The Big If Is Scaring The Heck Out of Me

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have wondered about that connection as well. He really irritated me with his chippiness whenever we played them. I don't think he's a great guard by any means but as you said he does have power & aggressiveness which this team could use.

It aggravated me too. He wanted to start a fight quite often. But now think we can use some of that 'fight' as I think ours has morphed into a finesse offensive line living off of past reputation. One thing I feel confident in is that teams won't be running OVER Hernandez the way they did to Williams and McGovern.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The painful truth. The rams are playing in their second SB in 4 seasons while everyone says, “yeah but they are about to be in cap hell”….while we watch them play for a another championship.

This after 'flipping the script' on a former #1 overall pick and huge money contract.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Once again the National Communist League with the free agent rules will destroy my favorite team.

The irony of calling free agency rules communist when they more accurately represent our free market economy than the indentured servitude you hope for. Lol.

If Texas ever does secede, I'd heartily support that with Florida as a free throw-in.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I really don't care anymore. He's going to run the team the way he wants to and it doesn't matter who we sign, what head coach we hire, or who we draft. Is simply does not matter because he's going to screw things up. I've had enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it didn’t help him having his best year that year either. Having said that it’s unfortunate he makes so much as he really is a good player.

Lawrence definitely saved his best for his contract year(s).

But yes, he really is a good player. The problem comes from the fact that he's being paid to be a great player.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It aggravated me too. He wanted to start a fight quite often. But now think we can use some of that 'fight' as I think ours has morphed into a finesse offensive line living off of past reputation. One thing I feel confident in is that teams won't be running OVER Hernandez the way they did to Williams and McGovern.

Agreed on Williams. I didn't see McG getting pushed around but that's a different discussion.

Hernandez isn't a pulling guard which would mean the coaching staff would have to accept a change to run scheme. So, I doubt it happens ... cause they aren't big on adapting.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The painful truth. The rams are playing in their second SB in 4 seasons while everyone says, “yeah but they are about to be in cap hell”….while we watch them play for a another championship.

At some point the piper will come due. But for now, they are putting good coaching together with good talent evaluation and if they pull off a championship it's hard to say it wasn't worth it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed on Williams. I didn't see McG getting pushed around but that's a different discussion.

I saw what the team was worried about with McGovern at left guard. He looked unsure of himself and timid. He looks like a different guy on the right side, but that spot is taken.

Hernandez isn't a pulling guard which would mean the coaching staff would have to accept a change to run scheme. So, I doubt it happens ... cause they aren't big on adapting.

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Sturdy guard with NFL starter size and overall body strength. Counter moves don't phase him, and he possesses a heavy anchor. Adequate mobility to the second level. No major flaws in his game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/player-blurb-will-hernandez-g-utep/

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At some point the piper will come due. But for now, they are putting good coaching together with good talent evaluation and if they pull off a championship it's hard to say it wasn't worth it.
The rams have traded away a ton of draft picks and spent a fortune in FA. Who wouldn’t trade places with them for a shot at a SB? Yes the piper comes but it’s easier to face that with a fat SB ring on your finger.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I saw what the team was worried about with McGovern at left guard. He looked unsure of himself and timid. He looks like a different guy on the right side, but that spot is taken.

I agree he didn't look as good on the left. Not sure why.

Assuming CMcG can't get more comfortable at LG and that you don't bring someone in, I would move ZM to left guard & play McG at RG.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If the Cowboys release DLAW for cap purposes, he will have a choice of any team in the league. We will be the real losers, as we do not have anyone to replace him. Dorrance Armstrong may also bolt and we will be left with some mediocre free agent or worse, a green rookie.

Retaining Armstrong is important if DLAW will be released, as he finally showed the talent and performance this year that made him initially a wise draft choice. He probably will be a better LDE replacement than anyone we draft or sign as a free agent.

Gregory will also have to be resigned, but a team with lots of cap room can just overpay him and he will also bolt. Do we then have for DE only Chauncey Golston and the small sized Bardley Anae?

If we lose two DE's to free agencies or a combo of a DLAW release and 1-2 free agent DE's leaving, we will be stripped bare to the bone, as bad as we were going into the 2005 draft, when Parcels drafted DWARE, Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Jay Ratliff and 3nd round LB K Burnett, Marion Barber.

Stripped so bare, we will not be able to target positions of need in the draft, a center and a guard/tackle for the OL, a LB, a TE if Schultz leaves, another WR if Wilson or Malik Turner leave, or if Coop is cut to find salary cap money.

Once again the National Communist League with the free agent rules will destroy my favorite team. The Jones have an inability to manage the cap, as they overpay too many people.

The Jones crew better be very aggressive in retaining our own free agents early on during the free agency period, or we will be completely taken to the cleaners, wiped out, especially on defense. Promise them some off-the table business opportunities. Get them multi-million endordement deals they do not have now. Hook up the free agents with some big corporations whose exectives' egos would love to have a Cowboy on its board.

Now is the time to move hard and swiftly.
We functioned 80% of the year without him just fine.

shabazz

Reaction score
You have to understand how delusional this fan base is with our defensive linemen.

They're about to battle panic attacks when 16.5 sacks and 19 TFLs in 7 years becomes free to sign with any team.

…….and it will be a relief if we wind up facing him in the playoffs. No need to game plan for him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree he didn't look as good on the left. Not sure why.

Assuming CMcG can't get more comfortable at LG and that you don't bring someone in, I would move ZM to left guard & play McG at RG.

I would disagree. I'm not messing with the best in the business in Zack Martin just to force McGovern onto the field for one season before he becomes a free agent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The players that are leaving shouldn’t be scared. Just ask Hitchens and Awuzie. Before them there was Ware.

We shouldn’t be scared, we should be used to this by now. The team is in the very incapable hands of Booger & Son Mismanagement, Inc.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The rams have traded away a ton of draft picks and spent a fortune in FA. Who wouldn’t trade places with them for a shot at a SB? Yes the piper comes but it’s easier to face that with a fat SB ring on your finger.

I agree. I would rather load up and take a shot for a year or two rather than to spend decades riding on the Jones boys' hamster wheel of mediocrity and disappointment. It seems like they always make a few small moves or signings to keep their own, thinking that they're just one move or player away, but that hasn't worked for years now. The Rams have made the tough decisions, allowing top players to leave or trading some away, and aren't afraid of making bold moves and wholesale changes. That's never been a Jones trait.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I would rather load up and take a shot for a year or two rather than to spend decades riding on the Jones boys' hamster wheel of mediocrity and disappointment. It seems like they always make a few small moves or signings to keep their own, thinking that they're just one move or player away, but that hasn't worked for years now. The Rams have made the tough decisions, allowing top players to leave or trading some away, and aren't afraid of making bold moves and wholesale changes. That's never been a Jones trait.
And the sad truth is, Jerry thinks that’s what he’s doing every year anyway. Lol! Cap be damned. He’s “going for it” every year in his mind. He just doesn’t have a clue how to really do that.