Texas Stadium send off - I don't rant often but here goes...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Not only did the team let us down last night, but so did Jerry Jones. I don't give a rats butt about how rich the franchise is this morning. The boys looked like a pop warner team last night. They were slow, uninspired, and weak.

I'm more angry with Jerry Jones and sorry trick but I'm back to hating him.

Yes the Cowboys had their problems before Jerry bought the team, but nothing compared to what they have now. Instead of finding a REAL head coach, he has brought in experimental models with no real solid time in the drivers seat (other than Parcells). He has turned our beloved Cowboys into a joke in the NFL. For crying out loud, they call our coach "Coach Cupcake".

There was a time when meeting with the Cowboys struck fear into the hearts of other teams. They were big, mean, inspired and warriors. Last night when the Ravens arrived, they were the inspired warriors and they diss'd the stadium on the sidelines to the fans cuz they knew the Cowboys players didn't have the strength or power to stop them.

There was a lot of things wrong last night. The offensive line forgot to show up. Tony Romo forgot we wore White, not purple. The coaching staff was a no show also. The only players I saw out on the field last night that showed the Cowboys pride was Choice and WItten. They both played their hearts out and Witten played visibly injured which reminded me of players in the past who played through the pain.... They didn't shut down for pinkys, bruises or colds like they do now.

Now on to what really upset me last night... The stadium send off...

Jerry Jones had an entire season and then some to send the stadium off into retirement in style and he failed miserably. The sound system sucked really bad and I could hardly hear Roger talk about the Calvin Hill play. There was 40 yrs of history made in that stadium and he chose Emmitt Smith breaking the record as the most memorable? I love Emmitt, but he wasn't the best thing to hit the stadium. And a recent single player shouldn't have been the most memorable moment, it should have been a "TEAM" moment. And Tom Landry was totally disrespected. 29 yrs as head coach and moral leader of the team and all he got was a few picture splashes on the screen??? Screw you Jerry for that one! There was 30 yrs of history before Jones showed up and he glanced over it. Granted we didn't see everything over the TV (thanks to NFL network contantly cutting in) and this game and ceremony should have been on a network station so all of the Cowboys fans out there could see it, but from what I saw, the ceremony was as inspired as the team and game last night.

When I saw the game where Tex Schramm was put into the Ring of Honor, the past ROH members were taken around the field in style... motorized. Last night their final lap around the field was cluttered and on foot. And while I"m at it.. Where was Dandy Don? Even the turning off of the lights was lame and unnoticed. That was the worst stadium closing that I ever saw. Apparently the inspiration problem starts with Jones.

I honestly expected to see big names standing in groups on the field of play, being highlighted and their famous stadium action shown. Not them standing on a little stage crammed together and trying to say a few words on a non existent sound system..

Ok.. I know I'm ranting too much, but hey, I've been a Cowboys fan for 44 yrs and as a lifelong fan, deserved to see something so much better last night... I expected and deserved a night of history.. I was really looking forward to the ceremony cuz our beloved team and stadium had so much of it... and as a fan was let down horribly.

/rant

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Another rant needing it's very own thread so the whole world can see how special it is...

But it was my fault, I opened it...:bang2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2513547 said:
Another rant needing it's very own thread so the whole world can see how special it is...

But it was my fault, I opened it...:bang2:
Thread title clearly states it was a rant. So yeah, it is your fault you opened it and responded in it.

The zone is not just for pumping sunshine. At some point, folks will be over it, but not anytime soon.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2513552 said:
Thread title clearly states it was a rant. So yeah, it is your fault you opened it and responded in it.

The zone is not just for pumping sunshine. At some point, folks will be over it, but not anytime soon.

So I should accept any rant, any whine and every asinine statement made about MY team because some here are disappointed and "really, really wanted to win". So their stupidity gets a pass today?

I don't take it from these sunshine "fans" any more than I would take it from a gnats one.

BTW- No one is "pumping sunshine"- I'm just not jumping off buildings until there is a reason.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2513552 said:

Amen, it's one thing to lose but it's another thing to lose in the last game at such a historic stadium....

odog422

Reaction score
5Countem5;2513559 said:
So I should accept any rant, any whine and every asinine statement made about MY team because some here are disappointed and "really, really wanted to win". So their stupidity gets a pass today?

I don't take it from these sunshine "fans" any more than I would take it from a gnats one.

BTW- No one is "pumping sunshine"- I'm just not jumping off buildings until there is a reason.

The thread title as was pointed out, clearly states it's a rant. So you chose to read the "stupidity." What does that say about you?

BTW, your response to WG was a nice little rant of your own.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Countem5;2513559 said:

Actually, you should accept that people are angry...and in the first 24 hours after a loss, people will want to vent. Just because you are able to take the loss relatively well, doesn't mean others will be able to do it as quickly as you obviously have.

Just because you disagree with the premise doesn't make every thread asinine. Many are well-thought out and state pretty clearly their viewpoints.

I wasn't suggesting YOU were pumping sunshine. Just that the zone isn't a place for people who only see the positive side. It's a very diverse group.

You have a non-rant thread. You should focus on that or maybe create new ones. That's just how I see it.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2513574 said:
Actually, you should accept that people are angry...and in the first 24 hours after a loss, people will want to vent. Just because you are able to take the loss relatively well, doesn't mean others will be able to do it as quickly as you obviously have.

Just because you disagree with the premise doesn't make every thread asinine. Many are well-thought out and state pretty clearly their viewpoints.

I wasn't suggesting YOU were pumping sunshine. Just that the zone isn't a place for people who only see the positive side. It's a very diverse group.

You have a non-rant thread. You should focus on that or maybe create new ones. That's just how I see it.

You are absolutely right.

All these fans will be back on board. No amount of rationality will have an effect today.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Preach on princess. That was a disgrace last night. I couldn't sleep and haven't wacthed any pregame shows. It make me sick that we've been reduced to being cheerleaders for other teams, because we can't handle our buisness.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2513559 said:

Yes, because we have to suffer the same serial idiocy from you on a daily basis. See how that works?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that the shills and denialists are already trying to put a pretty ribbon on last night's loss by telling others to shut the hell up. Guess they got tired of sticking pins in their Werder dolls.

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2513586 said:
Preach on princess. That was a disgrace last night. I couldn't sleep and haven't wacthed any pregame shows. It make me sick that we've been reduced to being cheerleaders for other teams, because we can't handle our buisness.

I agree, the fact we loss to a team that couldn't score all year is absolutely ridiculous!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
A+ rant.

Even the cowboy/jerry defense field proclaiming Jerry is the best GM 20year running is humbled today.

sad :(

CowboyPrincess;2513481 said:
Not only did the team let us down last night, but so did Jerry Jones. I don't give a rats butt about how rich the franchise is this morning. The boys looked like a pop warner team last night. They were slow, uninspired, and weak.

I'm more angry with Jerry Jones and sorry trick but I'm back to hating him.

Yes the Cowboys had their problems before Jerry bought the team, but nothing compared to what they have now. Instead of finding a REAL head coach, he has brought in experimental models with no real solid time in the drivers seat (other than Parcells). He has turned our beloved Cowboys into a joke in the NFL. For crying out loud, they call our coach "Coach Cupcake".

There was a time when meeting with the Cowboys struck fear into the hearts of other teams. They were big, mean, inspired and warriors. Last night when the Ravens arrived, they were the inspired warriors and they diss'd the stadium on the sidelines to the fans cuz they knew the Cowboys players didn't have the strength or power to stop them.

There was a lot of things wrong last night. The offensive line forgot to show up. Tony Romo forgot we wore White, not purple. The coaching staff was a no show also. The only players I saw out on the field last night that showed the Cowboys pride was Choice and WItten. They both played their hearts out and Witten played visibly injured which reminded me of players in the past who played through the pain.... They didn't shut down for pinkys, bruises or colds like they do now.

Now on to what really upset me last night... The stadium send off...

Jerry Jones had an entire season and then some to send the stadium off into retirement in style and he failed miserably. The sound system sucked really bad and I could hardly hear Roger talk about the Calvin Hill play. There was 40 yrs of history made in that stadium and he chose Emmitt Smith breaking the record as the most memorable? I love Emmitt, but he wasn't the best thing to hit the stadium. And a recent single player shouldn't have been the most memorable moment, it should have been a "TEAM" moment. And Tom Landry was totally disrespected. 29 yrs as head coach and moral leader of the team and all he got was a few picture splashes on the screen??? Screw you Jerry for that one! There was 30 yrs of history before Jones showed up and he glanced over it. Granted we didn't see everything over the TV (thanks to NFL network contantly cutting in) and this game and ceremony should have been on a network station so all of the Cowboys fans out there could see it, but from what I saw, the ceremony was as inspired as the team and game last night.

When I saw the game where Tex Schramm was put into the Ring of Honor, the past ROH members were taken around the field in style... motorized. Last night their final lap around the field was cluttered and on foot. And while I"m at it.. Where was Dandy Don? Even the turning off of the lights was lame and unnoticed. That was the worst stadium closing that I ever saw. Apparently the inspiration problem starts with Jones.

I honestly expected to see big names standing in groups on the field of play, being highlighted and their famous stadium action shown. Not them standing on a little stage crammed together and trying to say a few words on a non existent sound system..

Ok.. I know I'm ranting too much, but hey, I've been a Cowboys fan for 44 yrs and as a lifelong fan, deserved to see something so much better last night... I expected and deserved a night of history.. I was really looking forward to the ceremony cuz our beloved team and stadium had so much of it... and as a fan was let down horribly.

/rant

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2513574 said:

I think I may go start a thread on how people rant because other people are ranting. I may call it the don't read the rant thread.:D

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2513593 said:
Yes, because we have to suffer the same serial idiocy from you on a daily basis. See how that works?

I'm shocked, SHOCKED that the shills and denialists are already trying to put a pretty ribbon on last night's loss by telling others to shut the hell up. Guess they got tired of sticking pins in their Werder dolls.

Idiocy could be defined as being a fan of something you hate.

Wouldn't you say so Wilbur?

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
5Countem5;2513559 said:

Hello... Where did I say in MY thread that I was angry about losing? I am upset about how poorly they played and as my thread states, I'm ANGRY about the send off the stadium got.. it was piss poor. And the Cowboys are not just YOUR team.

I grew up a Cowboys fan a mile away from the stadium and use to go to sleep as a girl listening to the cheers from the stadium. My grandpa was one of the original boxed seat owners and my daddy coached a minor league team at the stadium when I was a lil girl. The Cowboys came and saw me in the hospital when I was 8 mos old and trying to stay alive after brain surgery. Tom Landry held my tiny lil body and prayed for me. And I got the honor of seeing my first Cowboys game with trickblue and watched Tex Schramm go into the ring of honor at that game. That stadium was a part of my family history and it didn't get the send off I thought it deserved. You have a problem with my being upset.. get out of the thread. Nobody forced you to open a thread that was clearly labeled as a rant about the stadium send off.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
5Countem5;2513559 said:

Your such a hypocrite. You purposely take the time to read and respond to every rant on this board but act as if your own little game of criticizing the poster and saying they are just looking for attention while doing the same thing yourself is not just as annoying to us.

Get over yourself. Why do you find the need to respond ever time if it bothers you so? Maybe because you want to see your name in the thread and need the attention?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Ok,Ok, Calm down, Take a deep breath .:)

You Ok Now????:)

I wasn't there but after reading your rant, I don't blame you for your feelings but it's the Holiday season:D don't let a Grinch like JJ influence you.

Hug the family ,Take a drink and forget about the Cowboys.

Until next week.:D