The Big If Is Scaring The Heck Out of Me

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Who's gonna tell him Bardley Anae is with the Jets now? He's gonna flip.

One of the bad things about last year was how we kept a stack of contract year players, and how that cost us some promising players. DE and WR.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Should never have given Lawrence that contract. He used his injury to force through another stupid decision from Batman and Robin after the drafting of Taco the new " war daddy" flop.

Lawrence playing injury games should have been the end of Lawrence here. Let him not fix the shoulder, then rescind the tag at the last moment. He hurts his contract, and we get a comp pick. Win-win for us.

Even w/o the injury hokey pokey, I wanted him gone on evaluation alone. But the injury gimmick was just bad faith. And it paved the way for Jaylon to do it last year. Bad business to let yourself get publicly punked.

willia451

Reaction score
No worries. The Cowboys won't do anything that will make them non-competitive in the NFCE next season.

Got to keep hope alive and selling that Kool-Aid no matter what.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No worries. The Cowboys won't do anything that will make them non-competitive in the NFCE next season.

Got to keep hope alive and selling that Kool-Aid no matter what.

Yep and deflect away from the elephant in the room that whilst going 12-5 we still lost at home to the number 6 seed.

The real danger is that Jerry looks at: Buccs minus Brady, Packers - Rodgers and Rams minus Miller and Odell and thinks we are still in with a chance of glory.

Cmac

Reaction score
I never liked the Tank and Zeke contracts from the start.
I'd bet they wouldn't like your pay too, if they were on this board. There's not an NFL player that doesn't want to be compensated properly. And if many want them to return to minimum wage........JJ you need to pay-cut yourself as the Owner of a Franchise continuing to masquerade as a contender and selling the goods over & over.......for more than 25 years.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'd bet they wouldn't like your pay too, if they were on this board. There's not an NFL player that doesn't want to be compensated properly. And if many want them to return to minimum wage........JJ you need to pay-cut yourself as the Owner of a Franchise continuing to masquerade as a contender and selling the goods over & over.......for more than 25 years.
I didn't like the Zeke and Tank contracts because of the situation surrounding those contracts. To me, when your in contract negotiations you need to look at the draft and free agency for potential replacements. Even if you love that player and want to keep him. There should be no room for...told you guys I was right about this player, in negotiations.

With Zeke, Dallas had just drafted Tony Pollard and Mike Weber. Both of those guys were looking good during the preseason. So why pay Zeke before the start of that season without seeing what you had in Pollard and Weber. I thought they should have went a couple of games without Zeke, like they did with Emmitt. So now here we are a couple of years down the road and some fans are saying Pollard should start instead of Zeke.

With Tank, I noticed his sack total was high the years before his extension from selfish play. Takin a hard inside cut without even warning the DT next to him, effectively taking the DT's rushing lane from him. I didn't want them to reward a guy for playing selfish. Plus the year they gave him that extension the draft was loaded with DE's. I actually wanted us to sign Preston Smith and draft Maxx Crosby.

So no, I didn't like the Zeke and Tank contracts. Because Dallas didn't seemingly give themselves too many options. They need to do a better job accessing the situation and managing the cap.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Go to a 3-4. Draft another pass rushing OLB to go across from Parsons.

Ware is here to help teach the role.

DQ can pick more of his guys on defense and get the rest of the Garret guys on that side of the ball out of here.

Cap room solved on defense.

Next year Zeke is gone and you know if it’s worth keeping Cooper. Dak last over weight contract.

Cmac

Reaction score
I didn't like the Zeke and Tank contracts because of the situation surrounding those contracts. To me, when your in contract negotiations you need to look at the draft and free agency for potential replacements. Even if you love that player and want to keep him. There should be no room for...told you guys I was right about this player, in negotiations.

With Zeke, Dallas had just drafted Tony Pollard and Mike Weber. Both of those guys were looking good during the preseason. So why pay Zeke before the start of that season without seeing what you had in Pollard and Weber. I thought they should have went a couple of games without Zeke, like they did with Emmitt. So now here we are a couple of years down the road and some fans are saying Pollard should start instead of Zeke.

With Tank, I noticed his sack total was high the years before his extension from selfish play. Takin a hard inside cut without even warning the DT next to him, effectively taking the DT's rushing lane from him. I didn't want them to reward a guy for playing selfish. Plus the year they gave him that extension the draft was loaded with DE's. I actually wanted us to sign Preston Smith and draft Maxx Crosby.

So no, I didn't like the Zeke and Tank contracts. Because Dallas didn't seemingly give themselves too many options. They need to do a better job accessing the situation and managing the cap.
Ok......no problem Oz.....all good. Hindsight is always 20/20......Pollard is going to want money one day too.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I think they have a culture that's all about winning championships Jerry's culture is all about making money.

We seem to attract the players that have our owners philosophy
Exactly. This isn't about paying too much. It's that the pay is the top priority. Not the winning. And I agree that comes from Jerry. He cares about winning, but he cares far more about the brand and the money.

raven55

Reaction score
i don't know why everybody is so scared of d-law leaving or Mr. bone head gregory if you get some young guys in here maybe they will play, remember d-law was out the majority of the season when defense was winning and gregory for all the money that he will get from another team he will get dumb penalities like off sides before the snap over chasing the play which he did on constant and most of his sacks came againist inferior lineman, lets face it one is over payed and the other is waiting to be over payed this is what getting in cap hell is so don't and to sum it all up remember the 49ers game did help NO NO NO

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
D-Law is better than the JAG satus some give him here, but he is replacable as was seen this past year. Go get a run stopping D-lineman and keep letting #11 get after the QB. For as good as it should have been with Law, Randy and the rest in the game the niner QB sure didnt hit the ground much nor did thier backs have a hard rushing day.....