The Big If Is Scaring The Heck Out of Me

The Realist

Reaction score
Yet some fans will lose their minds if he's gone. How can we ever replace his production??? He does all those "little things"!!! One less Hot Boy is a good thing.

Hot Boyz were a bunch of scrubs and overpaid “leaders”. Woods, Jaylon, Dlaw. I can’t even name any of the others. That’s how good they were.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree, I think center definitely needs an upgrade. It’s too bad as I had high hopes for Biadasz but he seemed to regress rather than improve as the season went along. I thought he had more power than he shows, and I think the mental process of his game isn’t what I had hoped for. I though Farniok looked better in his brief opportunities.
I think Biadasz' problems are very underrated as far as what ails this offense. He isnt the dude making 40 million so he doesn't get a lot of blame.

Trust me Stash, I watched him closely all year....his regression is something I can't even guess on.

Earlier in the season, when people around here were splitting hairs and wanted him out.....his run blocking was excellent.

Then, out of nowhere, it all went south for him and it perfectly coincided with the offense doing the same.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the sad truth is, Jerry thinks that’s what he’s doing every year anyway. Lol! Cap be damned. He’s “going for it” every year in his mind. He just doesn’t have a clue how to really do that.

I think he's afraid of making the bold, truly tough decisions. The Rams knew when to cut bait on some top name players from their last Super Bowl run, guys like Todd Gurley, Jared Goff, Brandin Cooks, and Ndamakong Suh to name a few. Jerry would never have the guts to move on from those corresponding level names on this team, although the cap - and his son's mismanagement of it - may finally force his hand some this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hot Boyz were a bunch of scrubs and overpaid “leaders”. Woods, Jaylon, Dlaw. I can’t even name any of the others. That’s how good they were.

It was an embarrassing time for the Cowboys. A bunch of scrubs who never achieved anything anointed themselves a ridiculous and embarrassing nickname that their play never earned. Started by a 1st round draft bust who would be sent packing just two years after he was selected. And enabling coaches allowed and supported it. The worst part of it is that Lawrence himself tries to keep it going. I hope that the last mentions of it leave with him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Biadasz' problems are very underrated as far as what ails this offense. He isnt the dude making 40 million so he doesn't get a lot of blame.

Trust me Stash, I watched him closely all year....his regression is something I can't even guess on.

Earlier in the season, when people around here were splitting hairs and wanted him out.....his run blocking was excellent.

Then, out of nowhere, it all went south for him and it perfectly coincided with the offense doing the same.

My biggest complaint with him is how many times our left guard is getting beat while our center is 'helping' the guy that doesn't need it. "Look left ya moron!"
:angry:

5328831202179ca716a540b90023c1b6.jpg

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I would disagree. I'm not messing with the best in the business in Zack Martin just to force McGovern onto the field for one season before he becomes a free agent.

Gotta get your best 5 out there & ZM should be able to play either side. If you are a high level player, you have to fill in where needed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with him is how many times our left guard is getting beat while our center is 'helping' the guy that doesn't need it. "Look left ya moron!"
:angry:

5328831202179ca716a540b90023c1b6.jpg
Click on my avatar pic and zoom in. Things like that weren't isolated.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta get your best 5 out there & ZM should be able to play either side. If you are a high level player, you have to fill in where needed.

Tell that to McGovern then! I'm not reshuffling so we can get one year out of a guy who will be leaving himself in 2023. I'll look into other starting options first.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was it? How good was the defense in the playoffs when it mattered most?

How awesome was ‘Tank’ in that game? Matched up against a backup right tackle?

He made some plays while a lot of our other defenders did nothing. Would you rather have had Basham or Armstrong out there? Pressures and stops may not draw as much attention as sacks, but they are important, too.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We used a 3rd rounder on Golston last year.

If people don't want to start him, they also need to quit saying that we draft so well.

They've done ok in the early rounds, but the middle rounds leave plenty to be desired.

When you don't add difference makers in FA and depend fully on the draft....

You can't make picks like Reggie Robinson in the 4th and Nashon Wright in the 3rd....even Golston.

Biadasz is on his way backward. Anae is gone.

I like Gallimore and OO, but two 3rd rounders were spent on those two, and a 2nd on Hill.... and most people around here consider DT a huge problem.

Add in inferior coaching so Jerry doesnt feel threatened and tell me how that all adds up to being a good team.

The number of star players found in the third round each year is low. You mainly get contributors there, but few stars.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You mean Stank is better than Gholston, and Armstrong at SDE? Woo…..woo!!

I’m the worlds tallest midget. Where’s my prize?

This comment does not make you look very smart. Lawrence is a very good player. He's not getting the sacks that he needs to warrant the contract, but that doesn't mean he should be belittled. He's still one of our best defensive players.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Every time a Hotboy walked out the door our team got better. I expect nothing less when the king daddy Hotboy turd does the same.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He made some plays while a lot of our other defenders did nothing. Would you rather have had Basham or Armstrong out there? Pressures and stops may not draw as much attention as sacks, but they are important, too.

Blah, blah, blah...

"He made some plays out there"

No he didn't. He was once again silenced by an offensive tackle nobody ever heard of the week before. And some fans still want to make excuses for him. Those days are over. And so are Lawrence's days of being grossly overpaid. Say goodbye.

And yeah, I'd absolutely rather Basham and Armstrong out there, at one tenth the price.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The number of star players found in the third round each year is low. You mainly get contributors there, but few stars.
Fully agree....but most teams don't pass on free agency and say so before they as much as see market conditions.

If you're doing that fine, but you also need to nail starters in round three somehow.

The Wright pick was treated like a throwaway.

No idea why they are so obsessed with corners and receivers. Build from the inside out.

Maybe that doesn't align well with Jerry Jr's jersey sales spreadsheet.

Gotta make sure every family member feels like a part of things.

The Realist

Reaction score
This comment does not make you look very smart. Lawrence is a very good player. He's not getting the sacks that he needs to warrant the contract, but that doesn't mean he should be belittled. He's still one of our best defensive players.

The fact that he’s one of our best defensive players doesn’t mean a whole lot. The fact that you think it means something shows you aren’t very smart. He’s at best our 3rd best defensive player behind a rookie and 2nd year guy. He’s our best DL which again means nothing. He’s the best amongst a group of guys who will never sniff the Pro Bowl. Our current DL has about as much talent as the Hot Boyz.

When he was here Jeff Heath was one of our best safeties. So what?

Big_D

Reaction score
Lawrence has to go! They suck with him, they can suck without him. Doesn’t even matter at this point. He priced himself out of town and the production will never match the paycheck. Nothing scary about him leaving.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Kupp makes 18M a year, Ramsey 20, Aaron Donald 22. They don't seem to be having trouble risking anything to get to the Super Bowl. Every team has highly paid players. The key is paying the guys who want to win and contribute to that winning.

I think they have a culture that's all about winning championships Jerry's culture is all about making money.

We seem to attract the players that have our owners philosophy

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Should never have given Lawrence that contract. He used his injury to force through another stupid decision from Batman and Robin after the drafting of Taco the new " war daddy" flop.
With that contract a trade is unlikely so well done the Jones for another stellar move.
Smith, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence and Prescott.
SB here we come.