Texas @ Texas Tech... HOOK IT!

Air Force One

Reaction score
i mean, 99 times out of a hundred Gideon catches that ball. five year olds can catch that ball. he's been catching balls like that since his dad threw it underhanded to him when he was 8

so much hung on that ball

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dont apologize for complaining about the refs...they sucked.

all night long they missed holding and illegal hands to the face against TT.

they waved off the illegal block to the back on the Shipley PR for a TD.

they called PI against TT on an obviously tipped ball.....then had to use replay to fixed their blindness.

they called a bogus Offensive PI on TT just after they missed an obvious hold by the OT.

All season long the Big 12 officials have stunk up the joint. Thankfully, the two teams tonight were able to overcome the zebras and still give all us fans an exciting and memorable football game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Air Force One;2389145 said:
i mean, 99 times out of a hundred Gideon catches that ball. five year olds can catch that ball. he's been catching balls like that since his dad threw it underhanded to him when he was 8

so much hung on that ball

well 99 out of 100 times, Shipley catches that deep ball in the first half and takes it to the house.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Just got back from rushing the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game :)

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2389148 said:
dont apologize for complaining about the refs...they sucked.

all night long they missed holding and illegal hands to the face against TT.

they waved off the illegal block to the back on the Shipley PR for a TD.

they called PI against TT on an obviously tipped ball.....then had to use replay to fixed their blindness.

they called a bogus Offensive PI on TT just after they missed an obvious hold by the OT.

All season long the Big 12 officials have stunk up the joint. Thankfully, the two teams tonight were able to overcome the zebras and still give all us fans an exciting and memorable football game.

excuses excuses. tech won, deal with it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Good job by Texas to get back in the game and take the lead, but they deserved to lose for how they played defense to finish it.

8 seconds left and you're playing 3 yards off the WR? Wow.

yimyammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;2389112 said:
Congrats and enjoy it. You have another Super Bowl next week, and if you win, another one the week after.

Come on man, dont be bitter, I rooted for you guys against USC and always root for fellow Texas teams, TU has had tons of success and will continue to do so, Tech rarely has wins of this stature so dont begrudge a fellow Texan from enjoying his teams most likelly brief moment in the sun.

It will be a miracle if we make it through the next three games unscathed and if they do, they still have to get past the conference championship game and then a brutal bowl game.

In all likelhood, UT will end up in a better bowl than Tech, but for the first time ever my team is in the hunt (if only for a week)

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
yimyammer;2389187 said:
Come on man, dont be bitter, I rooted for you guys against USC and always root for fellow Texas teams, TU has had tons of success and will continue to do so, Tech rarely has any wins of this stature so dont begrudge a fellow Texan from enjoying his teams mos likelly bried moment in the sun.

It will be a miracle if we make it through the next three games unscathed and if they do, they still have to get past the conference championship game and then a brutal bowl game.

In all likelhood, UT will end up in a better bowl than Tech, but for the first time ever my team is in the hunt (if only for a week)

I love how you make an attempt at respect for UT, then quickly refer to them as TU.

lolol

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack;2389186 said:
Good job by Texas to get back in the game and take the lead, but they deserved to lose for how they played defense to finish it.

8 seconds left and you're playing 3 yards off the WR? Wow.
Yeah, there are Horns fans saying it was a trailing technique with the safety over the top and it was a good call. I'm no coach but I think having your opponent at the 28 with one play left you wouldn't say " let the best receiver in college football run buy you".

yimyammer

Reaction score
Hank Johnson;2389188 said:
I love how you make an attempt at respect for UT, then quickly refer to them as TU.

lolol

Typo, freudian slip or both?

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;2389189 said:
Yeah, there are Horns fans saying it was a trailing technique with the safety over the top and it was a good call. I'm no coach but I think having your opponent at the 28 with one play left you wouldn't say " let the best receiver in college football run buy you".

silly horn fans. they are traditionally delusional, but this year, they even surprised me.

too bad they had to lose though --- but at least it was against a team from WEST TEXAS!!! and not zeroooooo uo

jimmy40

Reaction score
yimyammer;2389187 said:
Come on man, dont be bitter, I rooted for you guys against USC and always root for fellow Texas teams, TU has had tons of success and will continue to do so, Tech rarely has any wins of this stature so dont begrudge a fellow Texan from enjoying his teams mos likelly bried moment in the sun.

Bitter? I'm just telling you the way it is. You guys better bury this game ball, like tonight and get ready for Okie State but I bet your still celebrating come game time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jimmy40;2389189 said:

Yeah that is the technique they used, but it was a dumb call.

Obviously the better team lost, but they deserved it for that sorry play.

yimyammer

Reaction score
jimmy40;2389195 said:
Bitter? I'm just telling you the way it is. You guys better bury this game ball, like tonight and get ready for Okie State but I bet your still celebrating come game time.

Dude, I don't need to be told how it is, I went to Tech, so I am well aware of what lies ahead. Wins like tonight have never happened, so Tech fans get a lot of joy out what you guys have grown accustomed to. We have to take pleasure in the simpler things in life since days like today don't come around too often.

Furthermore, I don't line up and play so I don't need to bury anything, what I do or not do doesn't matter.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Tech outplayed UT all night, and dominated them in just about every meaningfull statistical category, but their special teams are just amazingly bad and almost singlehandedly gave UT the game ... a punt return for a TD, a punt blocked, a FG blocked and numerous punts downed inside the 10.

I bet playing in Lubbock next week will prevent Tech from having too much of a letdown, but they'll probably get beat going to Norman. OU is going to be out for blood since Tech ruined their season last year. The tiebreakers involved between UT, TT, OU and OSU for the Big XII South title will be mindboggling.

Hank Johnson

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2389204 said:
Really, Tech outplayed UT all night, but their special teams are just amazingly bad and let UT back into the game ... a punt return for a TD, a punt blocked, a FG blocked and numerous punts downed inside the 10.

I bet playing in Lubbock next week will prevent Tech from having too much of a letdown, but they'll probably get beat going to Norman. OU is going to be out for blood since Tech ruined their season last year. The tiebreakers involved between UT, TT, OU and OSU for the Big XII South title will be mindboggling.

OU will probably dominate until their bowl game.. but i gotta stick with my call that the pokes will take 'em down in stillwater.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hank Johnson;2389169 said:
excuses excuses. tech won, deal with it.

excuses? no excuses....the refs sucked...

luckily for those stupid zebras, those kids on both sides of the ball played their butts off and overcame the horrible calls. luckily both teams were able to give all of us fans an exciting 4 hours of football.

unfortunately my team didnt make the plays to win. too many dropped passes. too much pressure on McCoy. dropping 2 potential INTs late in the 4th quarter. Not triple teaming Crabtree on that last play. If anything, let Crabtree catch it and then hold him up inbounds and let him fight until the clock runs out and then tackle him.

i just dont see why Texas doesnt run the ball the way TT does. those running plays that Tech uses are quite effective. they have a nice blocking scheme. there is no reason why Texas cant do the same thing.

that TT DLine played their butts off. I knew they would come out fired up, but I figured they would flame out by the end of the 1st quarter. However, those kids kept it up all game long. I am definitely impressed.

Oh well, at least Texas lost to an instate school not named A&M.....I can live with that.

I am more disappointed with the injury to Orakpo, than I am that we lost. I hope it is just a minor thing, and he was held out of the remainder of the game for precautionary reasons. It also sucked that Cosby missed almost the whole game. At least Miller came back after he went down, guess he was just winded. I hate seeing any of these kids get hurt.

I feel sorry for Baylor next week.

HOOK EM HORNS