The 3 reasons we lost that game to the Cards

Heath

Reaction score
I just wonder why we didn't stretch thebfield at all. How many passes over 20 yards did he even attempt? Did the receivers not get any separation?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BS.

We win if we have their QB and they have ours.

and that is hypothetical, great then about hypothetical is always works the way the poster sees it. Fact is you don't know, that is an opinion not a fact. Funny thing is for much of the 2nd half of the season idiots at Cards sight was questioning Murray ability.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and that is hypothetical, great then about hypothetical is always works the way the poster sees it. Fact is you don't know, that is an opinion not a fact. Funny thing is for much of the 2nd half of the season idiots at Cards sight was questioning Murray ability.

Oh yeah.. I’m sure Dak would handle the Cowboys pressure so well with his starting Left Tackle, WR, slot receiver, and RB missing… Lollll, some hypothetical I have. I’m really going out on a limb with that one.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh yeah.. I’m sure Dak would handle the Cowboys pressure so well with his starting Left Tackle, WR, slot receiver, and RB missing… Lollll, some hypothetical I have. I’m really going out on a limb with that one.

and Card fans have been acting like you questioning Murray ability. Cowboys this year were dealing with several injuries and missing players especially 1st half of the season, Dallas was still winning.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The game wasn't broadcast live in my area, but I was able to watch highlights (or, lowlights, as the case may be). Here is what stood out to me:

The Cowboys were unable or unwilling to run the ball. The knock-on effects included little or no play action, heavy reliance on the pass which, in turn, meant the Cardinals' defense was simply racing to the QB without any real concern about the run.

Too few plays that attacked the Cardinal defense down field. It seemed we were trying to dink and dunk our way to greatness.

Slow or disjointed game tempo. What happened to the upbeat, keep-the-defense-on-its-heels tempo?

I don't even want to get into the penalties or refs -- that is simply scapegoating.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and Card fans have been acting like you questioning Murray ability. Cowboys this year were dealing with several injuries and missing players especially 1st half of the season, Dallas was still winning.

I don’t care about other fans opinions. I know what Dak is and I know what Kyler is.

I’m sorry that you watched that game Sunday and still can’t figure it out but you really shouldn’t be arguing with me about it because it’s silly.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kinda funny about the D,all as we heard was all the O needed was a middle of the road D but when the O doesn't show up for 3 quarters even top 10 D's will have problems. Now it's the D needs to the 85 bears LMAO,looks like the real key to Dallas success is playing a team decimated with injuries,sickness, and PS QB's and D's playing 3rd stringers. Maybe the stars will align, and the playoff opponents will be down to 3rd stringers and PS pick up QB's due to sickness.
I take it this way- if you’re going to be competitive for a SB, you better be good in all three phases of the game- offense, defense and STs. Sunday against the Cards, we weren’t good in any of those 3 phases.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The game wasn't broadcast live in my area, but I was able to watch highlights (or, lowlights, as the case may be). Here is what stood out to me:

The Cowboys were unable or unwilling to run the ball. The knock-on effects included little or no play action, heavy reliance on the pass which, in turn, meant the Cardinals' defense was simply racing to the QB without any real concern about the run.

Too few plays that attacked the Cardinal defense down field. It seemed we were trying to dink and dunk our way to greatness.

Slow or disjointed game tempo. What happened to the upbeat, keep-the-defense-on-its-heels tempo?

I don't even want to get into the penalties or refs -- that is simply scapegoating.

Dallas made no attempt to run the ball.

Same thing that always happens when we get behind. We abandon the run and rely on Dak and he fails and fails until the end of the half when defenses loosen up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t care about other fans opinions. I know what Dak is and I know what Kyler is.

I’m sorry that you watched that game Sunday and still can’t figure it out but you really shouldn’t be arguing with me about it because it’s silly.

I watched the game Sunday and did not feel that Dak played a great game and yet in spite of the fact he was not great he was still able to throw 3 TD passes on the day. Again I was not thrilled with how he played but Dak play did not lose that game. There were several miscues by this team and they lost and if you can't figure that out then you really are clueless about this game. It is not QB alone, it never has been but you really do not get it for you it is 1 position and that tells me you really do not know a damn thing and not worth the time

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I watched the game Sunday and did not feel that Dak played a great game and yet in spite of the fact he was not great he was still able to throw 3 TD passes on the day. Again I was not thrilled with how he played but Dak play did not lose that game. There were several miscues by this team and they lost and if you can't figure that out then you really are clueless about this game. It is not QB alone, it never has been but you really do not get it for you it is 1 position and that tells me you really do not know a damn thing and not worth the time

lol thanks for the box score stats. I don’t need to see them since I watched the game and our QB was terrible. Duh. Thanks for the stats tho.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Deck more in McCarthy are why we lost. Those three guys need to get it together and get it together quick. For this offense to only have seven points after three quarters is pathetic.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak didn’t play well but it makes me laugh when I hear the “we could have won that game with Kyler Murray as our QB”. Murray is excellent but somehow he couldn’t lead the cards to a win against the mighty lions where they managed 12 points. Dak had a a not so great game. But the Murray is better talk is silly IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak didn’t play well but it makes me laugh when I hear the “we could have won that game with Kyler Murray as our QB”. Murray is excellent but somehow he couldn’t lead the cards to a win against the mighty lions where they managed 12 points. Dak had a a not so great game. But the Murray is better talk is silly IMO.

I mean I’ve watched Dak lose to the Sam Darnold Jets before.

If you want the whole package Kyler is a lot better than Dak. I don’t even know how it’s debatable.

Dak isn’t a guy that carries his team. Kyler is.

He’s also beat us 2 years in a row and he did it this year on a inferior team that’s banged up on the road

Kyler Murray is a better QB than Dak. It’s not even debatable as far as I’m concerned.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean I’ve watched Dak lose to the Sam Darnold Jets before.

If you want the whole package Kyler is a lot better than Dak. I don’t even know how it’s debatable.

Dak isn’t a guy that carries his team. Kyler is.

He’s also beat us 2 years in a row and he did it this year on a inferior team that’s banged up on the road

Kyler Murray is a better QB than Dak. It’s not even debatable as far as I’m concerned.
I think it’s very debatable. But that’s cool. I do think Murray is a really good QB. But he hasn’t done anything above Dak yet. He hasn’t won a playoff game yet and they haven’t even made the playoffs with him until this yr.

I hear you- Murray’s good. But IMO he hasn’t proven to be better than Dak yet. He was certainly better Sun. But time will tell. You may be right over time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think it’s very debatable. But that’s cool. I do think Murray is a really good QB. But he hasn’t done anything above Dak yet. He hasn’t won a playoff game yet and they haven’t even made the playoffs with him until this yr.

I hear you- Murray’s good. But IMO he hasn’t proven to be better than Dak yet. He was certainly better Sun. But time will tell. You may be right over time.

It doesn’t take much to prove to be better than Dak. Dak doesn’t do anything. He’s just a standard on a good team that inflates his numbers against poor teams.

Dak will go as far as his run game takes him. If we have to rely on his arm we are not a good football team. We’re mediocre because he is mediocre.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why is that strictly on the defense? Short offensive drives play just as much a role in TOP.

I see a lot of people ignoring that.

The offense doesn’t get to stink it up all game and then be the hero because they start moving the ball at the end of the half’s.

When you play good opposing teams sometimes you’re just hanging on and doing your best.

Notice how the mighty Chiefs defense that everyone has spoke about wasn’t so mighty against Burrow and Chase this week.

Good offenses get theirs in this league and Dallas of all teams can’t complain about defense when they’ve spent the amount of money and resources on offense and get no production nearly all game.

Sydla

Reaction score
The 3 reasons we lost that game yesterday- we played poorly in all 3 phases of the game:
  1. Offense didn’t play well enough.
  2. Defense didn’t play well enough.
  3. STs did not play well enough.
Btw, none of the reasons include the refs.
Let us examine why in these three phases of the game we failed:
OFFENSE:
  • Had 3 dropped passes.
  • Dak’s fumble in the 4th qtr.
  • Terrible run blocking by the OL. (Avg less than 3 yds per rush)
  • Poor pre-snap communication forcing hurried snaps to beat the play clock.
  • Was 3-11 on third down conversions
DEFENSE
  • Gave up 399 yards.
  • Allowed 7 third down conversions including two in the critical last 4 min.
  • Had one sack and no TO’s.
  • Allowed 35 min in TOP.
  • Allowed a backup WR to have a career day including 2 TDs.
  • Forced to use a critical timeout in 3rd qtr that killed us in the end.
  • Had 4 min and some change and the end to force a stop and didn’t get it done.
ST’s
  • Greg “Lou” Zuerleine missed a make-able 43 yard FG in first qtr.
  • Gave up a critical fake punt conversion in the first half on Cards 91 yd drive.
NONE OF THESE REASONS INCLUDE THE REFS. Yes we had some bad calls including that missed fumble….welcome to the NFL! If we hadn’t wasted a timeout earlier we could’ve challenged that.

Let’s all be adults here and admit…we got outplayed in all three phases of the game. That is why we lost.

Small quibble, there were no third downs on the Cards last drive except for that last kneel down by Murray to end the game.

The defense just gave up big chunk plays that entire drive:

1st & 10 - Incomplete
2nd & 10 - Murray ran for 15
1st & 10 - 3 yard run
2nd & 7 - Ertz for 11
1st & 10 - 11 yard run
1st & 10 - 6 yard run
2nd & 4 - Murray run for 9

Two Minute Warning

1st & 10 - kneel down
2nd & 11 - kneel down
3rd & 12 - kneel down

The defense couldn't even force a critical 3rd down on that entire drive.