The 4th down throw was behind Brown

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I trust this analysis more than PFF's any day of the week.

He did have a bunch of almosts...but every qb does.

They are just blown way out of proportion when it comes to Dak.

Yeah.. for anyone who watched that game to come at me with "exaggerated" about those near misses boggles the mind. And those three were all on back to back drives and within like 6 minutes of playing time. We all saw those balls hitting the defenders.. So did the coaching staff, which again I think is why the play calling got REAL conservative until that final drive. Cincy clamped down on the run and Rush was struggling but thankfully pulled it together at the end of the game.

P.S. IMHO PFF aint worth the electrons used to post their crap. But kudos to them for carving out a market for themselves.

Reactions: Ken

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.. for anyone who watched that game to come at me with "exaggerated" about those near misses boggles the mind. And those three were all on back to back drives and within like 6 minutes of playing time. We all saw those balls hitting the defenders.. So did the coaching staff, which again I think is why the play calling got REAL conservative until that final drive. Cincy clamped down on the run and Rush was struggling but thankfully pulled it together at the end of the game.

P.S. IMHO PFF aint worth the electrons used to post their crap. But kudos to them for carving out a market for themselves.
Youcan say same about every qb. So people are enthusiastic with rush and disappointed with dak. Big deal.

Ken

Reaction score

Apparently some positional grades are better than others but I have my doubts.

They were brilliant to do this though....the media and the masses eat it up and consider it gospel.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Some Cowboys fans will keep insisting that it's about how much Dak gets paid. But let's not pretend like Dak wasn't still getting picked apart by some fans in 2016 or before he get the big contract. The narrative was that Cooper Rush was way more accurate than Dak ever could be. But Cooper Rush did have a lot of passes in which were off or he at least wasn't a accurate as some tried to claim him to be. He did make good throws, but then some overstate how accurate he was throughout the game, just because they wanted to make him look better than Dak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So what you’re saying is Dak makes the same kinda poor throws as an undrafted free agent QB.

Another great post by RonaldT24

Yeah.. the QB who Dak replaced was an undrafted free agent and Dak has played at about his same level for most of his career. Dak just doesn't throw as many INTs as that other guy did..

Kingofholland

Reaction score
What was arguably the biggest play in the game was really a late throw across the middle that Noah reached back and snatched out of the air.. Then the TD was high and outside and Brown had to climb the ladder a bit to go get it. Yet people have been downright giddy about how Rush "hit receivers in stride" and all that thinly veiled shots at Dak noise. If Dak makes that same throw to Brown all we would have heard was how if he woulda led him he would have had a chance to run after the catch. In reality throwing it behind was absolute the right ball placement because if he leads him Noah probably gets blown up by the safety and maybe even gets the ball dislodged and Cincy has the ball at our 40 yard line. It's probably a very different ballgame then.

The point of this is that you people talkin bout how well Rush threw the ball must have been getting a beer on the 5-6 near INTs he tossed. And why do I mention near INTs? Because people were beside themselves when Dak had a similar total of near misses in a game last season. And if I'm not mistaken we won that game too. This is not to disparage the game Rush had.. He had a nice game as a backup. He managed the game and didn't LOSE it. And made 5-6 throws when he absolutely had to in order to win it. I call that "Eli Manninging." I hope he does it 4-5 more times..

His 1st half was much better than the 2nd half. I'm with you on all the talk about Rush. We tend to set the bar extremely high for certain players and then go full throttle negative on then picking everything apart. On the opposite end we then get ecstatic when we see a backup do something ok and start making claims he's better than the starter.

Gator88

Reaction score
Yeah.. the QB who Dak replaced was an undrafted free agent and Dak has played at about his same level for most of his career. Dak just doesn't throw as many INTs as that other guy did..
:laugh: This has shades of last year. Things like Dak is Dallas' greatest QB since Aikman, and that team was the best since the Super Bowl teams.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many did he throw? Dak's usually good for at least one "near interception" per game, sometimes more. I only saw two by Rush that I recall.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was arguably the biggest play in the game was really a late throw across the middle that Noah reached back and snatched out of the air.. Then the TD was high and outside and Brown had to climb the ladder a bit to go get it. Yet people have been downright giddy about how Rush "hit receivers in stride" and all that thinly veiled shots at Dak noise. If Dak makes that same throw to Brown all we would have heard was how if he woulda led him he would have had a chance to run after the catch. In reality throwing it behind was absolute the right ball placement because if he leads him Noah probably gets blown up by the safety and maybe even gets the ball dislodged and Cincy has the ball at our 40 yard line. It's probably a very different ballgame then.

The point of this is that you people talkin bout how well Rush threw the ball must have been getting a beer on the 5-6 near INTs he tossed. And why do I mention near INTs? Because people were beside themselves when Dak had a similar total of near misses in a game last season. And if I'm not mistaken we won that game too. This is not to disparage the game Rush had.. He had a nice game as a backup. He managed the game and didn't LOSE it. And made 5-6 throws when he absolutely had to in order to win it. I call that "Eli Manninging." I hope he does it 4-5 more times..
desperate-times-calls-for-desperate-measures-jamie-lee-curtis.gif

Now you guys are fearing Rush..........Sad times for the Dak Zombies..... truly sad!

Mannix

Reaction score
There is nothing to be giddy about Rush, other than the guy does not get rattled, and can read defenses....unlike the 40 million dollar man. Those thinking that Rush could EVER be anything but a backup in this league are nuts...he reminds me a lot of The Clapping Carrot....not enough arm strength to ever be a starter.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How many did he throw? Dak's usually good for at least one "near interception" per game, sometimes more. I only saw two by Rush that I recall.

Scroll up.. I posted snapshots of three that hit defenders in the hands.. including one that hit him in the chest. Those were the ones that jumped out at me from the second half. There were also a couple in the first half but I didn't bother to go look for those. That would seem like just piling on at this point.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak is paid $40M and could only muster up 3 pts against TB defense
Rush is paid what, $900K and was way more accurate than Dak was in Week 1
No one's arguing Rush is a better qb than Dak
Rush did not play a perfect game, but he scored the opening TD and closed out the game when we needed to. At the end of the day it was a WIN and that's all that matters
But when you're making $40M you are held to a different standard than an undrafted practice team QB
No one cares about Dak's stats 3-5 years ago. What can you give me now?
krWAicU.png

aikemirv

Reaction score
Part of me is surprised this post has so many responses (good post, btw), but QBs are polarizing - Dak especially - so I guess I shouldn't be. Two QBs can make the exact same throw and it will be interpreted to fit the preconceptions of the individual doing the interpreting. It's human nature.

I'm glad Cooper Clutch pulled it out and, given how the defense is playing and the schedule, think he can definitely do it again the next two weeks. Beyond? We'll see.

It could be agendas or it could just be expectations.

Cooper played better than I expected, Dak played much worse than I expected.....

Winning aside. If Rush does not produce the game winning drive, 3 completed passes by the way, His day is not really anything special other than "better than expected".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
IMO we now have the Defense, the line that can move people, and at least a couple of backs we can feed it to.

This SHOULD be the strategy we employ. It is what won us all of those games in the 90s. It can still work today.

We can't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties though otherwise it doesn't work.

I agree, by being balanced you keep the opposing team off balance. I will say I think Rush will be put to the test, as defense crowd the line and dare him to beat them. Main thing Rush needs to do is stay away from the negative plays

Brax

Reaction score
Why is this quoted post attributed to me?
No idea why that happened was not a reply to you, it was to a MC post. I used my phone for that one no idea why that happened my phone apologizes to you. Have a nice day

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I thought Noah Brown And Cedrick Wilson could both be starting on any team. I’m glad we kept brown

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree, by being balanced you keep the opposing team off balance. I will say I think Rush will be put to the test, as defense crowd the line and dare him to beat them. Main thing Rush needs to do is stay away from the negative plays

I could be wrong but I think that to this point in the season the Cowboys have yet to be flagged for a penalty on a running play. Knocking on my desk as I type this..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No idea why that happened was not a reply to you, it was to a MC post. I used my phone for that one no idea why that happened my phone apologizes to you. Have a nice day

Okay.. I was just curious cause I didn't recall making that post. I mean the ole memory aint what it used to be but that one screamed "not me!" LOL!