1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The best Sports Newswire on the internet!
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Roger Goodell for target on every players back now

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by superonyx, May 17, 2018.

1. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

6,909 Messages
    8,210 Likes Received
    so now we have both David Irving and Reuben Foster being victimized by women thanks to the Zeke case an the way the league handled it.

Is anyone surprised?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...friend-domestic-violence-claim-a-money-scheme

Elissa Ennis, the ex-girlfriend of San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, took the stand Thursday and admitted she lied to police and fabricated domestic violence claims.

"I wanted to sue Reuben. It was a money scheme. It was all about money. I wanted to get him," Ennis testified under oath, per David Lombardi of The Athletic.

Ennis said she became enraged after Foster tried to break up with her and made up the claims in an attempt to extort him.

"I was threatening Reuben that I was going to f--k up his career," Ennis said.

She also testified she flagged down a passerby to call 911 on Foster after considering whether to falsify charges following a verbal altercation.

"I told him I’m about to f--k yo s--t up, make sure you don’t have a job tomorrow..." Ennis said. "I really wanted to kill him. I was so hurt."

Ennis originally told police Foster punched her 10 times, dragged her down a flight of stairs, threw her phone, physically forced her outside and then spit on her. The 49ers linebacker was arrested on felony domestic violence and weapons charges in February. He was officially charged in April despite Ennis recanting her story later that month.

The Santa Clara District Attorney's office pushed back Foster's formal arraignment after Ennis came forward last month by publicly admitting her story was a lie.

The 49ers said they will release Foster if the allegations prove true. He could still be subject to an investigation by the NFL, as the league does not state a player must be formally charged or convicted with a violent crime to violate the personal conduct policy.

Jake, Ken, lockster and 16 others like this.
  2. PUSHfold

PUSHfold Well-Known Member

312 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    The power Goodell has regarding these types of issues is asinine, the CBA needs to be renegotiated to only allow someone to be fined/suspended in these types of matters only if they're charged and found guilty in court of law. No more Goodell kangaroo courts just because he says so, NFL players lives shouldn't be allowed to be ****ed with in these kinds of manners just cause. This kind of stuff can ruin someones life and if we're gonna ruin someones life we better make sure its 100% proven fact that they did whatever is alleged. There's a reason people are innocent until proven guilty.

3. TWOK11

TWOK11 Well-Known Member

1,090 Messages
    2,489 Likes Received
    I said it all along: By punishing Elliott Goodell has invited vindictive, jilted lovers of athletes to use accusations of abuse to damage/ruin careers.

Maybe Elliott hit her, maybe he didn't, but the ONLY thing we ever had definitive proof of was that she fabricated at least some of the claims.

4. boxer-rumble

boxer-rumble Well-Known Member

348 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    If Foster doesn’t get any kind of discipline from RG I will be livid. Not saying I think Foster deserves it but the precedent he set with Zeke.

If RG turns a blind eye I’m done with the NFL and it proves he was only trying to screw the Cowboys.

ringmaster, baltcowboy, tico and 9 others like this.
  5. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

3,258 Messages
    9,873 Likes Received
    Many of us saw this coming, surely the NFL did too?

6. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,977 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    I agree. But with "De" Smith still leading the charge for NFLPA, there's very little hope of any real substantive change happening.

lockster and Furboy like this.
  7. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

6,878 Messages
    3,512 Likes Received
    Why did she tell truth?
    What did she have to gain?

robbieruff, jwooten15 and Dhragon like this.
  8. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

9,088 Messages
    4,730 Likes Received
    Long live Goodell. Clean up the league.

The 1% is weighing down the goodwill of the majority. They’re Animals. NFL doesn’t need their talent.

9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

30,194 Messages
    20,050 Likes Received
    The NFL got trashed for the Zeke decision on balance by its fans who have no faith in it's integrity and now gets this fall out. Goodell just got a massive lucrative extension.

The NFL embodies what is wrong with US culture: anything for a buck.

10. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

413 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Meanwhile, isn't Eli on trail for fraud? But, he probably won't be suspended.

Glad ole girl was honest.

Hennessy_King, lockster, Mr_C and 2 others like this.
  11. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

908 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    I said this when things went down with Zeke the way they did. Big Ol' target on those players back now. As if they didnt already have one to start with. That idiot (Goodell) took it to another level.

12. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

908 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Yeah you wanna talk about conduct detrimental to the league? Zeke didn't have settle anything, wasn't charged on anything. Didn't go to court over it. Eli, rather he meant to do it or not, was going to court over it, and settled. And there hasnt been a peep about an investigation. About that or OBJ

13. Centex

Centex Well-Known Member

226 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    Or it provides evidence that he has learned that sometimes jilted-or angry women lie. I would only be angry if he punished Irving but not Foster. Hopefully he has learned from this.

HowardC likes this.
  14. DasSchnitzel

DasSchnitzel Well-Known Member

239 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    So tired of this league. I'm just tired of it. I want men to go play football while I watch and cheer for my team. It's become an overcomplicated mess and 95% of what I hear about the nfl doesn't have a damn thing to do with playing ball.

**** that noise

15. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

11,714 Messages
    6,490 Likes Received
    Dallas will feel the effect of this can of worms this season too with irving.

Melonfeud likes this.
  16. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

413 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Haha ODB was on video smoking a bleezy an nothing. NYG get a free pass cause there Rogers favorite team. No investigation needed those guys are representing th shield properly.

underdark, lockster, Mr_C and 2 others like this.
  17. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

738 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    He won't suspend Foster, just Irving, even though he even got custody of his kid, which doesn't happen without the woman being nuts.

lockster, Clove, Sydla and 2 others like this.
  18. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

10,058 Messages
    3,578 Likes Received
    Her soul.. doing the right thing. She's a pos person but at least she did that right. Should count for something now a days. I would hope.

Melonfeud, HowardC and zerofill like this.
  19. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

738 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Not to the NFL I am guessing.

20. HowardC

HowardC Benched

782 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    There needs to be a dislike poke