Texas Rangers Thread

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4146015 said:
Mathematically its the other way around. The only way the Rangers play the Yankees first is if the Rangers lose and Tigers win. If the outcome is one of the other three possible outcomes, the Tigers play the Yankees in the first round.

No, I believe that that is incorrect. Teams from the same division can not play each other in the opening rounds of the playoffs. Doesn't matter what records exist from the respective teams. There for, if either the Rays or Boston make the wild card, they can't play the Yankees. Texas has to beat Detroit and get the second best record in the AL or they get the Yankees.

My original statement, IMO, is accurate. There is a very good chance that Texas is playing the Yankees and that Detroit is playing Tampa Bay.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4146159 said:
No, I believe that that is incorrect. Teams from the same division can not play each other in the opening rounds of the playoffs. Doesn't matter what records exist from the respective teams. There for, if either the Rays or Boston make the wild card, they can't play the Yankees. Texas has to beat Detroit and get the second best record in the AL or they get the Yankees.

My original statement, IMO, is accurate. There is a very good chance that Texas is playing the Yankees and that Detroit is playing Tampa Bay.

It will be seeds 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4. There is no possible way for the Yankees to play either Boston or Tampa. The Yankees will face the Tigers (highest possibility 3 out of 4 shot) or the Rangers (1 out of 4 shot)

As I said the absolute only way the Yankees play the Rangers in the first round is if the Rangers lose tonight AND the Tigers win. Otherwise the Yankees play the Tigers. That *IS* how it is.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4146198 said:
It will be seeds 1 vs 3 and 2 vs 4. There is no possible way for the Yankees to play either Boston or Tampa. The Yankees will face the Tigers (highest possibility 3 out of 4 shot) or the Rangers (1 out of 4 shot)

As I said the absolute only way the Yankees play the Rangers in the first round is if the Rangers lose tonight AND the Tigers win. Otherwise the Yankees play the Tigers. That *IS* how it is.

Bingo

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4146198 said:

Right, and there is a good possibility of this. Are you arguing just to argue here or what?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4146320 said:
Right, and there is a good possibility of this. Are you arguing just to argue here or what?

It's the least likely of the two possible outcomes. Who cares though. Gotta play someone. The only team that I worry about is the Tigers. They are the only team that has shown a propensity to beat the Rangers.

If it's the Yankees, bring them on.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4146383 said:
It's the least likely of the two possible outcomes. Who cares though. Gotta play someone. The only team that I worry about is the Tigers. They are the only team that has shown a propensity to beat the Rangers.

If it's the Yankees, bring them on.

If the Rangers win, then it's over with so they are in a good situation there but they gotta win tonight. Detroit has Porcello on the mound against McAllister and that kid is 0-1 in 3 starts with an ERA of 8.53. I think Detroit has a big edge there. Rangers gotta win or Detroit gets the second seed. You guys got a good chance thou. You are basically in the same situation as the Tigers are. You have good pitching on the mound tonight going up against a scrub so you have a very good chance of getting it done tonight as well.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Welp looks like Detroit will win. Texas needs to knock in a run here or else it's the Yanks we're playing

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
My mistake...we're getting the Sox or Rays at home now. Both need to win/lose tonight for the play-in game tomorrow? That's what I'm hoping for...and hopefully it's an extra inning drainer

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ranzo;4066482 said:
I think they got fat and happy with their accomplishments. And when you do that you're good as done whether we're talking baseball or business or relationships,whatever.Did you see Elvis wait on a routine infield hit with a speedy runner in play? He couldn't be bothered to charge it. Again, with Cruz, he couldn't be more causal in his approach at the plate.

One reason I like college football so much is you feel their passion. Oh, and the cheerleaders don't hurt..

Ranzo;4066146 said:
Tx Rangers, you're dead to me. I wash my hands of this team. Bring on college football and the NFL.

Ranzo;4066783 said:
Well, the thing is the Red Sox are a measuring stick for the Strangers right now and they know it. And they come out play like this? It's not good.

Ranzo;4071401 said:
Well, I see they lost again last night. Hey, only surrendered 8 runs. Somebody will be along shortly to inform me I'm overreacting and all is well.:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

I scanned back through this thread, and these posts by a "fan" are absolutely despicable.

I hope that you don't have a problem with being premature in all aspects of life.

This Rangers team won the most games of any team in their history. On top of this, the Rangers are entering the playoffs as the HOTTEST team in baseball. I actually kind of feel sorry for you. :(

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Both Rangers and Tigers win, so...

Yankees got the Tigers. Rangers get either the Rays or Redsox.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Robbieac;4147587 said:
I scanned back through this thread, and these posts by a "fan" are absolutely despicable.

I hope that you don't have a problem with being premature in all aspects of life.

This Rangers team won the most games of any team in their history. On top of this, the Rangers are entering the playoffs as the HOTTEST team in baseball. I actually kind of feel sorry for you. :(

Baseball is the last sport you can have knee jerk reactions.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Friday at 4:07 Rangers vs. Red Sox / Rays

I hope they have to have a playoff, so their pitchers can be tired.

What a great final day of baseball.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Man that's gonna be a tough matchup. Their starting 3 is nice, I think better than the Yankees and Tigers

kTXe

On To The Next One
Reaction score
Would have much rather seen the Sox, but the Rangers can handle anyone the way they are playing right now. Let's get it!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
kTXe;4147686 said:
Would have much rather seen the Sox, but the Rangers can handle anyone the way they are playing right now. Let's get it!

I agree that we can. But would rather have seen the Sox.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bring on the Rays. Much rather seen the Sox since they are in a tail spin, but **** it. This is for a championship. We (Rangers fans) should be happy, that we don't have to face the Tigers. If we do? The Yankees blow ***. (completely true anyhow) if it happens.

Yankees don't get dollar value anyhow obviously. Even if they won, dollar value wouldn't be there. Of course idiot Yankee fans would think it would because they won. Idiots, of course. It isn't their money. Win at all cost except theirs.

Alweezy

Reaction score
yes the Rays have better pitching...

... but I think the Rangers are better than them. I think when all the intangibles play out, the Rangers will outlast the Rays when it counts. The Rays have a lot of clutch hitters, but they have some very weak offensive players too, the Rangers on the otherhand 1-9 is going to give teams problems. Hopefully no major injuries and we should be able to get through the ALDS alive.

The Tigers worry me alot though. Thank goodness they are playing New York, one of those two will have to go home which makes me feel a lot better about our chances to get back to the WS..