That's enough with Lewis

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Yall drawin let byron walk. He dont make plays. Draft a corner. Dont overpay byron. He would have to play another 15 years just to get as many ints as Ramsey. Jlew and chido can hold it down on the outside. Draft a corner and sign a good corner in FA
You’re not paying him Jalen money. What if it was Darius Slay money? 12million per?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Byron is a workman-like shutdown corner. Doesn't get turnovers, but for the most part, locks down his side of the field.

Chido is the physical, scrappy guy. He's going to get beat occasionally for being too aggressive, but you can still win with him. If we had any actually Safety help, it would be less of an issue.

Jourdan Lewis is a football player. He consistently ends up around the ball. He's proven over and over again to be worthy of being on the field. Let go of your beliefs on prototypes and play the guy with great FBI.

Anthony Brown is a penalty machine. The officials are onto him and he hasn't changed. Yes, he's fast. Yes, he was great value in the 6th round. Those things don't hide the fact that his instincts are bad and he hasn't improved in that area.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You’re not paying him Jalen money. What if it was Darius Slay money? 12million per?
Yeh on like a 3 year deal. When his athleticism is gone he's gonna be str8 bum sauce. All athlete, no instincts or football IQ.

EJK24

Reaction score
Agreed they need to keep Byron.

I read an article going back a while ago, beginning of the season maybe, and the premise or the article was that because of the big money Zeke, Dak, and Amari will command, Jones is gonna be the odd man out. I can't remember who wrote it (Fish maybe?)

It's a shame because we are going to have a void to fill there if he walks and it's probably going to cost us another high draft pick to do so.

The only knock in Byron has always been his inability to create turnovers. Hes got all the physical tools, hes big, fast, and seems to be an intelligent player as well. He just hasn't been able to take the ball away for whatever reason.

If he does go, he will be missed for sure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard should never question Lewis going forward. If he didn't prove himself tonight the coach is blind.

the man needs to stay. Tall be dammed..production is what it is.

Lewis is a solid Nickel CB. He has a good feel for blitzing.

Kris Richard had high praise for Lewis in a training camp interview that I saw.

Apparently Garrett told the NBC crew that he loves Lewis as a player.

Brown is only 1" taller than Lewis and they have similar arm length & weight.

The Cowboys played less Nickel in the 1st half than I recall in a long time.

Sean Lee is still very good when he plays WLB which he did after Vander Esch exited the game.

Even at SLB Lee was good in coverage.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Byron is a workman-like shutdown corner. Doesn't get turnovers, but for the most part, locks down his side of the field.

Chido is the physical, scrappy guy. He's going to get beat occasionally for being too aggressive, but you can still win with him. If we had any actually Safety help, it would be less of an issue.

Jourdan Lewis is a football player. He consistently ends up around the ball. He's proven over and over again to be worthy of being on the field. Let go of your beliefs on prototypes and play the guy with great FBI.

Anthony Brown is a penalty machine. The officials are onto him and he hasn't changed. Yes, he's fast. Yes, he was great value in the 6th round. Those things don't hide the fact that his instincts are bad and he hasn't improved in that area.

Basically all of the big plays that Awuzie gave up this season were with him as the boundary CB (side with only 1 receiver).

The Cowboys play the deep Safety on the side with multiple receivers.

I would be curious to see Jones & Awuzie flip sides or have Jones always play the boundary side.

Syron

Reaction score
Is this why our coaches teach these guys just to play the man tight and not to turn around and locate the ball? Asking for a friend
For the most part, I feel like this is just a confidence issue. They are so worried about getting beat that they never play the ball. You would think they would see it in the receiver's eyes once and awhile, and turn for the ball. But I watching a game live, I rarely see their technique unless it leads to a big play.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Richard likes them tall corners so Lewis gets no love because he is short!....(er) (est)

It's not about height. It's about speed. Anthony Brown is the fastest player on the team. Jourdan Lewis is the slowest defensive back on the team.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Lewis is a solid Nickel CB. He has a good feel for blitzing.

Kris Richard had high praise for Lewis in a training camp interview that I saw.

Apparently Garrett told the NBC crew that he loves Lewis as a player.

Brown is only 1" taller than Lewis and they have similar arm length & weight.

The Cowboys played less Nickel in the 1st half than I recall in a long time.

Sean Lee is still very good when he plays WLB which he did after Vander Esch exited the game.

Even at SLB Lee was good in coverage.
stay focused 'X" you are rambling some..o_O:lmao2: