Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4133103 said:
I don't think its curious one bit. I think it was to be expected. Either hitters would get used to his limited repertoire, or if not that, he'd tire from a lack of stamina, being a relief pitcher up until this season. Or both.

I think you'd almost HAVE to have Holland as the #2 pitcher. You can't really trust anyone else, especially Colby Lewis.

From what I saw, it looks like Holland is the 4th. They showed CJ, Lewis, Harrison, then Holland. In that order when discussing the playoffs rotation.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I can understand Colby being the #2 over Holland because of Colby's playoff experience from last year but I don't know if I can justify Harrison over Holland

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Texas won, Detroit lost. Texas a game up on Detroit for the 2nd seed and home field in the first round. :)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4133357 said:
I can understand Colby being the #2 over Holland because of Colby's playoff experience from last year but I don't know if I can justify Harrison over Holland

In the post game interview Washington said nothing is set except Wilson pitches the first game. I guess the texasrangers.com guys where just yapping without any real info.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4133839 said:
Why did Ogando only go 2 innings today?

It was planned. Washington told him before the game. They wanted to get several of the pitchers some work. Not only that, but to get another look at them before they make the playoff roster.

Alweezy

Reaction score
I'm really rooting hard that the Red Sox hold on to the wild card, they are really making this closer than it needs to be.

TB gets in, they've been playing extremely well.
If LA gets in, they would be really hot going into the post season.

If Boston holds on just due to having enough wins to backdoor into the postseason, we'd get them round 1 and have a chance to maybe kick them while their down. Whatever is causing this slide, I hope that we can capitalize on it. The other two teams look a lot more unfriendly for us in terms of potential matchups based on who's hot and who's not.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Det 6 Bal 3 6th, Rangers game up for Home FA and are fixin to start their tilt w Seattle.

Ranzo

Reaction score
Barring meltdown Rangers will keep ahead of Tigers by a game, up 7-4 in top of 7th. Beltre good showing today 3/4 with a HR.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Ranzo;4134885 said:
Barring meltdown Rangers will keep ahead of Tigers by a game, up 7-4 in top of 7th. Beltre good showing today 3/4 with a HR.

Check that. The score is now 11-4, Rangers in bottom of 7th, thanks to Torrealba's grand salami. Rangers just might be the hottest team right now going into the playoffs.

Stautner

Reaction score
Excited about the playoffs. Was worried about the pitching staff going in, but our 5 starters did a great job. Ogandu apparently tired late in the season, but that's understandable given this is his first year as a starter and throwing so many more innings than he his used to. We can use the bullpen help anyway, so move him there and use the other 4 in the postseason rotation. So many hitters on fire right now too - things seem to be lining up well. Sure hope we can come out on top of Detroit and get home field advantage.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I think the Yankess might regret resting their premier players in game 2 of the double header.They had a chance of ending the Red sox season if they had pinch hit one of their starters at key at bats .

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
reddyuta;4136194 said:
I think the Yankess might regret resting their premier players in game 2 of the double header.They had a chance of ending the Red sox season if they had pinch hit one of their starters at key at bats .

I think the Yankees would prefer to see Boston than the Rays. Boston's in a tailspin.

I want Texas to get the two seed. That way, Texas will play Boston and the Yankees play the Tigers. (Tigers seem to have the Rangers number. Especially in Detroit)

Let the Yankees take out the Tigers and then the Rangers can punk both the AL East teams. ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4136201 said:
I think the Yankees would prefer to see Boston than the Rays. Boston's in a tailspin.

I want Texas to get the two seed. That way, Texas will play Boston and the Yankees play the Tigers. (Tigers seem to have the Rangers number. Especially in Detroit)

Let the Yankees take out the Tigers and then the Rangers can punk both the AL East teams. ;)

We could not see Boston until the ALCS either way. I'm good with either Detroit or Texas. Actually, I hope we get Texas first. Either way, who ever we get we get.

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4136201 said:

If Texas gets teh 2 seed and Detroit beats the Yankees, which I think is very possible, the Rangers would have the home field edge in the ALDS and ALCS.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Going to be interesting down the stretch. Texas has the Angels and Detroit has the Indians. I think Detroit has the edge because of the pitching rotation over the last three games.

Tigers vs Indians:

Fister (10-13) vs Jimenez (10-12)
Scherzer (14-9) vs Gomez (5-2)
Porcello (14-9) vs McCallister (0-1)

Rangers vs Angels:

Wilson (16-7) vs Haren (16-9)
Lewis (13-10) vs Santana (11-12)
Harrison (14-9) vs Weaver (18-8)

Plus, Detroit is at home and Texas is on the road.

The advantage for the Rangers is that they have a game lead with only 3 to play. Will be interesting.

Stautner

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4136528 said:
Going to be interesting down the stretch. Texas has the Angels and Detroit has the Indians. I think Detroit has the edge because of the pitching rotation over the last three games.

Tigers vs Indians:

Fister (10-13) vs Jimenez (10-12)
Scherzer (14-9) vs Gomez (5-2)
Porcello (14-9) vs McCallister (0-1)

Rangers vs Angels:

Wilson (16-7) vs Haren (16-9)
Lewis (13-10) vs Santana (11-12)
Harrison (14-9) vs Weaver (18-8)

Plus, Detroit is at home and Texas is on the road.

The advantage for the Rangers is that they have a game lead with only 3 to play. Will be interesting.

This is a fair look at it. I looked at the same thing yesterday and came to the same conclusion. Texas needs its bats to stay hot.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4136528 said:

Texas has to maintain that lead. Detroit has the tiebreaker.