The 4th down throw was behind Brown

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Tellya what.. go look up Dak's career completion percentage and compare it to Rush's. Hint: Dak's is much higher.. So the receivers "appear" to make the catches most Sundays when Dak plays too.. In fact they do so at a considerably higher clip. Dak and the whole offense (except for Zeke) played like crap against the Bucs. Nobody is hiding from that. But no sane person thinks the offense, including Dak, was going to continue to play at that level. Like I said, I'm glad Rush played okay and I'm glad we won.. What I don't like is the troll-element disparaging Dak because Rush won a game with a pretty pedestrian performance overall. But that's just part of the meal on this site.
If you compare the Bucc's and Bengals games fans are rightly angry with fans who repeatedly have excuses for Dak when the Offense stalled.

You are always getting anti Dak trolls, but the vast majority of us have seen a non-Dak Cowboys and have to accept that a way inferior QB was able to get things moving..
As the Jimmie Ward quote and Denver Blueprint indicate, the league has worked Dak out, the ball is in his court, let's hope he can elevate his game.
....personally I don't think he's confident in making anything other than the safest (curl route) catches, I think (as said many times before) I think he's got the QB equivalent of the yips in darts

RS12

Reaction score
Heres the point to the uneducated. Dak is currently the 8th highest paid qb in the league and by next season might be out of the top 10. Stop crying about the money its dumb.

Hes still a top 10 qb
If it were only about Jerry's money I wish he would bankrupt the old fart. It's about how limited resources could be much better spent in a sport with a cap. And stop with the top 10 QB stuff it doesn't matter if your play isn't good enough.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen two different posters claim that Rush's passes were "crisp". Holy Larry, that's just so grossly inaccurate. Why do people use terms such as that when they don't fit? Same thing here, claiming Dak is inaccurate when the facts do not support it.

One guy even claimed Rush has a stronger arm than Dak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people say such stuff?
You neglected to mention....i said you were right....i overstated my case.

Very disingenuous. Noted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In fairness I do think Dallas ran the ball more with Rush and frankly with this current team and lack of WR and a very good defense, I think the game planned used by Dallas with Rush at QB would be wise to continue to use this plan when Dak comes back. Has nothing to do with who is better anyone with an ounce of sense knows Dak is overall better but if you are running the ball more than chances of putting up 400 yards passing and avg 30 points a game would drop. For me the object of the game is winning not stats.
How do we not know that is the game plans Moore has and Dak well..... goes and be's Dak instead...

Yes, the QB known for not being able to read a defense well at all is out here calling out of 12 run plays based on what he sees.

You guys can't just keep blaming Moore all the time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well said. Nobody cares about 2016 anymore. Nobody cares that you were a 4th round pick. You are the 40 million dollar man. You are supposed to be the single biggest reason we win. It is a team game and we will lose games that he could not have prevented. Go out and finish the year as a top 5 rated QB and I will support you win or lose. Play like you did week 1 and you will get the criticism you deserve.
Ppl gotta get over week 1 already. They have the money to sign players daks money is not stopping them. They are just cheap

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If it were only about Jerry's money I wish he would bankrupt the old fart. It's about how limited resources could be much better spent in a sport with a cap. And stop with the top 10 QB stuff it doesn't matter if your play isn't good enough.
We have the money to sign anyone we want they just dont. Thats not on dak. We could have kept amari with no cap problems

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Here is the point for the Dak cult: Nobody really thinks Rush is better than Dak. Rush got cut a few weeks ago and not one NFL FO put in a claim. The problem is it's a salary cap sport. Like Simms said there isn't that big a drop off between the two QBs particularly with the regression Dak has shown since last Nov. It's not Rush is better, it is he not that much worse. Huge problem when one player takes takes up 20% of the salary cap. All the apology threads like this are going to fall on deaf ears until Dak does something to justify what he is making, like carrying the team or going on a playoff run.

Here's the point for that anti-Dak cult: The guy who has led the team to 20 points in both his starts is nowhere near as good as the guy who has only FAILED to exceed 20 points in 8 of his last 40 starts.. and has topped 30 points in 24 of them. One guy gets you 20 points in 100% of his starts.. the other guy gets you 30 points in 60% of his. Sorry but that is absolutely worth the money. Remember when you idiots giddily proclaimed that Andy Dalton was going to "take the offense to the next level" when Dak went down in 2020? Because Dalton was a "real quarterback." And the offense promptly started scoring 20 points per game less.. I'm glad threads like this make your ilk mad..

P.S. Dak's cap hit is 19 million this year.. Since the cap is 210 million.... well I'll let you work out that math on your own.. It'll be good mental exercise for ya..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Here's the point for that anti-Dak cult: The guy who has led the team to 20 points in both his starts is nowhere near as good as the guy who has only FAILED to exceed 20 points in 8 of his last 40 starts.. and has topped 30 points in 24 of them. One guy gets you 20 points in 100% of his starts.. the other guy gets you 30 points in 60% of his. Sorry but that is absolutely worth the money. Remember when you idiots giddily proclaimed that Andy Dalton was going to "take the offense to the next level" when Dak went down in 2020? Because Dalton was a "real quarterback." And the offense promptly started scoring 20 points per game less.. I'm glad threads like this make your ilk mad..

P.S. Dak's cap hit is 19 million this year.. Since the cap is 210 million.... well I'll let you work out that math on your own.. It'll be good mental exercise for ya..
Southern education for most of them. They not gonna get back to u for a while

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How do we not know that is the game plans Moore has and Dak well..... goes and be's Dak instead...

Yes, the QB known for not being able to read a defense well at all is out here calling out of 12 run plays based on what he sees.

You guys can't just keep blaming Moore all the time.

I'm not blaming Moore, even though he took heat last week including a bit from HC McCarthy. Believe me I am not one of Moore's haters. However what I saw in this past game, plan wise was different. Having said that I fully expect other teams look at the tape and make changes, like forcing Rush to beat them. I suspect teams now will look to crowd the line of scrimmage and say if you are going to beat us it will be with Rush throwing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Moore, even though he took heat last week including a bit from HC McCarthy. Believe me I am not one of Moore's haters. However what I saw in this past game, plan wise was different. Having said that I fully expect other teams look at the tape and make changes, like forcing Rush to beat them. I suspect teams now will look to crowd the line of scrimmage and say if you are going to beat us it will be with Rush throwing.
I don't know about you, but it's concerning that our QB that is not known for being good at reading a defense is calling out of almost half the run plays. Yes, this was from a year ago, but just how often does Dak do this?

Maybe Rush just reads things better than Dak. That's 100% possible. Dak might get fooled easily and audible out of a good play set up.

I think teams game plans were already geared towards forcing Rush to beat them. If that's not the game plan then the DC for that team should be fired.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen two different posters claim that Rush's passes were "crisp". Holy Larry, that's just so grossly inaccurate. Why do people use terms such as that when they don't fit? Same thing here, claiming Dak is inaccurate when the facts do not support it.

One guy even claimed Rush has a stronger arm than Dak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people say such stuff?
Nope, but Rush puts the ball in front on the slant running receiver....which ,for me, is Dak's real achillies heel

Sydla

Reaction score
Heres the point to the uneducated. Dak is currently the 8th highest paid qb in the league and by next season might be out of the top 10. Stop crying about the money its dumb.

Hes still a top 10 qb

Ehhhh, he had better be better than he was Week 1 to be considered a Top 10 QB.

I am beginning to worry we may have seen the best of Dak.

RS12

Reaction score

Since you are so big on stats why don't give us the blow by blow on the stats from the SF and TB games and not make it everybody else's fault. Here's a hint competent DCs figured out a while back that if they had a good base defense, number 4 could not beat them from the pocket. But I am sure you will go back and comfort yourself in the faux stats from against the other NFC east paper tigers games.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
You neglected to mention....i said you were right....i overstated my case.

Very disingenuous. Noted.
What are you talking about? I wasn't even quoting you!!!!!!!!!

What's this Disingenuous thing, and why did you think an attempted insult was necessary?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but it's concerning that our QB that is not known for being good at reading a defense is calling out of almost half the run plays. Yes, this was from a year ago, but just how often does Dak do this?

Maybe Rush just reads things better than Dak. That's 100% possible. Dak might get fooled easily and audible out of a good play set up.

I think teams game plans were already geared towards forcing Rush to beat them. If that's not the game plan then the DC for that team should be fired.

You don't have a clue about Dak ability to read defense. I'm not getting into these conversation with you. I know you can't stand the guy fine but I am sick and tired of coming here and having the same debate with you. You have your views and I have mine and this crap is getting old.

RS12

Reaction score
We have the money to sign anyone we want they just dont. Thats not on dak. We could have kept amari with no cap problems
Not really. Stevie is going to continually kick the can down the road to overcome the contract mistake. Here is the point; take half the money being spent on average QB play and spend it in either or both of the trenches and this team is miles ahead.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Its my opinion....the call out crusade threads make one no better than them. Its not about football at that point but one upmanship. Which we have too much of already.

The those should have been interception comments...and seemingly exaggerated....is problematic to your explanation. Disparaging....assumptions.

No they were not exaggerated nor assumptions. On the last series of the third quarter he had two balls hit defenders in the hands..

This pass in the flat completely missed Pollard and the DB dove for it and almost came up with it.. If he was a receiver he probably makes the catch:

Then later in the drive this one hits the defender in the gut.. Frankly he had no excuse for dropping it..

Then this one goes right through the defender's hands .. again an offensive player catches this:

Not disparaging.. Not exaggerating. Simply stating facts.. Three balls that hit defenders' hands. Which frankly I think was what led to some of the really conservative play calling for a stretch there. They could sense that Rush was off and just tried to survive..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak and Zeke are his guys it seems and that's fine, everyone has their favorites, but why try and discredit the guy playing in their place?

It's almost like they would rather lose with them instead of win without them.
Well, TBH, that works from both sides of the Dak fence.