The 4th down throw was behind Brown

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak’s passes were way off in that game. It may have had to do with not playing in preseason. I think they are trying to baby him too much.

they took away his strength. That is if he doesn’t feel comfortable that he takes off running. He won’t win it all with just his arm. In the crucial games, you have to let him run the ball.

Agreed I feel we need 250 rush yards from him this year and 5 rushing TD s for us to be competitive .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong about a lot of stuff...

Dak isn't one of them though.
Just when you THINK you ain't wrong....

IN fact it's often when you are MOST sure.

But I get it...you got to hold on to your Dak thing until the bitter end. It's fine.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the issue is Dak can be too conservative at times while Rush lets the ball fly a little more. There is a balance you have to have. Conservative works best when the skill guys are dominating, no need to force a mistake. But it boggs you down when the talent pool isnt so great. But if your forcing too much you end up like winston with 30-30 td-int ratio. But even the op admits the real issue is the amount paid to 1 guy beung grossly overpaid vs the other who can step in and do a similar job. This is on the front office and another example of poorly allocated resources.

foofighters

Reaction score
In no way have I or am I "blindly loving" Prescott, that's just gas lighting. There is no statistical measurement with regard to on the field that factors salary and skill set to use supporting a realistic point. Rush isn't simply a "better fit." Suggesting that a QB puts the team on their shoulders is a myth. We lost vs Tampa because the offense sucked. We beat Cinn as a team.
Yet, Romo did it. How many guys did he make look better than they actually were. Many would argue that TB initially kick started the Patriots against the Falcons in the SB. Absolutely it took the whole team to win just as in our case with Cinn.

Salary/skill set would not be something fans look at but you bet a GM would. You bet there are numbers guys looking at ROI hence the term, Moneyball. Also, you can't say that Rush isn't a better fit...yet. We will know in a few weeks once we have more data available but it is a possibility. You are right though, Cooper could turn out to be awful. Like I said, we will know. The fact still remains is that Dak is going to have to be much better than he was in game 1. Is that him? The mysterious foot/ankle injury? or is it on the coaching because he didn't play a lick in the preseason?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yet, Romo did it. How many guys did he make look better than they actually were. Many would argue that TB initially kick started the Patriots against the Falcons in the SB. Absolutely it took the whole team to win just as in our case with Cinn.

Salary/skill set would not be something fans look at but you bet a GM would. You bet there are numbers guys looking at ROI hence the term, Moneyball. Also, you can't say that Rush isn't a better fit...yet. We will know in a few weeks once we have more data available but it is a possibility. You are right though, Cooper could turn out to be awful. Like I said, we will know. The fact still remains is that Dak is going to have to be much better than he was in game 1. Is that him? The mysterious foot/ankle injury? or is it on the coaching because he didn't play a lick in the preseason?
Another overused talking point "Made them look better" - You can literally say that about any player. And, fans that obsess with salary market trends are silly.
That is all.

foofighters

Reaction score
Another overused talking point "Made them look better" - You can literally say that about any player. And, fans that obsess with salary market trends are silly.
That is all.
Yet, I am still right. I get it, you'd rather use your opinion to supersede mine than actually looking at it. And the day I stop being silly is the day I am 6 feet under. I'd rather laugh and be silly all day versus super serious. You and I used to trounce on the haters back in the old forum. Times have changed.

Off you go...

phildadon86

Reaction score
After recently watching this explanation video by the legit Dak hater, Emmanuel Acho, it's clear who was mostly to blame for Week 1's performance. It was the wonder boy genius calling the O plays.

Interesting. Its amazing when someone who actually played football who hates the Cowboys in general has to explain to our fans the truth.

I think Dak had a horrible game, but as I have said. Moore did him no favours. What is amazing to me. Is there is a certain poster here talking about how its stupid to pick on plays during the game that the Cowboys won because. They won. Yet last season. When Dak had a brutal game against the Chargers that the Cowboys won, he was the first person to say. "we got the W, BUT Dak had a brutal game"

Gotta love it.

fansince68

Reaction score
In a perfect situation you would like your backup quarterback to have somewhat the same skill set as your starter. Rush isn't as mobile as Dak but thank the football gods he's as inaccurate as Dak:laugh:
He he Dak mobile? Dak's mobility decreases with each 40 million dollar paycheck. Dak is stiff as a runner.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm seriously hoping that this was the problem it certainly looked like our number ones could have benefited from some preseason play.

Conversely guys like Rush and
Noah Brown had to play in preseason so we could sit our starters. Possibly why they look like they have such good chemistry together and the number ones look a little flat and disorganized.
I called it throughout preseason. So many in here were saying the starting O would be fine. Now, I hear nothing but crickets...as usual. From my experience, I knew this sitting out all preseason was going to hurt the starting Offense. Sure enough...right on cue.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Interesting. Its amazing when someone who actually played football who hates the Cowboys in general has to explain to our fans the truth.

I think Dak had a horrible game, but as I have said. Moore did him no favours. What is amazing to me. Is there is a certain poster here talking about how its stupid to pick on plays during the game that the Cowboys won because. They won. Yet last season. When Dak had a brutal game against the Chargers that the Cowboys won, he was the first person to say. "we got the W, BUT Dak had a brutal game"

Gotta love it.
Proves to me what I already know...many of the Dak bashers either never played football...or they were not good enough to truly understand what's happening or why. I've decided it's not worth getting into an argument. Truly hope they watch Emmanuel Acho's recent explanation.

kskboys

Reaction score
I called it throughout preseason. So many in here were saying the starting O would be fine. Now, I hear nothing but crickets...as usual. From my experience, I knew this sitting out all preseason was going to hurt the starting Offense. Sure enough...right on cue.
Not playing your starters at all in preseason is dumber'n dirt. That's what preseason is for, to get ready.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Proves to me what I already know...many of the Dak bashers either never played football...or they were not good enough to truly understand what's happening or why. I've decided it's not worth getting into an argument. Truly hope they watch Emmanuel Acho's recent explanation.
That was a great video and I spoke all offseason about how we had to get rid of these penalties and stop making Dak have to be perform constantly behind the chains.

Well not only is it the penalties but some horrible play calling at which point DAk being a seasoned veteran at this point needs to audible out of that ridiculous crap that he knows isn't going to work.

I think Cooper Rush was given the benefit of not having to deal with a lot of trick plays and just run a basic offense which made it easier for him to stay ahead of the chains and not have to bail the team out of impossible down and distant situations.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That was a great video and I spoke all offseason about how we had to get rid of these penalties and stop making Dak have to be perform constantly behind the chains.

Well not only is it the penalties but some horrible play calling at which point DAk being a seasoned veteran at this point needs to audible out of that ridiculous crap that he knows isn't going to work.

I think Cooper Rush was given the benefit of not having to deal with a lot of trick plays and just run a basic offense which made it easier for him to stay ahead of the chains and not have to bail the team out of impossible down and distant situations.
They also stayed very committed to the run game. That helped as well I think.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But of course you hold all the Golden Knowledge. So much so you have your own team and Lombardi strewn around.

Nope....JAG like the rest of us.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But of course you hold all the Golden Knowledge. So much so you have your own team and Lombardi strewn around.

Nope....JAG like the rest of us.
Nope. Acho said exactly what I noticed, but I guess he is a JAG as well since his explanation does fit your agenda?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Never understand these type posts. Rush is a cowboy player who we all should want to play well until the starting qb gets healthy again.

Who cares to compare?

This is it in a nutshell we should want Rush to do well until Dak can come back healthy.

I have no idea why Ronnie would go out of his way to nitpick these throws that we were lucky to get out of a guy that wasn't even on the team a little while ago.

I have no idea why he would cherry pick stats using games where we scored over 50 points on teams playing all backup players.
To try and make Dak look Miles better than Rush . When for whatever reason they are one point apart in their offensive output.

And that's not saying that Dak couldn't blow that out of the water at any point in time.
But in the last nine games which is what is way more relevant than the previous 40.
His offensive output against similar competition is only slightly better than Rush.

So we should be happy for the fact that Rush is saving our season and anxiously anticipate the return of our starter and hope he is at the top of his game when he comes back.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Acho said exactly what I noticed, but I guess he is a JAG as well since his explanation does fit your agenda?
Wait...you found someone you agree with and proves your expertise? LOL....where's your NFL team? Where's the Lombardis?

Nope...still a JAG. It's okay to be Just Another Guy. But, if you want to run around pretending to be the expert to soothe your ego...carry on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is it in a nutshell we should want Rush to do well until Dak can come back healthy.

I have no idea why Ronnie would go out of his way to nitpick these throws that we were lucky to get out of a guy that wasn't even on the team a little while ago.

I have no idea why he would cherry pick stats using games where we scored over 50 points on teams playing all backup players.
To try and make Dak look Miles better than Rush . When for whatever reason they are one point apart in their offensive output.

And that's not saying that Dak couldn't blow that out of the water at any point in time.
But in the last nine games which is what is way more relevant than the previous 40.
His offensive output against similar competition is only slightly better than Rush.

So we should be happy for the fact that Rush is saving our season and anxiously anticipate the return of our starter and hope he is at the top of his game when he comes back.
Ronnie has said this is a vendetta against "dak haters".

I don't like him disparaging Cooper to do that.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

For sure but we have thread after thread of the usual suspects trying to sell Rush as a better QB because the Team won a game with him.....Ronnie didnt say he was not for Rush winning was simply pointing out the bias that goes on here by these individuals....Dak needs to play better than he did in week 1 for sure, but lets not kid ourselves about which QB has the much higher ceiling on this team...Again you want to upgrade the QB position thats fine, dont sell me Rush if you have a healthy Dak it just shows a ridiculous bias.