That Field Stretcher

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how his accuracy returns when the rest of the offense gets it in gear. The deep ball? Not so much. There's no one to throw it to.

Sorry but Dak has been trying to force Dez the ball. Dez has by far the most targets of any player in the NFL through two weeks. Witten, TWill, Bease, and Zeke have been getting open. Dak just isn't getting them the ball.

It took Dak a few weeks to pull his head out of his *** last season so I am not panicking but he has not been playing well in terms of distribution or accuracy.

Macnalty

Reaction score
The guy that, when he lines up, the secondary is already cheating backwards. The guy that truly strikes fear in opposing corners... Where is he? Every championship level team has one.

It's not Dez. He no longer separates and runs lazy routes. He appears to be content with being a 1a.

Its not Brice. He disappears for weeks at a time and can be very inconsistent. Very....

It's not Twill. He's a great body catcher and can contribute a little yac across the middle but you're not going to see him catching anything over his shoulder downfield.

So who is it?

I'll give you an example of a textbook field stretcher... Julio Jones
We need a top 5 pick and honestly if we had that I would take a DE rather than the field stretcher.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is why i look around like peeps be cray when they say they desire a Beez/Switz line-up.
So you want to scream mid-range?
Neither of those guys go downfield. Our fans must LOVE working the near-middle of the LOS...
Yay.

I'm hardly a fan of the 10-25 yard intermediate game. It's far better than dink and dunk but much less exciting than the brand of ball Romo used to run. That being said, it is hard to argue its effectiveness after what we accomplished last year.

The idea is to build on last year not flush it down and flounder at something different.

erod

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Dak won't let it go. He's so reluctant to throw down the seams.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Sorry but Dak has been trying to force Dez the ball. Dez has by far the most targets of any player in the NFL through two weeks. Witten, TWill, Bease, and Zeke have been getting open. Dak just isn't getting them the ball.

It took Dak a few weeks to pull his head out of his *** last season so I am not panicking but he has not been playing well in terms of distribution or accuracy.
Maybe Dak should be throwing downfield to Jwitt.

visionary

Reaction score
Romo used to throw Dez balls to high point regularly. Dak still doesn't know how to do it. Nevermind Dak not looking that way when he is wide open on a fly.

What happened to the deep post from TWill? It's been a long time.

I like Dak but if he cannot regain his accuracy then we are in trouble.

He has been much more jittery this year and not setting his feet
Not sure why that is but the coaches need to calm him down
He is trying too hard

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe Dak should be throwing downfield to Jwitt.

Your premise was that you can open up the field by having someone stretch the field. My premise is that people are getting open at intermediate ranges.

When Dak hasn't been missing them --you do acknowledge him throwing behind receivers I hope-- he has been forcing the ball to 88.

Someone with 4.3 speed and hands is not coming down the aisle. Our best hope is for Dak to play at least as well as he did last season. I was hoping for improvement but I will take maintenance.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm hardly a fan of the 10-25 yard intermediate game. It's far better than dink and dunk but much less exciting than the brand of ball Romo used to run. That being said, it is hard to argue its effectiveness after what we accomplished last year.

The idea is to build on last year not flush it down and flounder at something different.
But things are already looking flushed. Look at these games! These game-plans look totally different from last year.
I don't know where i'm going with this. I'd like to think I'm right...

sbark

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if Dak won't let it go. He's so reluctant to throw down the seams.
That would neuter Rico's effectiveness then.
Just as gronk is bradys deep thread....Rico up the seam would keep safeties off the run game

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That would neuter Rico's effectiveness then.
Just as gronk is bradys deep thread....Rico up the seam would keep safeties off the run game
Don't listen to old boy.
He's a prolific poster, but he's notorious for wearing blinders.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does anyone think if we had "this" guy, that he would be used properly anyways? This offensive scheme doesn't really allow for that.

It would take creating new plays, they can't do that now with the short, quick twins.

I do think Dallas needs that fast guy but am not confident it would work from a coaching standput to the QB who has accuracy issues.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Thanks, i get it. So not every team needs one, but we do.

I was going to mention the Pats, but are the outlier. Yes, if we had Brady and The Emperor we wouldn't need a deep threat. Pretty much every other legit Super Bowl team has one.

Sepia

Reaction score

People who reviewed the tape said none of our receivers were open in Denver. I saw someone analyze tape on YouTube, and after counting three seconds, you could see our receivers were blanketed. Their secondary MAY have left a little something underneath, but no one was open on most plays and Dak had to keep hitting Witten. Broaddus said the same thing after he watched the tape, and called the Denver secondary the best in the league.

There are games when people say Dak missed receivers open downfield, but last week wasn't one of those games.

Pants

Reaction score
Game 3 this week, right? just checking

not season on the line, must win at all costs, oh my God, please throw a deep ball?

again, just checking