Video: The best Romo tribute

Big_D

Reaction score
Troy was great, but there was a fundamental difference between the teams he played on compared to the teams Romo played on. Hard to compare with such an uneven playing field.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Troy was great, but there was a fundamental difference between the teams he played on compared to the teams Romo played on. Hard to compare with such an uneven playing field.

Aikman's an all-time great Cowboy obviously. But when he had similar obstacles as Romo after 1996 (decline in coaching & supporting talent) he lost a bunch of games and got concussed out of football.

Are we acting like it's a coincidence that Aikman got his titles when he had peak Smith and Irvin and an elite OL and an elite defense? That Jimmy Johnson and the clapper are interchangeable?

Romo failed to overcome what Aikman didn't have to from 1992-1996, and for that Cowboys fans will never stop hating him. At least he seems to have a healthy attitude about it.

Blake

Reaction score
Here's another historical fact for you troll, Aikman had 17 career interceptions in the playoffs... Romo had 2. Last I checked, playoffs were "big games".

Now get to work on those goalposts, troll... they're not going to move themselves.

You so desperately want Romo to be Joe Montana. I get it. But, he's more like a slightly more talented Rudy as far as the NFL is concerned.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You so desperately want Romo to be Joe Montana. I get it. But, he's more like a slightly more talented Rudy as far as the NFL is concerned.
At least try to come back with something that has to do with football after you've been so thoroughly owned, troll. You can just PM me the boring jokes. I promise to let you know if you accidentally come up with something funny.

Big_D

Reaction score
Aikman's an all-time great Cowboy obviously. But when he had similar obstacles as Romo after 1996 (decline in coaching & supporting talent) he lost a bunch of games and got concussed out of football.

Are we acting like it's a coincidence that Aikman got his titles when he had peak Smith and Irvin and an elite OL and an elite defense? That Jimmy Johnson and the clapper are interchangeable?

Romo failed to overcome what Aikman didn't have to from 1992-1996, and for that Cowboys fans will never stop hating him. At least he seems to have a healthy attitude about it.

That was my point exactly. Troy at his peak had coaching, defense, emmitt, etc and that list was consistent. All things that were very much lacking during the Romo era which was consistently a one dimensional football team.

Blake

Reaction score
At least try to come back with something that has to do with football after you've been so thoroughly owned, troll. You can just PM me the boring jokes. I promise to let you know if you accidentally come up with something funny.

History settles the debate. You take solace in the glorified achievements of underachievers because it probably helps you cope with your own failures in life. The rest of us like winners.

Aikman was a winner. Romo was a choke artist.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Answer the question: do you seriously think the 2006-2014 Cowboys were in any sense comparable to the 1992-1996 Cowboys in terms of talent or coaching?

Do these things matter, or do you see quarterbacks as magical win generators that do everything by themselves?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
History settles the debate. You take solace in the glorified achievements of underachievers because it probably helps you cope with your own failures in life. The rest of us like winners.

Aikman was a winner. Romo was a choke artist.
Yes, move those goal posts. It's what you do.

Do you still want to see the video with all of Troy's interceptions in "big games" troll?

Big_D

Reaction score
Answer the question: do you seriously think the 2006-2014 Cowboys were in any sense comparable to the 1992-1996 Cowboys in terms of talent or coaching?

Do these things matter, or do you see quarterbacks as magical win generators that do everything by themselves?

I'll always defend Romo who had to endure the most clueless front office in all of sports. from trades to coaching hires to drafts to free agency, none of it helped Romo over the long term. Then people want to try to compare him to some of the greats. Who all had the benefit of quality coaching and smart management.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I just showed you a QB who routinely threw interceptions in key moments of big games. Troy certainly never did that.

In the 1995 NFCCG Aikman threw 3 picks, that seems like a pretty big game to me?

In his last 4 playoff games he threw 2 TDs and 8 picks. I'm sure those seemed like "key moments of big games" at the time.

You have an infant's understanding of the sport lmao. Maybe you should start watching a sport with fewer moving parts.

DFWJC

Reaction score
In the 1995 AFCCG Aikman threw 3 picks, that seems like a pretty big game to me?

In his last 4 playoff games he threw 2 TDs and 8 picks. I'm sure those seemed like "key moments of big games" at the time.

You have an infant's understanding of the sport lmao. Maybe you should start watching a sport with fewer moving parts.
:hammer:
I'll never bash Troy, but people have selective memory

sean10mm

Reaction score
It always gets me how people drift into childish ways of thinking when the topic is sports. Aikman was a slam-dunk Hall of Famer, but in his prime he played for an all-time great organization from Jimmy on down, and when it got worse he stopped winning titles. It's not a knock on him, just a recognition that Aikman wasn't the Cowboys all by himself. He would tell you as much himself.

We don't know if Romo would win a title as part of an elite organization. We don't know because we DO know he was NEVER a part of one.

jsb357

Reaction score
LA fans and New England fans are getting ready for their teams to match up in the biggest game of the year.

Dallas fans are watching Romo clips on Utube.

Thanks Jerry.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LA fans and New England fans are getting ready for their teams to match up in the biggest game of the year.

Dallas fans are watching Romo clips on Utube.

Thanks Jerry.
:laugh:....….….…...:oops:

Blake

Reaction score
Yes, move those goal posts. It's what you do.

Do you still want to see the video with all of Troy's interceptions in "big games" troll?

As long as yoy can likewise produce a video of Romo winning Superbowl MVP. I'll wait..:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who's the boss?
gdeZUHh.jpg

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
She could be my boss anytime.