Thanks Joe Buck

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
just trying to cover his arse I think. PLUS, Jerry hasn't exactly endeared himself to certain guys.There is a deep resentment of the Cowboys and it goes back to JFK and that whole thing. You either love Dallas or resent them. Nothin in between. Jerry tends to alienate certain groups at times. Much of it is plain jealousy...sour grapes.
I'm guessing that most of the people who have disdain for Dallas because of JFK (which, as someone who lives in New England, I have yet to actually see) are dead by now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
one thing on the field yesterday that did concern me was the poor play by Jeff Heath. I know this is a Joe buck thread, but did anyone else notice Heath always getting burned by the tightends? Byron Jones wasn't exactly flawless either. Not their best game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
one thing on the field yesterday that did concern me was the poor play by Jeff Heath. I know this is a Joe buck thread, but did anyone else notice Heath always getting burned by the tightends? Byron Jones wasn't exactly flawless either. Not their best game.
They weren't perfect, but they both had more very good plays than bad, IMO. I think Jones's only screw up was a hold, when he probably didn't even need to.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm guessing that most of the people who have disdain for Dallas because of JFK (which, as someone who lives in New England, I have yet to actually see) are dead by now.
You might be shocked to learn otherwise. I live in Texas and while the Cowboys are insanely popular here, we have those old timers that still cling to that crap that happened to JFK...which is real ridiculous if you think about it. I never will understand those that try to equate a successful sports team to the sad demise of a POTUS. Plus the whole Americas team thing gets stuck in their crawl.I think its pure animosity. Jerry Jones sure makes it easy for those naysayers sometimes to hate on us. Wish he would just zip his lip.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They weren't perfect, but they both had more very good plays than bad, IMO. I think Jones's only screw up was a hold, when he probably didn't even need to.
Seemed like the TE's were running free too much.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Poor coverage on TEs is a glaring weakness for the Cowboys D. Really shows up when their blitzes don't get home.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Our safeties and db's must be on point against the Saints next week or this baby will be put to bed real fast lol. That means covering like a mutha. Means affecting Brees at all times in the pocket. The Saints have an elite oline btw. That doesn't get talked about near enough.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Poor coverage on TEs is a glaring weakness for the Cowboys D. Really shows up when their blitzes don't get home.
Yes sir, agree 100%. Better solve it fast. Saints will make us look silly otherwise.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
for continually reminding us the Refs missed a couple of calls against the Cowboys yesterday. Appreciate your unbiased eye and astute analysis on missed calls, particularly when the Cowboys play the Packers.

You the best!

he cant see the calls against us when we play GB as his nose is firmly ensconced in Rodgers' behind

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes sir, agree 100%. Better solve it fast. Saints will make us look silly otherwise.
It seems to me like a weakness in the single high zone scheme when pressure is not quick to move the QB off his spot. If the QB can move the S with his eyes and has time to throw, there always seems to a big seam for the TE to run free outside the hash marks.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
he cant see the calls against us when we play GB as his nose is firmly ensconced in Rodgers' behind

tumblr_lnhmgkzEAl1qayohxo1_1280-1024x683.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
It seems to me like a weakness in the single high zone scheme when pressure is not quick to move the QB off his spot. If the QB can move the S with his eyes and has time to throw, there always seems to a big seam for the TE to run free outside the hash marks.
yup...check check. If we don't throw some different looks at Brees, the dude will expose said flaw.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Saints made the Rams look bad at various times. ENOUGH SAID. On any given Sunday yada yada. We will see.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak will need to be Elite Sunday to just keep up next week. Gonna be a track meet.