don't get to watch it on on a TV broadcast. I use MLB.tv. (living in the Northeast, it's my only option to what all the games) Being MLB.tv, I can watch any game at any time. :)

I plan on getting it next year. How much is it for a full season?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4143336 said:
I plan on getting it next year. How much is it for a full season?

I believe I paid $120 for the full season. I've gotten it for the last three years. I love it, except for one thing. Sometimes they black out Saturday day games even though ESPN isn't showing the game. They just own the rights to that game even if they decide against broadcasting it.

That doesn't happen all that often. Most of the time it's blacked out on MLB.TV it's because it is on TV.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Rangers' playoff watch: TB, BOS both winning, so wild card not close to being settled; DET winning, so homefield likely decided Wednesday

=====================

As for me, I'd rather see Boston than Tampa whose pitching might be tops in the AL right now.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Haha the Rangers are not letting their foot off the pedal. Its 10-2 right now, Napoli has homered twice, and Beltre, Cruz, and Kinsler both once.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good Chance that Texas is playing the Yankees and Detroit is playing Tampa Bay.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4145308 said:
Good Chance that Texas is playing the Yankees and Detroit is playing Tampa Bay.

Mathematically its the other way around. The only way the Rangers play the Yankees first is if the Rangers lose and Tigers win. If the outcome is one of the other three possible outcomes, the Tigers play the Yankees in the first round.