The 4th down throw was behind Brown

Ken

Reaction score
So I can tell you that your opinion is just that. An opinion.
Just like everyone elses...including twitter "experts" and media "experts".

Usually, they are wrong. I would estimate most of mine are right and often starkly go against the popular "opinion".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Just like everyone elses...including twitter "experts" and media "experts".

Usually, they are wrong. I would estimate most of mine are right and often starkly go against the popular "opinion".
If you say so.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What was arguably the biggest play in the game was really a late throw across the middle that Noah reached back and snatched out of the air.. Then the TD was high and outside and Brown had to climb the ladder a bit to go get it. Yet people have been downright giddy about how Rush "hit receivers in stride" and all that thinly veiled shots at Dak noise. If Dak makes that same throw to Brown all we would have heard was how if he woulda led him he would have had a chance to run after the catch. In reality throwing it behind was absolute the right ball placement because if he leads him Noah probably gets blown up by the safety and maybe even gets the ball dislodged and Cincy has the ball at our 40 yard line. It's probably a very different ballgame then.

The point of this is that you people talkin bout how well Rush threw the ball must have been getting a beer on the 5-6 near INTs he tossed. And why do I mention near INTs? Because people were beside themselves when Dak had a similar total of near misses in a game last season. And if I'm not mistaken we won that game too. This is not to disparage the game Rush had.. He had a nice game as a backup. He managed the game and didn't LOSE it. And made 5-6 throws when he absolutely had to in order to win it. I call that "Eli Manninging." I hope he does it 4-5 more times..

Yeah ... Dak's not so bad after all.

A humiliating defeat to end 2021 was an anomaly. The 15 QBR against the Bucs was an anomaly. And, yeah, OK, Dak has ONE career playoff win in 6 years. And he throws behind receivers, at shoelaces and 16 feet high in to the sidelines.
But he'll change, chaps, I just know he will. If we close our eyes and wish very hard for a turnaround, it'll happen!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It may be necessary for some members to manually turn on the video's audio. If necessary, maximize the video to fullscreen.

1. There is nothing wrong with Romo's analysis.
2. Rush did not throw a great pass but it was a completely catchable pass
3. Brown made a good but not great adjustment on the pass. It was not a great adjustment since the pass, while slightly thrown behind him, was comfortably well-within his catch radius (see freeze frame below).. Both of Brown's elbows were bent, not straight, and securely near his chest.

I believe I read where Romo had an agenda with his analysis. There may be an agenda but Romo is not the culprit.

Good grief people.

7g50KOI.png

shabazz

Reaction score
Every qb inflates their stats against lesser comp. Brady feasted on the afc east for decades. Rodgers got to abuse the bears and lions who have been dumpster fires the majority of his career. Making a claim dak is the only qb is about as braindead as it gets

Very true….but those 2 scrub quarterbacks are 47-22 in the playoffs….kind of where it counts

Daks 1-3 in the playoffs in 7 years…….I think Dak can catch them.

shabazz

Reaction score
It may be necessary for some members to manually turn on the video's audio. If necessary, maximize the video to fullscreen.

3. Brown made a good but not great adjustment on the pass. It was not a great adjustment since the pass, while slightly thrown behind him, was comfortably well-within his catch radius (see freeze frame below).. Both of Brown's elbows were bent, not straight, and securely near his chest.

I believe I read where Romo had an agenda with his analysis. There may be an agenda but Romo is not the culprit.

Good grief people.

7g50KOI.png

Killed it, Truff

kskboys

Reaction score
Minus Fitzpatricks IQ and football acumen.

Fitz is light years ahead between the ears
For different reasons, both are up and down really bad. Fitz's problems are due, nearest I can tell, simply because the game is too fast for him. W/ Dak, he appears unable to read the D quickly enough.

Still, same results.

ChrisL97

Reaction score
Dak is better at some things like throwing the deep ball, but Rush does some things that I haven't seen Dak do in a while. There was a 3rd and 10 pass late in the first quarter that Rush made to Brown that I haven't seen Dak make in a while. With the pocket collapsing, he put a ball 25 yards down the middle on the money. The pocket was collapsing and Rush threw the ball well before Brown made his break. When Brown broke and turned, the ball was on him. Dak waits on guys to get open before he pulls the trigger. That's why you see so many check downs by Dak. He doesn't anticipate well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Good grief people.

7g50KOI.png

Excellent explanation, DE! The pass was not perfectly thrown, but it was within a catchable radius of the receiver. A QB is not going to throw a bullseye throw every time. A WR has to help out once in a while and make those tough but catchable passes. Both Cooper and Noah Brown did their job.

Had it been Dak making that exact throw slightly off target, thus forcing your WR to contort his body back against the direction he is running, 80% of this board would be bashing Dak. Since it was Cooper Rush, you hear nothing but crickets. This is why arguments start because of the double standard against our franchise QB. Anyways, kudos to your explanation.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is better at some things like throwing the deep ball, but Rush does some things that I haven't seen Dak do in a while. There was a 3rd and 10 pass late in the first quarter that Rush made to Brown that I haven't seen Dak make in a while. With the pocket collapsing, he put a ball 25 yards down the middle on the money. The pocket was collapsing and Rush threw the ball well before Brown made his break. When Brown broke and turned, the ball was on him. Dak waits on guys to get open before he pulls the trigger. That's why you see so many check downs by Dak. He doesn't anticipate well.
Dak was doing much better in training camp this summer. He had made a big improvement. Sadly, the new improved Dak did not show up at all during Game 1. I blame that more on McCarthy, Jerry and the coaches for not forcing the 1st string Offense to play during this year's preseason games. The whole Offense was rusty during Game 1.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent explanation, DE! The pass was not perfectly thrown, but it was within a catchable radius of the receiver. A QB is not going to throw a bullseye throw every time. A WR has to help out once in a while and make those tough but catchable passes. Both Cooper and Noah Brown did their job.

Had it been Dak making that exact throw slightly off target, thus forcing your WR to contort his body back against the direction he is running, 80% of this board would be bashing Dak. Since it was Cooper Rush, you hear nothing but crickets. This is why arguments start because of the double standard against our franchise QB. Anyways, kudos to your explanation.
"80% of this board"

Nope. Not tonight. I'm out.

jnday

Reaction score
So I can tell you that your opinion is just that. An opinion.
Are you sure that you want to go down this road,
So Dak has only had one bad game ? I’ll have some of what you and Jerry are smoking. However, it’s true that he is our qb1 until after 2023 anyway and his being 11th highest paid could be worse for sure.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak was doing much better in training camp this summer. He had made a big improvement. Sadly, the new improved Dak did not show up at all during Game 1. I blame that more on McCarthy, Jerry and the coaches for not forcing the 1st string Offense to play during this year's preseason games. The whole Offense was rusty during Game 1.
After recently watching this explanation video by the legit Dak hater, Emmanuel Acho, it's clear who was mostly to blame for Week 1's performance. It was the wonder boy genius calling the O plays.

Blackrain

Reaction score

I'm seriously hoping that this was the problem it certainly looked like our number ones could have benefited from some preseason play.

Conversely guys like Rush and
Noah Brown had to play in preseason so we could sit our starters. Possibly why they look like they have such good chemistry together and the number ones look a little flat and disorganized.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Dak’s passes were way off in that game. It may have had to do with not playing in preseason. I think they are trying to baby him too much.

they took away his strength. That is if he doesn’t feel comfortable that he takes off running. He won’t win it all with just his arm. In the crucial games, you have to let him run the ball.