That's enough with Lewis

Ken

Reaction score
the good news is Wilson hasn't been on the inactive game list, ..the bad news is he hasn't been in any significant nickel packages and is just as green and inexperienced as his last preseason game.
He's not going to be a factor at all this year. Is Richard that big on experience ? vet Darian Thompson will see far more time than Wilson will.
Ya probably...

Unfortunately.

Carson

Reaction score
Jourdan is one of my favorite players on our defense. He has earned more game time.

Reminds of a young Scandrick. Just tough as nails gritty, not taking any bs and carries himself with that DB swagger

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can't be serious? You know a CBs job is to shut down receivers right? INTs are a bonus. Guess why you haven't heard Byron Jones' name hardly at all this season? He's been shutting WRs down so bad they don't throw in his direction.
I'm 100% serious. He's an athlete not a football player. Zero instincts. And why throw to byron's side when chido has been bad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
they are not afraid to throw Byron's way, .you actually think he's gonna INT the ball ? .
but when the other side (Awuzie) and primary nickel (Brown) is proving vulnerable on a weekly basis - why not challenge the other side even more so.

Byron is far more for shadowing the body of a WR, not drive on the ball for a pick.
he's been good at that art, but it won't ever give us the game changing turnover that the more elite CBs have the knack for.
They can be afraid of incompletions, even if they're not afraid of interceptions.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Even though he is good in the slot I view Jourdan as the #2 DB. He has really improved since he came to Dallas. Was a huge talker at first.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Lol!! Oh, I was screaming last night with about 90,000 other Cowboys fans in AT&T. This team came out from pregame warm ups looking ready to go. I'm sitting here now in the hotel lobby drinking hot tea with lemons and honey with a throbbing headache.
Thank you for your contribution

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Everybody knows it's all about the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight. Lewis has fight, and it's that fight that's going to earn him more playing time as the season goes on.

That's not always true. In High School, we had a 98 lb wrestler on the team who was a multiple times state champion, and even was invited to wrestle in an exhibition match with the US Olypmic team against the Cuban Olympic team in 1984. Later, he would come back to be the wrestling coach of the High School for several years.

He was a close friend of mine, and kept wanting to wrestle me (a basketball player) in gym class. I kept telling him, "Robbie, I'm too big for you. I outweigh you by 65 lbs, and you wouldn't like me beating you." Finally, the day came where he convinced the gym teacher to pair us off against each other. But I was simply too strong and too big for him. I planted my 165 lbs. on his chest and simply held him down. He wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks. Was he a better wrestler then me? Absolutely. Could the fight in his dog beat the dog in my fight? Not a chance.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Just play him at one of the 3 CB positions. Play him in the slot or left CB or right CB. Just play him.

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
i'm already up for finding a new starter vs Awuzie in the draft as. i'm just not convinced he'll be anything better than just decent and his game has too many big holes to continue
having his as a starter, and he hasn't done anything that will alter teams from going after him. and this is his 3rd year now. The good thing I could say is, the plays he does give up
in PI flags and big play gains, it seems it's just once per game. - but that one play is too much a huge momentum swinger for the opposing teams.

Unless there is very little interest for A. Brown in the FA market and Cowboys could get him back at a surprising bargain 1 year deal, I never figured to have Brown returning
next year. Ditto with Heath, who is also a FA.
Brown like Chido, has terrible turn and go ability. Very rarely do they turn their head to make the play on the incoming ball.
Hmmm

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Byron Jones teams are afraid to throw his way but receives 0 love on these boards. Dude is massively underrated.

The issue is that he sticks to his man so tight that the QB knows not to look at his direction and look elsewhere. This could mean that the ball comes out quickly because there is one read the qb don't have to go to which could result in other coverage people that isn't good in coverage being exposed.

Also, when the ball does get thrown his way, it is either incomplete or a completion. I know that a high interception, high tackles stat means that the qb is testing your coverage but even shutdown corners are able to average around 2-4 picks a season just by baiting the QB and making the WR think that he has the upperhand.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Reminds of a young Scandrick. Just tough as nails gritty, not taking any bs and carries himself with that DB swagger
Oscan was always a jerk off the field. Jourdan has a much better personality. On the field, Jourdan has more talent and is more of a playmaker.

conner01

Reaction score
He's just a natural football player. The more he plays the better he'll be. It's friggin criminal the way they've used him. He's the best DB on the team.
And he is the best tackler of the DB’s
I love his game

perrykemp

Reaction score
Lewis needs to be on the field the majority of the time. Maybe he's not CB1/CB2 -- however, he absolutely should be the starting CB3 (slot). I really question the competence of Marinelli / Richard on this.