The 49ers Are The Only Team That Can Beat Us At Our Best

snadler

Reaction score
What’s funny and sad at the same time, every playoff loss since the 90’s gas always been about the boys beating themselves, so until it doesnt happen I still believe they will find a way to beat themselves

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What’s funny and sad at the same time, every playoff loss since the 90’s gas always been about the boys beating themselves, so until it doesnt happen I still believe they will find a way to beat themselves
Ok, Stephen A. Smith. Nice to see you show up.

:p

loublue22

Reaction score
we were probably one of the best 3 teams last year and look what happened, seeding plays a huge part

Bigdog

Reaction score
I said it in another post. They are the best team in the NFL when healthy right now. We are 2nd best and if we play them again. I think we are better then the 30 pt drubbing then we took in early October. With the way way our offense is going it would be a high scoring affair.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Definitely not. They stink right now.
Stink? They are the reigning champions with the undisputed best QB in the league. It's a fact that they would be favored over Dallas on a neutral field today. Not really even debatable.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I guess losing to them 3 times in a row isn’t enough for some folks.

This is reminiscent of the Switzer era from 94-95 where the Niners beat us in the reg season in 94, NFCCG in 94, then again in the regular season in 1995 (with their backup QB Elvis Gerbac if I remember correctly). The only reason we won the 95 SB is because GB did us a favor and knocked them out of the divisional round.

We’ll need another miracle like the one above. 49ers have our number

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
If we play our best not even SF can beat us.
That goes for them too. So the real question is, who can bring his best game to that match in the play offs? So far SF did it three times and we...

I said it in another thread, the Cowboys seem to have evolved since the game against SF. And I don't mean the scores, but rather what you see on the field. Eagles, Bills and Miami have to suffice as litmus test. Part one was handled with care by the Cowboys.

The thing that gives me confidence against the 9ers is the team's current confidence. They seem to be very concentrated and they know what they can do without being cocky. That's usually a deadly combination.

plasticman

Reaction score
When have the Cowboys been at their best?

The Cowboys are at their best when the starting corners are Gilmore, Diggs and Brand. They are at their best when the starting LBers are Parsons, Clark, and Overshown. They are at their best when Tyron Smith isn't just returning from an injury while not playing in the two previous games.

The Cowboys certainly wasn't at their best this season in their game at San Fransisco.

The Cowboys will be much closeer at their best when they meet later in the playoffs.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Eh, Philly's A-game could.

They had a couple of drops that took points off the board, plus the fumbles. I think Dallas is the better team, but they still present a lot of problems.
Not even close. Show me Philly’s “ A game “ this year? Dallas A game beats them 10/10 times this season.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Stink? They are the reigning champions with the undisputed best QB in the league. It's a fact that they would be favored over Dallas on a neutral field today. Not really even debatable.
No they would not. They have no WRs. Dallas would easily be favored right now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yep. That's the only team that still scares me.

If SF stays healthy, this could be their year.
the thing about them is they have this attitude. they get in your face. they push you, step on you and laugh in your face.

we don't have that. except for Fergi who is showing a little. not afraid to get in people's face. the whole team needs to pick up on that a little.

CCBoy

Reaction score
We need to play our best at Buffalo first...ride that plane up their city and win that game.
Duffle bag drag...in Germany I worked as a Customs MP at Rhein Mein Airport as one of our duties.

Any snow for the game?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
do I think this team is different? Yes… but we’ve proven in the past when it gets down to the big games we struggle. I wouldn’t be suprised to see us have our hands full in that first playoff game at Atlanta New Orleans or Tampa.

I get it any given Sunday…. But this team has sometimes dominated the regular season and failed to impress their will in the post season.

I have a lot of faith in this team… so hopefully it isn’t same old cowboys. But they’ve let us down before.

In another month the real test starts. To see if this team is truly different

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IMO They are the only team we need to worry about. If we lose to anyone else it’s because we beat ourselves.
I don’t think they’re a team. Everybody thinks they are either. The Eagles sucked. We did not beat a very good team. I think we’re every bit as good as the Niners home field is the difference.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No I don't think SF can beat Dallas when Dallas is playing at its best. But that's the trick. Dallas needs to be playing at the highest level to beat SF. If either the offense or defense faults then it's a loss.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No, you are off as to respect. Giving all was by us all. Sacrifice was offered by us all. Respect for all who served in the military and now are dead paid the same element....putting it all on the line. The same goes to law enforcement, ERT's, firemen as to organizations. Not my point...and respect shown you should make you proud as well.

Hey, we all respond and unwind. I have had a lot of journeys as to feelings and anger as well. My first response about your removed post was to bite off your head and pee down the nub. That wasn't needed, and of course not my recourse or direction.

Rangers in Nam were often volunteers from other MOS and just were tired of watching incoming. I never questioned you as to why. I talk directions taken and organizational similarities. Concepts needed on all organizations. The Army is the oldest governmental organization in the Country. It has experienced more and developed on organizational elements than any other bureaucratic organization in America. It has advanced prindipals of organizational maintaining, leadership, mission accomplishment, individual development, and leadership. After exercise analysis was a long established element developed long ago, by our participations.

They are very relevant and not bragging at all.

I turned blue out of Fort Benning, Ga.

I started out first at the Air Force Academy.

I was in the Army for 23 total years and attended 4 NCO Development Schools on MOS and leadership skills. I'm not attempting to look like anything...just giving backgroud as to sources of information for principals that give real reflection as to the sport and organization of the Cowboys. Ever insult a General?

This is for you just to listen to...when we came out of Viet Nam in 1975, we had to remake the entire NCO Corpe. The reason was stabilization of sustaining depth of changes in fighting as well as efficiency in sustaining high imput of people as well as environment for mission, and yes, families also.

We had to literally bump heads who didn't want anything beyond going to the bush and killing. They could not see why Garrison required dedication as well. It is. One has to learn those standards of change and the why's. That was for the good of the service. It wasn't easy, as that occurred at the same time that racial conflict was being removed from opportunity as well. Principals were very important as was loyalty. We all volunteered to give all, but also with base and respected guidelines for all conduct.

We are both veterans as well as Cowboy fans as well...I know football more than at a medelsome level.

You have a Cowboy flag on your car antenae? That doesn't require listening silence.

Beat Buffalo badly...this is a sport.
Yea, winning the 'lottery' does change views...as does the service, for all.