The 49ers Are The Only Team That Can Beat Us At Our Best

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Stink? They are the reigning champions with the undisputed best QB in the league. It's a fact that they would be favored over Dallas on a neutral field today. Not really even debatable.
Yes, stink. They are not good. I don't know what you're looking at to think they'd be a favorite. Their offense is terrible right now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Why a military reference?

Dan Quinn describes 'warrior effort' from defensive unit​

Quinn's Message
The Dallas defense limited the Philadelphia offense to just six points on the night as the unit suffocated the Eagles' top weapons and kept them out of the end zone for the first time all season. The success was seen on all three levels, as the defensive line generated a consistent pass rush, the linebackers made plays across the middle including a Markquese Bell forced fumble, and the safety group had its best day all season in coverage and in filling running lanes.

"After the game, I sent a group text to the defense," Quinn said. "It was only [a few] words, but it was all I needed to say to them. I said, 'That was a warrior effort and one that was called from the heart.' I thought that was a really cool example of that."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/dan-quinn-describes-warrior-effort-from-defensive-unit

The sport of football is the closest to design, aggressive offensive and defensive procedures, group effectiveness, management, and personnel development and leadership progression. The military is blessed to have Congress to provide funds, where the franchise is dependent upon Jerry Jones and a limiting element to cap funds for success. That flow of cash influences team identity and strength much more of a factor and outcomes in sport.

Principals when not allowed focus upon takes objectivity out of a fan's perspective. A reference to long established principals for success at effectiveness while in battle...here, game conditions. It dramatizes affecting elements, beyond a plane disruptive lack of reinforcing and actual paths worked on in the now and progressing. That takes more to view and recognize than throwing together a bunch of statistics and proclaiming a group blame. It misses a ton of what is actually going on.

Replacing Hankins

While the exact timetable for when defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins will return from his high ankle sprain that he suffered on Sunday night is uncertain at this point, Quinn said that he feels confident about the options that are in the building including rookie first-round pick Mazi Smith, Neville Gallimore and a pair of practice squad options.

"If he is [out], the options would obviously come from within the team," he said. "People like [practice squad defensive tackles Carl Davis and Willington Previlon] would be activated, but for us it's probably too early to know where that sits at for this week's game anyway."

CCBoy

Reaction score
do I think this team is different? Yes… but we’ve proven in the past when it gets down to the big games we struggle. I wouldn’t be suprised to see us have our hands full in that first playoff game at Atlanta New Orleans or Tampa.

I get it any given Sunday…. But this team has sometimes dominated the regular season and failed to impress their will in the post season.

I have a lot of faith in this team… so hopefully it isn’t same old cowboys. But they’ve let us down before.

In another month the real test starts. To see if this team is truly different
A feature not being considered here that does affect outcome...pride. That is the drive to success and this group is not limited by any previous possession of just that or a fan base that doesn't have enough to just carry the team spirit.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I guess losing to them 3 times in a row isn’t enough for some folks.

This is reminiscent of the Switzer era from 94-95 where the Niners beat us in the reg season in 94, NFCCG in 94, then again in the regular season in 1995 (with their backup QB Elvis Gerbac if I remember correctly). The only reason we won the 95 SB is because GB did us a favor and knocked them out of the divisional round.

We’ll need another miracle like the one above. 49ers have our number
You need a number? If you need a car, call Junior at BR549! Or just ask the liquor store guy.

Explain the 3 times and give the numbers on being just demolished...but include those during the entire time of Mike McCarthy as head coach. Prove one's point beyond a wine.

Flamma

Reaction score
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
I think we can beat the 49ers in Dallas. I'm not so sure at San Fran.

I'm not counting it out. We lost to the 49ers 45-14 in 1981. We just barely lost the NFCCG to the infamous catch. We went into San Fran and beat them in 1992. IMO we beat the better team. But we were the better team that day. It can happen.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think we can beat the 49ers in Dallas. I'm not so sure at San Fran.

I'm not counting it out. We lost to the 49ers 45-14 in 1981. We just barely lost the NFCCG to the infamous catch. We went into San Fran and beat them in 1992. IMO we beat the better team. But we were the better team that day. It can happen.
Right now, both teams are 10-3. That applies to the Eagles as well. You are what your record is...and that doesn't set up Dallas to have their butts kicked by either San Francisco or Philadelphia. The Eagles a week ago had the very best record in the NFL.

Don't accept second place for any hero coming into a stadium...period.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'm not even sure about that. In our last three losses we haven't seen Dallas play their best against SF.
We don't play our best because their roster is simply superior. Their front seven dominates our OL and gives no lanes to run and no time to throw. On offense, their OL gives Purdy a clean pocket, creates massive running lanes, and they have CMC, who is maybe the overall best offensive player when healthy, and I am including Tyreek in that assessment. Combined with the creative play calling, Deebo, Ayuk, and Kittle, they are far and away the best roster.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Yes, stink. They are not good. I don't know what you're looking at to think they'd be a favorite. Their offense is terrible right now.
If it was Dallas vs.KC tomorrow in the Super-Bowl, do you actually think Dallas would be favored?

The only question would be how many points is KC favored by.

"What I'm looking at" is a lot more than the last couple of mediocre games by KC.

Dallas might take KC though, but that's not the point.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
They are 10-3 and haven't played their A game is kind of the point.
They aren’t that good and don’t have the personnel this year. That’s my point. Not a single impressive game. Elite teams have blowouts. They have a bottom 5 pass def. There is no evidence of an A game from them. Not even close to Dallas this year.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They aren’t that good and don’t have the personnel this year. That’s my point. Not a single impressive game. Elite teams have blowouts. They have a bottom 5 pass def. There is no evidence of an A game from them. Not even close to Dallas this year.
The question isn't "are they as good as the Cowboys."

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We a new wrinkle or something they aren’t expecting to have any chance. We were completely healthy the first game and it wasn’t even close.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
We don't play our best because their roster is simply superior. Their front seven dominates our OL and gives no lanes to run and no time to throw. On offense, their OL gives Purdy a clean pocket, creates massive running lanes, and they have CMC, who is maybe the overall best offensive player when healthy, and I am including Tyreek in that assessment. Combined with the creative play calling, Deebo, Ayuk, and Kittle, they are far and away the best roster.
I kind of agree with this. On a neutral field, Cowboys vs. Eagles, I think the cowboys win 7-8 times.

With the 49ers I'd go with 3 times based on what I've seen so far. 49ers have better overall skill players (I think Ceedee is better than any one of their pass catchers, but Deebo/Aiyuk/CMC/Kittle combined are just too much to handle), even OL, slight edge Cowboys QB but not enough to matter, and on the OL, just a bad matchup against the 49ers DL. Cowboys secondary slight edge but 49ers have the best LBer tandem in the league and overall coaching, slight edge to the 49ers.

I'm not ashamed to say I think they are just a better top to bottom team than the Cowboys right now. I'm hopeful that if we see them in the playoffs the Cowboys get the win, but all things being equal that team is a well built juggernaut.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I kind of agree with this. On a neutral field, Cowboys vs. Eagles, I think the cowboys win 7-8 times.

With the 49ers I'd go with 3 times based on what I've seen so far. 49ers have better overall skill players (I think Ceedee is better than any one of their pass catchers, but Deebo/Aiyuk/CMC/Kittle combined are just too much to handle), even OL, slight edge Cowboys QB but not enough to matter, and on the OL, just a bad matchup against the 49ers DL. Cowboys secondary slight edge but 49ers have the best LBer tandem in the league and overall coaching, slight edge to the 49ers.

I'm not ashamed to say I think they are just a better top to bottom team than the Cowboys right now. I'm hopeful that if we see them in the playoffs the Cowboys get the win, but all things being equal that team is a well built juggernaut.
At our best and without mistakes. we can definitely beat them. But if you forced me to bet my house, no question it would be on SF.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Our defense basically held them in check last season in the playoffs and they're basically the same offense. They're better this year because they've stayed relatively healthy all season. I think the matchup in week 5 was aboration as this team was still trying to figure out its identity and was still working to clean up a few things on both sides of the ball

Now our Oline is starting to gel and it's showing in both the run and pass game. And Dak is playing at an all time high level. Cooks, Fergy, and Rico are starting to become more involved. Its all about momentum and health and this team is starting to build momentum, confidence, and an identity at the right time.

If we could somehow play this game at home I think we can win.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, you are off as to respect. Giving all was by us all. Sacrifice was offered by us all. Respect for all who served in the military and now are dead paid the same element....putting it all on the line. The same goes to law enforcement, ERT's, firemen as to organizations. Not my point...and respect shown you should make you proud as well.

Hey, we all respond and unwind. I have had a lot of journeys as to feelings and anger as well. My first response about your removed post was to bite off your head and pee down the nub. That wasn't needed, and of course not my recourse or direction.

Rangers in Nam were often volunteers from other MOS and just were tired of watching incoming. I never questioned you as to why. I talk directions taken and organizational similarities. Concepts needed on all organizations. The Army is the oldest governmental organization in the Country. It has experienced more and developed on organizational elements than any other bureaucratic organization in America. It has advanced prindipals of organizational maintaining, leadership, mission accomplishment, individual development, and leadership. After exercise analysis was a long established element developed long ago, by our participations.

They are very relevant and not bragging at all.

I turned blue out of Fort Benning, Ga.

I started out first at the Air Force Academy.

I was in the Army for 23 total years and attended 4 NCO Development Schools on MOS and leadership skills. I'm not attempting to look like anything...just giving backgroud as to sources of information for principals that give real reflection as to the sport and organization of the Cowboys. Ever insult a General?

This is for you just to listen to...when we came out of Viet Nam in 1975, we had to remake the entire NCO Corpe. The reason was stabilization of sustaining depth of changes in fighting as well as efficiency in sustaining high imput of people as well as environment for mission, and yes, families also.

We had to literally bump heads who didn't want anything beyond going to the bush and killing. They could not see why Garrison required dedication as well. It is. One has to learn those standards of change and the why's. That was for the good of the service. It wasn't easy, as that occurred at the same time that racial conflict was being removed from opportunity as well. Principals were very important as was loyalty. We all volunteered to give all, but also with base and respected guidelines for all conduct.

We are both veterans as well as Cowboy fans as well...I know football more than at a medelsome level.

You have a Cowboy flag on your car antenae? That doesn't require listening silence.

Beat Buffalo badly...this is a sport.
I have no friggen clue what you are blabbering about. Sometimes I'm not sure if English is you primary language.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
You need a number? If you need a car, call Junior at BR549! Or just ask the liquor store guy.

Explain the 3 times and give the numbers on being just demolished...but include those during the entire time of Mike McCarthy as head coach. Prove one's point beyond a wine.
Wild Card round 2021
Divisional Round 2022
Regular Season 2023

Unless you’re just focused on how “badly” we lost, which it seems like you’re doing. There are no moral victories here. In 94-95 the 49ers bet us once in the regular season, once in the playoffs and then again in the regular season the following year. Just like then, they have our number.

I have no idea where this confidence (or maybe it’s arrogance) is coming from considering how badly they also just beat us 2 months ago.

They are extremely physical, and their fueled by their hatred and disdain for Dallas (see George Kittle shirt after celebration).

We have to hope someone saves us from facing them the same way GB did in 1995

windjc

Reaction score
Wild Card round 2021
Divisional Round 2022
Regular Season 2023

Unless you’re just focused on how “badly” we lost, which it seems like you’re doing. There are no moral victories here. In 94-95 the 49ers bet us once in the regular season, once in the playoffs and then again in the regular season the following year. Just like then, they have our number.

I have no idea where this confidence (or maybe it’s arrogance) is coming from considering how badly they also just beat us 2 months ago.

They are extremely physical, and their fueled by their hatred and disdain for Dallas (see George Kittle shirt after celebration).

We have to hope someone saves us from facing them the same way GB did in 1995
Well, yes, if Dallas plays SF in the playoffs and are cowardly, like you, then they will lose. If they come out and smack SF in the face and dont give an inch for 60 minutes, they can win.