That Field Stretcher

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who was Brady's guy last year when they won the super bowl?

He didn't really have one but won a Super Bowl anyway.

Then his GM went out and got him a deep threat.
Chin081017Patriots-JaguarsExhibition_Spt4.jpg

Wish we had one.

One being a deep threat or a GM.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Don't have him. Nick Eatman was talking about it today and I agree with him. The Cowboys haven't had that guy for awhile. I guy that can burn and make the defense fear him. I know Beasley and Switzer aren't burners but they are pretty quick and I wouldn't mind seeing them on the field together against the Cardinals. Attack the middle of the field and then maybe that opens it up for Dez.

erod

Reaction score
Don't listen to old boy.
He's a prolific poster, but he's notorious for wearing blinders.
Rico has never caught a pass in a college or pro game in his life.

He's just a basketball player until her proves otherwise. He hasn't proven otherwise.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No, it was not. He barely throws them and when he does throw 30+ yard deep balls he is bad.

He was awesome at intermediate throws last year but this year he has sucked.

If you want to pretend he has been accurate and playing well then you go right ahead.
Last year he was one of the most accurate if not the most accurate throwing 25 yards plus. And I will not pretend he's been good this year. But last year when he took shots downfield he was very accurate. So I don't know what you are going on about.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Rico has never caught a pass in a college or pro game in his life.

He's just a basketball player until her proves otherwise. He hasn't proven otherwise.
Perfect grammar. I applaud you.
I won't argue with you either on this particular subject. Not this one...

links18

Reaction score
The guy that, when he lines up, the secondary is already cheating backwards. The guy that truly strikes fear in opposing corners... Where is he? Every championship level team has one.

It's not Dez. He no longer separates and runs lazy routes. He appears to be content with being a 1a.

Its not Brice. He disappears for weeks at a time and can be very inconsistent. Very....

It's not Twill. He's a great body catcher and can contribute a little yac across the middle but you're not going to see him catching anything over his shoulder downfield.

So who is it?

I'll give you an example of a textbook field stretcher... Julio Jones

We overvalued the talent in our WR corps.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The guy that, when he lines up, the secondary is already cheating backwards. The guy that truly strikes fear in opposing corners... Where is he? Every championship level team has one.

It's not Dez. He no longer separates and runs lazy routes. He appears to be content with being a 1a.

Its not Brice. He disappears for weeks at a time and can be very inconsistent. Very....

It's not Twill. He's a great body catcher and can contribute a little yac across the middle but you're not going to see him catching anything over his shoulder downfield.

So who is it?

Moss is the only WR that ever fit that description for Tom Brady. He seemed to do okay without one.

Hardline

Reaction score

So who is it?

There's 31 NFL teams that don't have a Julio Jones.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Our best hope is for Dak to play at least as well as he did last season. I was hoping for improvement but I will take maintenance.

Yeah my guess is that he was expecting to make improvement simply by establishing a better rapport with Dez. I believe they worked hard this summer on developing their chemistry. Unfortunately, Dak appears to be hellbent on vindicating all the work they put in. As you suggest, he appears to be fixating on Dez and overtargetting him.

Gameover

Reaction score
Field stretcher is vastly overrated by fans. What the Cowboys need is wideout the QB can rely on. Jason Witten at WR position. Someone capable of catching 100-110 passes a season. Especially in this offense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Last year he was one of the most accurate if not the most accurate throwing 25 yards plus. And I will not pretend he's been good this year. But last year when he took shots downfield he was very accurate. So I don't know what you are going on about.

No, he isn't. So accurate. . . . .

Verdict

Reaction score
Sorry but Dak has been trying to force Dez the ball. Dez has by far the most targets of any player in the NFL through two weeks. Witten, TWill, Bease, and Zeke have been getting open. Dak just isn't getting them the ball.

It took Dak a few weeks to pull his head out of his *** last season so I am not panicking but he has not been playing well in terms of distribution or accuracy.

I don't always agree with your conclusions, but you are spot on with this post.

Verdict

Reaction score
Don't have him. Nick Eatman was talking about it today and I agree with him. The Cowboys haven't had that guy for awhile. I guy that can burn and make the defense fear him. I know Beasley and Switzer aren't burners but they are pretty quick and I wouldn't mind seeing them on the field together against the Cardinals. Attack the middle of the field and then maybe that opens it up for Dez.

Yeah, by all means let's do more and more FOR DEZ. How about Dez go out and earn his 70 million bucks? Would that be too much to expect?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

So who is it?

And there is only 1 Julius Jones. Not many teams have those.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So who is it?

Ankle Breaker instead of Field Stretcher. Get Switzer out there with Beasley. Let TWill run the deep routes and let Dez ride the bench.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I still have perfect 20/20 vision and Dak's deep ball looks fine to me. JMO

He isnt very good at it. And his accuracy is not very good. Those were some point of criticism when he was coming out of college also.

Its one thing to throw the ball deep downfield its a whole different story to place it in the right spot. Thats where he is not good at.

For example the backshoulder fade. Romo threw it well. Dak isnt able to do it right now. He looks better then last year but he has still ways to go. And this has nothing to do with being out of sync with WRs. He just isnt able to throw the ball precisley where it has to be.