The Best High School Athlete?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Hostile;2324331 said:
That isn't even as high Hall's career average.

But what happened to him? The fact that he did nothing beyond HS would suggest that he wasn't the best HS athlete. Maybe the most dominant relative to his competition, but not the best.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Hostile;2324343 said:
I did know it was a joke. I am 44 and never watched one episode of the Bundy Show (can't think of the real name).

Ever heard of passing along interesting or amazing stats as facts? That's all I was doing.
married with children right?

jcollins28

Reaction score
Hostile;2324343 said:
I did know it was a joke. I am 44 and never watched one episode of the Bundy Show (can't think of the real name).

Ever heard of passing along interesting or amazing stats as facts? That's all I was doing.

Nothing wrong with passing along stats, it just seemed like a weird comeback to something that was off color. BTW you have never seen one episode of "Married With Children"? Comedy not your bag or just not that "kind" of comedy?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2324343 said:

You never watched that show???? Oh man - you have some living to do. Great show. Classic if I do say so myself.

jcollins28

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324353 said:
But what happened to him? The fact that he did nothing beyond HS would suggest that he wasn't the best HS athlete. Maybe the most dominant relative to his competition, but not the best.

That's the problem with trying to compare a best high school athlete. What's the population of Sugarland, TX? This kid was a big fish in a small pond.

tayloner

Reaction score
Carson Palmer - Cincinatti Bengals
Chris Rix - Florida State
Brian Finneran - Atlanta Falcons
Mark Sanchez - USC (Transferred from my HS actually, so he doesn't really count)

The best high school football game I ever watched was Carson Palmer playing for Santa Margarita Catholc High School against DeShaun Foster and his Tustin High School. DeShaun Foster ran for nearly 400 yards and 6 touchdowns, but Carson Palmer threw for 419 and 5 touchdowns and his team edged out DeShaun's 55-42 for the CIF Championship. This was right before Carson was heading off to USC and DeShaun was going to UCLA, and it was billed as the first of many head to head battles for them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2324353 said:
Bear Bryant ruined him. He was never the same.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2324360 said:
married with children right?
That's it.

jcollins28;2324374 said:
Nothing wrong with passing along stats, it just seemed like a weird comeback to something that was off color. BTW you have never seen one episode of "Married With Children"? Comedy not your bag or just not that "kind" of comedy?
I never did. I have never watched an episode of the Simpson's either.

Sarge;2324381 said:
You never watched that show???? Oh man - you have some living to do. Great show. Classic if I do say so myself.
It is that type of comedy I don't enjoy. So I doubt I will ever check it out.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jcollins28;2324382 said:
That's the problem with trying to compare a best high school athlete. What's the population of Sugarland, TX? This kid was a big fish in a small pond.
Sugarland is a suburb of Houston. So more likely he played relatively top competition for the area.

Shady12

Reaction score
aardvark;2324286 said:
As far as my hometown...

Our cross town rivals Cooper High produced Dominic Rhodes RB for the Colts. I watched Dominic and the Cooper Cougars in the Texas 5-A state championship battle Drew Brees for the state title and Drew Brees' Austin Westlake High won in Texas Stadium.

I got to play against Rhodes in 1995.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score

couchscout

Reaction score
*hangs head in shame*

Probably the best athelete to come out of my school is Jia Perkins who plays in the WNBA currently...I think with the San Antonio franchise. She was absolutely amazing in high school, I believe she still holds the national record for steals in a season.

Her father, Johnny Perkins played RB for the Giants in the 60's I believe, but I don't really think he was anything special.

Other than that we had some kids get div 1 scholarships to non football schools like Army, and Kentucky.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Arlington James Bowie Highschool:

Vernon Wells (Baseball)
Jeremy Flowers (Ex Safety for the Arkansas Razorbacks)
Sherrod Harris (UT-Austin-Football)
Jamie Winborn (Denver Broncos Linebacker) - Transfered to Alabama Highschool after his Sophmore year at Bowie.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Ron Cox(Played football and basketball with one of my uncles).

DeShawn Stevenson(NBA straight outta high school).

Matt Garza(Pitching for the Rays right now....one year older than him, played on several teams with him, including a traveling allstar baseball team).

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Joe Rose who was a TE with the Miami Dolphins. We also had a major league baseball umpire, but I can't remember his name. He was sort of heavy set, but then a lot of them were.

Temo

Reaction score
Dedrick Dodge, safety for eight NFL seasons, from 1991-1998.
Josh Miller, punter for multiple teams over the years (won super bowl with Pats).
And probably the best/most famous one:
Heather O'Reilly, Olympic gold medalist in soccer.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Humble High School, Humble Texas

Bertrand Berry

David Boston

David Givens

Jackie Battle

Sammy Davis

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I want to say Sugar Land was 4A back then?... Fifty years ago it wasn't quite part of the mass of Houston that it is now.

And I should go correct that Wiki on Hall. There is no quarterback in the single wing. He'd have been a tailback. ;)