CFZ That sound you're hearing is the hype machine warming up

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What in the Heck!?!?!?

Rockport don't let this guy get away with this!!!!!

Tell him to watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!

Tell him about the three 12 Win Seasons in a Heckin ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him how that is just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him no Trolls allowed in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell him about the 157 years of Coaching experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Yer killing me here zrin. I guess I don;t have to search your history anymore...it's confirmed. :laugh:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
This!! Same off-season changes are getting old, the same FO is getting older and pathetic and the same old FO message and results getting oldest. After 50 years behind the DC I'm at a crossroads. Missed the draft. Won't renew the ticket. Haven't glanced at the schedule and could not tell you when camp or the season starts. Starting to see a life and light without the DC disappointment.
Just because you enjoy the circus doesn't mean you can't realize that continuing to buy the hype is just playing into PT Barnum's mantra.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I love the direction this thread has gone. Lol. The only two things I'm excited about are making a profit from selling my tickets, and watching night games in my backyard with the new projector the wife got me for Christmas (especially once the heat subsides, which is usually halfway through October).

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I agree! Blocking is a double=edged sword. While I do appreciate diversity...it would be nice to remove some nonsense...it's just blocking seems...cowardly?

Since we can;t remove all of it from our society, it's good to practice tolerance...and manual mental blocking. :laugh:
Cowardly. Exactly. I'm not going to block someone as long as they are sticking to the discussion. When someone blocks me because they can't refute or acknowledge the validity of my argument, they are just acknowledging their weakness.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For every hype comment, there will be 20 anti-hype comments. :laugh:

I have not been as excited about this off season as usual. I think because of all the inactivity to improve the roster. And all the uncertainly with current players moving forward. As to their contract situations.

As I said all along, the most I am looking forward to is to see Trey Lance in the PS games. I know to many it means nothing. But to the team, coaches and Trey it means everything. As they know what they are looking for. We fans just think we know. :laugh:

Also looking forward to see if this draft class, as well some from last year, show they can be players.
I know we will get mixed opinions. Some will say player X looks great, as other will say but it is against scrubs.
Some will say player X sucks, and others will say, but he kept to his assignment, the guy next to him blew his assignment.
But this is why we are here.

So we have a few more weeks of not much going on. Then a few weeks of news will trickle out leading up to TC. I think many fans who say they aren't excited, will be as that time approaches. I know I will be.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Lol you got told by the big boss, mayne. It's crazy how someone who quit last season has the audacity to call another fan a bandwagon fan. It's easy for you to be all positive when you know youll just quit if they having a bad season
I really wonder about people that get triggered by seeing "anything but positivity" around here. He's not the only one. On the one hand, maybe these people actually have doubts about the team and their aggression is the attempt to beat those doubts back so they don't have to acknowledge them. In the extreme, I wonder if they had overly-critical or negative parents or spouses so that literally anything resembling something negative is cause to "fight back" for all the times they didn't with those people before.

The fact that this stuff plays out on a message board where you have tons of time to process written text before responding (or choose not to) is fascinating to me.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I respect Bobhaze a lot but do not always agree with him. He try’s to play the fence which I understand being a mod. I respect people more who take a stance one way or the other and don’t focus on straddling the fence. They can easily go either way depending on which way the wind blows. To me that blows.
Why are you always trying to tell others how to be a fan? Your Mightier Than Thou attitude is getting disgusting!

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
For every hype comment, there will be 20 anti-hype comments. :laugh:

I have not been as excited about this off season as usual. I think because of all the inactivity to improve the roster. And all the uncertainly with current players moving forward. As to their contract situations.

As I said all along, the most I am looking forward to is to see Trey Lance in the PS games. I know to many it means nothing. But to the team, coaches and Trey it means everything. As they know what they are looking for. We fans just think we know. :laugh:

Also looking forward to see if this draft class, as well some from last year, show they can be players.
I know we will get mixed opinions. Some will say player X looks great, as other will say but it is against scrubs.
Some will say player X sucks, and others will say, but he kept to his assignment, the guy next to him blew his assignment.
But this is why we are here.

So we have a few more weeks of not much going on. Then a few weeks of news will trickle out leading up to TC. I think many fans who say they aren't excited, will be as that time approaches. I know I will be.
There is an excellent point in that. Being a fan (to me) means it's fun to take a closer look on more than just wins and losses. This season would be a success for example, if our young o-liners find their spot and show some good performances. It would be a success if Diggs comes back strong after his injury and Bland becomes a great CB (not just pick 6es) so we have our CB duo for the next years. It would be a success if Aubrey keeps kicking that ball between the posts. Ferguson makes some further steps and becomes a great TE (he's good already). And so on and on. Can Micah be good for more than 10 games? What if our new (old lol) DC can stop the run game by winning in the trenches? Those are all individual goals I will follow closely and enjoy any progress.

I know what I'll get from Dak and I won't invest any excitement there. I'll ignore the crap coming from JJ and SJ. I don't care about "great TC" and "best shape of my life" statements. But there are lot's of other things to look out for this season.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We are just a few weeks away from Cowboys 2024 training camp and everything that it implies. NFL Football is just around the corner and after a mostly disappointing and head scratching off-season, the Cowboys will once again head to Oxnard, California to begin preparations for this storied franchise’s 65th season. And the best hype and sales machine in all of professional sports is about to gear up again.

Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with fans getting excited and hopeful about another season. I fault no one who gets excited about TC, pre-season games and the daily reports we get from camp about which unheralded players are looking great. I’m looking forward to having some real football to get excited about myself.

But count me among those who don't get too excited about training camp, ps games or reports of players who are having a “great camp” this summer. I take most of that hype with a huge grain of salt until the real bullets fly in games that count in the standings starting in September.

So here are some typical “hype” statements I’m almost guaranteeing we will hear in the coming weeks:
  • “__________ is having a great camp.” (Generic statement usually made about a young player who if he makes the team will probably only be on STs)
  • ”__________ is in the best shape of his life.” (Translation: It means nothing)
  • Some beat writer who covers practices will mention a “spectacular catch” or other great play made by some unheralded player who more than likely won’t make the team. (Remember the great catches made by the likes of TE Rico Gathers or WR TJ Vasher? Gathers had 3 career catches in a season and a half of NFL football, and Vasher never played a down of a regular season game. But they had great camps!)
  • ”________ is just out there making plays“. (Translation: We don’t have anything specific to say but we want you to get excited anyway)
Again, if you are a fan who gets exited about training camp or pre-season games, I support you enjoying all of it. I understand why many love it. I hope you will also understand why I just wait until September to get excited because to me so much of TC and preseason games are just hype.

So in a few weeks training camp opens and the hype machine begins its messaging. Hope we can all have fun with it however we choose.
Yes the circus is about to ramp up !
Look for many statements from the jones boys and mike. None of which will have substance.
I will wait for PS games to see the new players and others like duece etc.

Then of course the reg season games, and not just the cowboys. I am now curious about how wash will do.
So nice that snyder is gone now, if only we could get rid of the jones boys .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I find it sad when people call other members bandwagon fans simply because they are unhappy with the current state of the team despite the fact they have been fans their entire lives and are here, on a Cowboys forum site of all places, posting day after day.

Bandwagon fans are people who become fans when a team wins big games and disappear when teams lose or miss those games.

Since the Cowboys have not won a big game in 29 years, I think every Cowboys fan who posts on this forum week after week, month after month, etc. has more than proven they are not bandwagon fans.

I understand that you hate when people criticize the team, but after 29 years of failured seasons, I think Cowboys fans .. all of them .. deserve the right to be upset, disappointed, disillusioned and/or frustrated about the current state of the team.

Just because you "believe" every year does not make you a better fan nor does questioning the team's decisions and directions make other fans bad fans.
well said, but usually I see the term not a "real fan".
I just ignore those people as I know what they are, but I wont say what lol.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yep and it happens every year. I got suckered once, 1985 when I was still in high school. Got a subscription to the Dallas Cowboys Weekly and my first issue was during camp that summer.

Hype article about a world class track speedster we had signed at WR named Mel Lattany. Raving reviews, a little skeptical, but thought we may have found a true deep threat and was excited to see him play.

He got released in late August even before the final cuts. Never again.

sbark

Reaction score
Good point. It doesn’t matter what fans think as long as they show up and turn on their TV’s.

Only the players have to buy in.
Problem is they bite on the hype too much.

Randy White said what drove him was fear of failure....
With contracts nowdays....these kids dont fear failure, they get $$$, they get pro bowls, all pro, tv commercials.....team hype...
Brings complacency when in playoffs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Besides, without happenings such as the inevitable training camp QB updates where would AC/Rockport vs. MC be? Essentially the equivalent of depriving us of Ali vs Foreman.
Please don't insult Ali and Foreman like that. Those were clash of the titans. CowboysZone posters battling it out are like clash of the guys in Revenge of the Nerds or something. Lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem is they bite on the hype too much.

Randy White said what drove him was fear of failure....
With contracts nowdays....these kids dont fear failure, they get $$$, they get pro bowls, all pro, tv commercials.....team hype...
Brings complacency when in playoffs.
Yep, and why it’s become more of Entertainment Sports than a football league.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I find it sad when people call other members bandwagon fans simply because they are unhappy with the current state of the team despite the fact they have been fans their entire lives and are here, on a Cowboys forum site of all places, posting day after day.

Bandwagon fans are people who become fans when a team wins big games and disappear when teams lose or miss those games.

Since the Cowboys have not won a big game in 29 years, I think every Cowboys fan who posts on this forum week after week, month after month, etc. has more than proven they are not bandwagon fans.

I understand that you hate when people criticize the team, but after 29 years of failured seasons, I think Cowboys fans .. all of them .. deserve the right to be upset, disappointed, disillusioned and/or frustrated about the current state of the team.

Just because you "believe" every year does not make you a better fan nor does questioning the team's decisions and directions make other fans bad fans.
Absolutely agree 100%.