Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
fOcRB.gif

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4179293 said:
Man those were great pics...the last two especially. I really loved the one with the T and the confetti. That was a sweet pic. Thanks for posting them bro!

Buck was definitely not his usual self, but he did better late after he had gotten used to the fact that we were winning the game, period.

I hadn't hear about Wilson and Holland. That is disconcerting to say the least. They need to realize the Tiger series is over and all will be forgotten if they pitch well in the WS.

Oh and I have to eat a little crow regarding Mike Young...he came up big tonight. That must have been awesome watching at the Ballpark as he and Cruz go long on the same night.

Congrats on going to the game man, I'm jealous for sure. :)

Thanks man. Hopefully we can finish off and make history.

Alweezy

Reaction score
crazytown41;4179268 said:
Huh? The Phillies have a good offense. So they just had the best record in baseball because they ONLY have pitching?? They lost because Carpenter pitched the game of his life. Like I said, pitching wins championships

You'd think a Ranger fan would know that. How'd those juggernaut Ranger teams with Pudge, Greer, Juan Gone, etc. do in the playoffs?

Makes me wonder if you even followed this team before 2010 :confused::confused:

IMO the 96' Rangers team was good enough and balanced enough to beat the Yankees that year but ironically lost 3 games due to the fact that they didn't close things out blowing the lead in every game that series that they lost. The only reason we even won the first game without any concerns is because our juggernaut offense put the game out of reach early which has been a Yankee recipe for sucess for two decades.

As for the other 2 years, the 98 Yankees and 99 Yankees could easily be compared to the 2011 Phillies rotation, so in that light the 98 and 99 Rangers were outclassed from the start which is what you're trying to say... but looking beyond cliche's and revisionist history it was Scott Brosius, the bullpen and ultimately Mariano Rivera that made them champions in the end both years.

The starting rotation, or a juggernaut offense, or a dominating bullpen will only get you a ticket to the dance. But to win it all you gotta have the best combination of all 3 throughout a 7 game series. That'sall I'm trying to say man, you can't just make a blanket statement that good pitching always beats good hitting because there is more factors than just throwing out CY Young pitcher #1 and expecting a W.

I can only say from here on out, we will just have to wait and see.

ologan

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4179422 said:
Thanks man. Hopefully we can finish off and make history.
Great pics! Great sister......but what has she done for you lately??? Hmmm???
World Series tickets??? (She does that,she's in the will!!)

Air Force One

Reaction score
windward;4180895 said:
I'm going to Game 3 next Saturday!

Congrats man, hopefully we are up 2-0 by then.:) Thank god for the Rangers or I'd be seriously near suicide today. Can't off myself with the Rangera playing in the fall classic tho. :D

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
It is looking like the Cardinals. Still just the first inning. But spotting them 4 runs doesn't help.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's gonna be tough. Wash won't have the experience advantage vs. LaRussa like he would've had over Roenicke. I just hope we can play AL baseball in the Cardinals ballpark. That's one of the most pitcher-friendly fields in MLB.

Stautner

Reaction score
crazytown41;4179183 said:
Grats to the Rangers but I smell another defeat in the WS. Too many gas cans in that rotation.

As hot as the Rangers offense is, we saw last year that good pitching ALWAYS beats good hitting.

You must not have paid attention to the NLCS because the Cards starters didn't fare better than ours. In the 6 games 1 Cardinal starter got past the 4th inning, and that was Carpenter who only ended up going 5 innings.

HEY DAIF! Where are you? Are you silent now that the Rangers have done what you have said for the last 4 months wasn't possible?

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Stautner;4185698 said:
You must not have paid attention to the NLCS because the Cards starters didn't fare better than ours. In the 6 games 1 Cardinal starter got past the 4th inning, and that was Carpenter who only ended up going 5 innings.

HEY DAIF! Where are you? Are you silent now that the Rangers have done what you have said for the last 4 months wasn't possible?

I admit I didn't think it was possible. I thought we'd need PITCHING to advance in the playoffs, but instead we are just clobbering away and winning that way. Remains to be seen if it continues in the WS, and I STILL don't feel good about next year (especially if CJ leaves) but there's 4 more games to win this season and I hope it's a sweep.

Notice how much better Ogando is out of the pen now that he doesn't have to worry about doing anything but throwing his two best pitches as hard as he can for 1 inning?

Anyways Stautner, since you "won" if you want i'll never post here again. Just say the word.

Stautner

Reaction score
DIAF;4186420 said:
I admit I didn't think it was possible. I thought we'd need PITCHING to advance in the playoffs, but instead we are just clobbering away and winning that way. Remains to be seen if it continues in the WS, and I STILL don't feel good about next year (especially if CJ leaves) but there's 4 more games to win this season and I hope it's a sweep.

Notice how much better Ogando is out of the pen now that he doesn't have to worry about doing anything but throwing his two best pitches as hard as he can for 1 inning?

Anyways Stautner, since you "won" if you want i'll never post here again. Just say the word.

Obviously the starting pitching has not been very strong in the playoffs, but the pitching was outstanding over the season and led to the 3rd best record in baseball, and only one game behind the Yankees for the 2nd best record. Clearly they did their job getting us to the playoffs, and once in the playoffs anything can happen. Our bullpen has certainly come up big for us in the playoffs.

As for Ogando, I never said he wouldn't be better in the pen, I merely disagreed with your opinion that he had no chance to have an effective season as a starter. Same with Harrison.

As for you posting here, please don't stop. I'm just enjoying a little "I told you so". If you had meerely indicatd that you weren't sure about the ability of the pitching to hold up ove the season that would have been one thing, but you were certain of it, claimed indisputable proof of it, and were finding a sure sign of collapse in every off game. I just wanted you to understand that the season is a marathon and that if a pitcher has an off game, or the team plays poorly for a week it isn't a sign things are falling apart. It's just baselball.

For the record - and I have told you this before - I never said it was a sure thing that Ogando and Harrison would perform as well as they did over the course of the season, I just didn't understand how you could conclude it was a certainty that they wouldn't.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DIAF;4186420 said:

Don't be stupid. Your (and everyone elses) opinion around here is what makes the place interesting.

Take your shoes off, sit back and relax. Lets enjoy and argue with each other.

btw. You suck! ;) :p:

Air Force One

Reaction score
From now on I'm posting in this thread for the World Series. This thread has served us well and the official World Series thread is bad luck imo. :)