Texas Stadium send off - I don't rant often but here goes...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2513682 said:
Do you think Stephen will do a better job with the TEAM than his dad?
or is he as football dumb?
It's nice to talk with some one who actually knows the Joneses by the way.

I think Stephens hands are all over the boys... (an open for BP). I think he actually would be stronger than his dad. I got the sense that he really believed in the team and it was more than just money to him... even though he takes care of the money side. He seemed more real. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I think that if his dad handed the team over, Stephen would rework the whole team.. from GM to grounds keeper of the stadium

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2513709 said:
Yeah I know you and a whole bunch are. And I know you'll disagree with me on this. But honestly, from a GM standpoint, I don't have a problem with how Jerry has done things the past six years. Ultimately, it's about establishing a philosophy and acquiring the talent to match. He's been consistent in that regard. Even tho, not all moves have worked, he's done a good job.

Re: Stephen. From things that I've read, he's alot more pragmatic about the business. Not as much of a risk-taker as Jerry. I also think I remember Hos saying that Stephen was on record as saying he would hire a GM whenever Jerry stepped down. So I think that's a given.

Thnx for the info, every one has an opinion of Jerry. I just like the building of a champion done the old fashioned way, from within I guess.

I have always wondered how Stephen would handle the team when Jerry is pushing up daisies. Not much is ever said about it.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2513705 said:
Have you also noticed that my "trollish attacker" hasn't responded back to me after I gave him a history lesson? It amazes me how some come to the zone and attack others that have been here for a while without knowing facts or history. I've been in the zone for 4 yrs and everyone thats been here for a while knows I have a history with the boys and they know that when I rant, it's from the heart.

I love my boys and proudly show it on my skin near my heart. To suggest that I'm about winning and losing only is doing a disservice to me and all other true blue fans that bleed blue and silver and have remained fans from the beginning before the Jimmy Johnson and triplets era. I've been through the lean times living in 49er land during the Montana days, I've lived in the pacific northwest during the Cowboys wins of the early 90's.. have been threatened, cussed and everything else for wearing my jersey with pride in non Cowboys area's.. including last year when I was in D.C and NYC the day after the Cowboys whooped the Skins and I wore my Novacek jersey with pride. I am a TRUE fan and have proven it over and over and over.

I don't know how long he's been a fan, but if he was a TRUE fan, he'd be as upset as others are cuz we KNOW they are better than they are playing. And we know the stadium and fans deserved way more than they got last night... A well played loss would have been better than what we saw last night

I have no desire to get into your history of brain surgery and Tom Landry coming to see you. It's all very cool. If you want to make childish rants and go off about your history as if you are any better of a fan than I am then fine- go ahead.

At the end of the day - you are just a fan who got her feelings hurt and needed to vent like the rest here. No better, no worse.

Knock yourself out.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2513718 said:
I think Stephens hands are all over the boys... (an open for BP). I think he actually would be stronger than his dad. I got the sense that he really believed in the team and it was more than just money to him... even though he takes care of the money side. He seemed more real. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I think that if his dad handed the team over, Stephen would rework the whole team.. from GM to grounds keeper of the stadium

Thank you. You are giving me hope for the future of this franchise I have all but lost..:bow:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Smith22;2513674 said:
You make a good point, except IMO the comment about Emmitt. All time leading rusher. Key ingredient to 3 Superbowl wins. The guy is what football is all about.

Oh.. by no means was I diss'ing Emmitt. I think he was an amazing player and ahead of his time. I just felt that the #1 moment at the stadium should have been a team thing.. like the owners, team and coaches that built that stadium and made the Cowboys America's Team... It was the house that Roger built.. It should have been about the making of the Cowboys in that stadium.. or how about the physical Ring of Honor. That was stadium related. Emmitt is a Cowboys legend but his record wasn't a direct result of the stadium alone.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dave_in-NC;2513724 said:
Thnx for the info, every one has an opinion of Jerry. I just like the building of a champion done the old fashioned way, from within I guess.

I have always wondered how Stephen would handle the team when Jerry is pushing up daisies. Not much is ever said about it.
Truthfully that's how this team has been built. Yeah, they've signed and/or traded for some high-profile guys, but the bulk of the talent on this team are draft picks.

It's just that the one or two high profile guys are the ones fans focus on, but in general, this team is littered with draft picks.

I think Stephen would do some things differently, but I don't see him blowing it up either. His fingerprints are just as much all over this organization as Jerry, but he prefers to be in the background.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2513727 said:
I have no desire to get into your history of brain surgery and Tom Landry coming to see you. It's all very cool. If you want to make childish rants and go off about your history as if you are any better of a fan than I am then fine- go ahead.

At the end of the day - you are just a fan who got her feelings hurt and needed to vent like the rest here. No better, no worse.

Knock yourself out.

Isn't it easier to simply read it the first time, comment if you have to then not open it again?

I enjoyed reading her history. I enjoy what she has to offer, much more than reading you complaining about fans who complain.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2513749 said:
Isn't it easier to simply read it the first time, comment if you have to then not open it again?

I enjoyed reading her history. I enjoy what she has to offer, much more than reading you complaining about fans who complain.

I know ...It's easy to get put out with all the complaining-it's as if there's NO WAY Baltimore is a decent team that came ready to play.

It always has to be how bad Dallas sucks, not give anyone else any credit. I don't know why I would expect anything different.

But her "fandom" is not any different than anyone else's.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I could have sworn they had a vote on the greatest moments in Texas History and Emmitt Smith breaking the record won easily. I know Michael Irvin speaks of it as the greatest moment. I wouldn't blame Jerry. Remember, we tend to forget as the years go by. What was the most recent great event in Texas Stadium....Emmitt breaking the record....not only did the lifers see it, but so did all the bandwagoners.....and it is those bandwagoners that tend to throw their voice around a lot more than lifers.

I just expected more.....I also think the NFLN dropped the ball by cutting away from the ceremony to show press conferences. They should have shown the celebration in full and then shown the press conferences. Also, it would have been cool if Jerry could have righted some wrongs by adding a few deserving names to the ROH, like Drew Pearson.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2513762 said:
I know ...It's easy to get put out with all the complaining-it's as if there's NO WAY Baltimore is a decent team that came ready to play.

It always has to be how bad Dallas sucks, not give anyone else any credit. I don't know why I would expect anything different.

But her "fandom" is not any different than anyone else's.

I haven't read all the threads because I can tell by some of the titles it isn't worth it. What I haven't seen is any one say Baltimore wasn't the better team last night. They clearly were, they won.That doesn't mean fans aren't going to resist pointing fingers and calling players and coaches out. Why should it? People come to forums to express their opinions, it's what places like this are for, is it not?

Same as you coming here with nothing but defense of players or coaches.

This place would be awful boring if the only thread was titled Baltimore was the better team.;)

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
5Countem5;2513727 said:

Knock yourself out.

You are sooo off base with me. You have no clue. I didn't go off about how I was better of a fan because of brain surgery, etc. I went off on you for suggesting that it was about the team losing. I gave you a history lesson about me and the team to educate you in my motives only. I along with others feel this team and stadium are a part of their family. You suggesting otherwise was a slap in my face and I called you on it.

I didn't get my feelings hurt... geez, how stupid is that remark. I was hurt for the history of that stadium and what it meant for fans and how Jerry didn't give it the respect it deserved.

So... you go knock yourself out on being a hater of people that are passionate enough about the team to speak frankly. Go back to your hole and quietly show your disappointment under your rock where nobody can hear you. I for one love my team and just like family, will let them know when I'm disappointed at their actions. If you don't like it, don't read it. I'm not forcing you to read what I wrote. That is all on you. You have the right and the freedom to not read it and ignore it and I have the right and freedom to express my thoughts on the stadium send off

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2513784 said:
I haven't read all the threads because I can tell by some of the titles it isn't worth it. What I haven't seen is any one say Baltimore wasn't the better team last night. They clearly were, they won.That doesn't mean fans aren't going to resist pointing fingers and calling players and coaches out. Why should it? People come to forums to express their opinions, it's what places like this are for, is it not?

Same as you coming here with nothing but defense of players or coaches.

This place would be awful boring if the only thread was titled Baltimore was the better team.;)

Some fans flip out and and throw the team under the bus when things go bad.

Some fans stick up for their team when things go bad and the whole board turns on them.

I keep forgetting one is right and one is wrong...Sorry my mistake.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2513793 said:
You are sooo off base with me. You have no clue. I didn't go off about how I was better of a fan because of brain surgery, etc. I went off on you for suggesting that it was about the team losing. I gave you a history lesson about me and the team to educate you in my motives only. I along with others feel this team and stadium are a part of their family. You suggesting otherwise was a slap in my face and I called you on it.

I didn't get my feelings hurt... geez, how stupid is that remark. I was hurt for the history of that stadium and what it meant for fans and how Jerry didn't give it the respect it deserved.

So... you go knock yourself out on being a hater of people that are passionate enough about the team to speak frankly. Go back to your hole and quietly show your disappointment under your rock where nobody can hear you. I for one love my team and just like family, will let them know when I'm disappointed at their actions. If you don't like it, don't read it. I'm not forcing you to read what I wrote. That is all on you. You have the right and the freedom to not read it and ignore it and I have the right and freedom to express my thoughts on the stadium send off

You sure do...

Keep Rants Alive....

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
5Countem5;2513794 said:
Some fans flip out and and throw the team under the bus when things go bad.

Some fans stick up for their team when things go bad and the whole board turns on them.

I keep forgetting one is right and one is wrong...Sorry my mistake.

No, there is no right or wrong. It's simply how some fans handle losing.
You know yourself, it goes away in a day or two. I didn't expect to win last night, I wanted to, but didn't expect it.
We are to up and down, plus the way we have ended our seasons for years.
I was disappointed because we lost but more disappointed because that was the last chance to win in that stadium. Doesn't make me any more or less a fan.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
Emmitt breaking the record meant nothing to me. Someone should remind the fans that the we lost that game.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
CowboyPrincess;2513945 said:
Like that huh?

You know... I never thought of that.

:D It gave me a good giggle, I needed that today, thks.

To be fair CP, the closing ceremony itself, not counting the embarrassment/disappointment of the game, came off a lot better in person than it did on the TV coverage I've reviewed today.

Remember, there were 100+ players there. It would of taken an hour to parade all those jokers around that stadium in a motorcade-type deal.

Shoot, I was ready to get the hell out a there, it was freeeeezin' and I was loooong out of my stash of Kahlua, bourbon and coffee!!!

:muttley:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2514030 said:
:D It gave me a good giggle, I needed that today, thks.

To be fair CP, the closing ceremony itself, not counting the embarrassment/disappointment of the game, came off a lot better in person than it did on the TV coverage I've reviewed today.

Remember, there were 100+ players there. It would of taken an hour to parade all those jokers around that stadium in a motorcade-type deal.

Shoot, I was ready to get the hell out a there, it was freeeeezin' and I was loooong out of my stash of Kahlua, bourbon and coffee!!!

:muttley:

Wish I had been there to see it then. As you know, I'm crazy about the Cowboys history and would have loved to see it all there at the same time.

I would have even brought extra Koahlua and bourbon... you missed out... LOL