The 4th down throw was behind Brown

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not to my liking? The pass was completed which automatically made it to my liking.. You missed the point.. well.. that's probably giving you too much credit.. You know exactly what the point was.. you're just playing troll... which is what trolls do.. Enjoy..
The pay gap between Dak and Rush is much greater than the talent gap between them.

That's the problem us Cowboys fans have with the situation.

Dak is supposed to set himself apart and he just doesn't. There's not enough of a difference.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm spitting their own words back into their faces and they don't like it.. which I find absolutely delightful.

That's fine Ronnie but you need to remember one thing. The sample size people are using to discuss Dak's flaws and tendencies is much larger. Games: 86 to 2. Pass attempts: 2918 to 94. You couldn't even call Rush's a "trend" yet.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
The in stride situations are when the wide receiver is wide open and running free, and Dak throws the ball behind the receiver. Not talking about throwing to a guy in traffic with defenders right there, although Dak doesn't do that well either - (see the end of Dez's career).

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So if its no conspiracy and both QB's are by your admission BOTH wayward, how come the receivers appeared to make the catches on Sunday?

Tellya what.. go look up Dak's career completion percentage and compare it to Rush's. Hint: Dak's is much higher.. So the receivers "appear" to make the catches most Sundays when Dak plays too.. In fact they do so at a considerably higher clip. Dak and the whole offense (except for Zeke) played like crap against the Bucs. Nobody is hiding from that. But no sane person thinks the offense, including Dak, was going to continue to play at that level. Like I said, I'm glad Rush played okay and I'm glad we won.. What I don't like is the troll-element disparaging Dak because Rush won a game with a pretty pedestrian performance overall. But that's just part of the meal on this site.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Here is the point for the Dak cult: Nobody really thinks Rush is better than Dak. Rush got cut a few weeks ago and not one NFL FO put in a claim. The problem is it's a salary cap sport. Like Simms said there isn't that big a drop off between the two QBs particularly with the regression Dak has shown since last Nov. It's not Rush is better, it is he not that much worse. Huge problem when one player takes takes up 20% of the salary cap. All the apology threads like this are going to fall on deaf ears until Dak does something to justify what he is making, like carrying the team or going on a playoff run.
Great post says it all

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here is the point for the Dak cult: Nobody really thinks Rush is better than Dak. Rush got cut a few weeks ago and not one NFL FO put in a claim. The problem is it's a salary cap sport. Like Simms said there isn't that big a drop off between the two QBs particularly with the regression Dak has shown since last Nov. It's not Rush is better, it is he not that much worse. Huge problem when one player takes takes up 20% of the salary cap. All the apology threads like this are going to fall on deaf ears until Dak does something to justify what he is making, like carrying the team or going on a playoff run.
"It's not that Rush is better, it's that he is not much worse".

Boom! You hit the nail on the head, friend.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The in stride situations are when the wide receiver is wide open and running free, and Dak throws the ball behind the receiver. Not talking about throwing to a guy in traffic with defenders right there, although Dak doesn't do that well either - (see the end of Dez's career).

Here is the view just before the ball was thrown.. What defenders are "right there?" The safety is 10 yards back over the top and the linebacker is moving laterally. If the ball is thrown 2-3 yards further upfield and out in front of Brown it might be a TD.

The closest defender to Brown is the SS 7 yards away who is running up towards Schultz. The linebacker is 10 yards away as is the FS. That is the definition of "wide open and running free."

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tellya what.. go look up Dak's career completion percentage and compare it to Rush's. Hint: Dak's is much higher.. So the receivers "appear" to make the catches most Sundays when Dak plays too.. In fact they do so at a considerably higher clip. Dak and the whole offense (except for Zeke) played like crap against the Bucs. Nobody is hiding from that. But no sane person thinks the offense, including Dak, was going to continue to play at that level. Like I said, I'm glad Rush played okay and I'm glad we won.. What I don't like is the troll-element disparaging Dak because Rush won a game with a pretty pedestrian performance overall. But that's just part of the meal on this site.
Giving praise to the backup QB for playing much better than you all expected him to is not disparaging to Dak. That's just your emotions getting in the way. How come when Dak makes a poor throw you guys go out of your way to find a reason for it (he was pressured, the receiver's fault, the OC's fault) but you're not doing that here for the bad passes from Rush? Hmmm...

Dak's last 2 games are disparaging to Dak.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry at what point have I disparaged Rush.. He put in solid work.. He didn't commit any turnovers.. though he tried really hard there for about 3 series.. He drove the bus and made 5-6 throws that were needed to win the game. In short he did exactly what you want your backup to do and the defense picked him up.. This thread is about the geniuses starting all the "keep Rush in there, he's better than Dak" threads.. not about Rush at all. I'm spitting their own words back into their faces and they don't like it.. which I find absolutely delightful.
Its my opinion....the call out crusade threads make one no better than them. Its not about football at that point but one upmanship. Which we have too much of already.

The those should have been interception comments...and seemingly exaggerated....is problematic to your explanation. Disparaging....assumptions.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This x10

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well you can start with the fact that he can make MORE of those throws more consistently and he operates the offense at a much higher level. Cooper Rush has two starts and the offense has scored 20 points in both of them. Dak has had the offense averaging over 30 ppg over his last 20+ starts. I'm no football genius but I think you win more games averaging 30 than you do averaging 20. But maybe I'm wrong. But remember that two year stretch when the Cowboys didn't win a single game in which they failed to score 30 points? How many of those would they have won scoring 20?

I know it's tough math but you can do it.. I got faith in ya.
You hurtin they heads lol

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not to my liking? The pass was completed which automatically made it to my liking.. You missed the point.. well.. that's probably giving you too much credit.. You know exactly what the point was.. you're just playing troll... which is what trolls do.. Enjoy..
This thread is quite troll like.

Look i like ya ronnie.....just sayin. Dont slip to their level.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Heres the point to the uneducated. Dak is currently the 8th highest paid qb in the league and by next season might be out of the top 10. Stop crying about the money its dumb.

Hes still a top 10 qb

Reactions: Ken

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah that was kinda part of my overarching point. These idiots do it ALL THE TIME with Dak. The guy completed 68% of his passes last season but these idiots still complain that he "not accurate." I mean can you imagine if he were actually accurate? He'd complete 85-90% of his passes!
It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen two different posters claim that Rush's passes were "crisp". Holy Larry, that's just so grossly inaccurate. Why do people use terms such as that when they don't fit? Same thing here, claiming Dak is inaccurate when the facts do not support it.

One guy even claimed Rush has a stronger arm than Dak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people say such stuff?

Ken

Reaction score
The pay gap between Dak and Rush is much greater than the talent gap between them.

That's the problem us Cowboys fans have with the situation.

Dak is supposed to set himself apart and he just doesn't. There's not enough of a difference.
Did you miss 2020?

Dak was throwing for 400 a game on pace for an NFL record...offense was averaging 32 points per game. This while the defense was horrific.

Then we dropped to an average of 21 ppg and around half the passing yards, while the defense actually started playing much better.

Nope...no drop off at all.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Did you miss 2020?

Dak was throwing for 400 a game on pace for an NFL record...offense was averaging 32 points per game. This while the defense was horrific.

Then we dropped to an average of 21 ppg and around half the passing yards, while the defense actually started playing much better.

We were 1-3 with Dak before the injury, Ken.

The Andy Dalton led Cowboys won in 2020 at a higher pace than the Dak Prescott led Cowboys in 2020.

I don't care about the stats like you do.

JUST WIN.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Well said. Nobody cares about 2016 anymore. Nobody cares that you were a 4th round pick. You are the 40 million dollar man. You are supposed to be the single biggest reason we win. It is a team game and we will lose games that he could not have prevented. Go out and finish the year as a top 5 rated QB and I will support you win or lose. Play like you did week 1 and you will get the criticism you deserve.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did you miss 2020?

In fairness I do think Dallas ran the ball more with Rush and frankly with this current team and lack of WR and a very good defense, I think the game planned used by Dallas with Rush at QB would be wise to continue to use this plan when Dak comes back. Has nothing to do with who is better anyone with an ounce of sense knows Dak is overall better but if you are running the ball more than chances of putting up 400 yards passing and avg 30 points a game would drop. For me the object of the game is winning not stats.

Reactions: Ken