Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Well that should just about do it. Thanks CJ you are still absent in the playoffs. 6-2 Tigers.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4177000 said:
It's still baseball, and it's still Verlander on the mound.

He's been killing us the whole series tho. Don't get me wrong I really like Mike, but man he's gone cold at the worst possible time and has been leaving runners on like crazy.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Forget CJ and his 100 mil contract. I'd rather be frugal this offseason and hold off until a year from now so we can get into the Clayton Kershaw sweepstakes. That's someone you give 100 mil to. Even if it means letting CJ walk and using Colby Lewis or Derek Holland as your #1 next season.

Speaking of Holland, if he's pitching game 6, chalk that one up as a loss. We're going 7

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4177057 said:
Forget CJ and his 100 mil contract. I'd rather be frugal this offseason and hold off until a year from now so we can get into the Clayton Kershaw sweepstakes. That's someone you give 100 mil to. Even if it means letting CJ walk and using Colby Lewis or Derek Holland as your #1 next season.

Speaking of Holland, if he's pitching game 6, chalk that one up as a loss. We're going 7

Why do you chalk it up as a loss? Good Holland can appear at anytime. And Sherzer isn't all that special. Also our bats can go off anytime. I hate the defeatist attitude.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm not too big on Baseball, but wasn't the first RBI that went off the base a foul? I know that if it hits the base it's in, but didn't it bounce outside of the third base line first? Or does that not matter?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ntegrase96;4177070 said:
I'm not too big on Baseball, but wasn't the first RBI that went off the base a foul? I know that if it hits the base it's in, but didn't it bounce outside of the third base line first? Or does that not matter?

Doesn't matter. If the ball hits the base it is fair.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh well.

The silver lining is I may go to the game Sat. night.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4177073 said:
Doesn't matter. If the ball hits the base it is fair.

So if it hits foul first and bonces back in before it gets out of the infield, its fair?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
absolutely. Still Wilson didn't help us any. Now only if our Bats can finally come to life next game. This looks like it's over with Uehara.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4177061 said:
Why do you chalk it up as a loss? Good Holland can appear at anytime. And Sherzer isn't all that special. Also our bats can go off anytime. I hate the defeatist attitude.

If it was a regular season game, sure. But Holland wets his pants on the big stage regularly.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Ntegrase96;4177077 said:
So if it hits foul first and bonces back in before it gets out of the infield, its fair?

If it bounces foul first then comes back in before third or first base it is fair. If it hits either bag it is fair because the bases are in fair territory.

DFWJC

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4177080 said:
Uehara has been a complete failure.
When has faced at least 3 batters, has he ever fialed to give a home run in these playoffs?

He is epically bad.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4177085 said:
If it was a regular season game, sure. But Holland wets his pants on the big stage regularly.

He was ok in the division series and he just couldn't locate the last game.