The Blame Thread

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It's on the defense. Yeah, our offense could have done better, but it wouldn't have mattered, the defense kept giving up plays and the Rams would have just kept scoring more.

1 punt.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I blame the rams for being the better team.
I wish we'd spend as much as the Rams did on their team. They went out and got everybody. If they don't win it all, well...

DaoudaD

Reaction score
Did the defense get off of the bus?

I said it. Cowboys can only beat these kind of teams if they get off the field quickly. And if the Offense has sustained drives. If Zeke doesn't run very well we have to throw. And our defense plays too fast sometimes, over run plays and lack discipline. Plus they are small they can't handle big Ols for too long. they are very good in short spurts. bit not sustainable

Carson

Reaction score
Harry Truman said "The Buck Stops here"

You blame up. Garrett. Yeah, people under him failed too.

But, buck stops here.

Garrett.

We all are going to wake up one day in the next few weeks to see “Jason Garrett extended for five years. Becomes highest paid coach”

willia451

Reaction score
No. The Rams average 33 pts per game. So the Defense held them under that. What we needed was an explosive offense to match the firepower of the Rams.

And we don't have one of those.

Why people don't get that is a little beyond me quite frankly.

The Rams just have a better team. And were coming off a week's rest. So we were always going to need some breaks to beat them. And it just didn't happen.

I'm sorry. That is just the way it is.

We need to improve on offense in the off-season to get more explosive. And by explosive I mean more run plays of 10 yrds or more. And more pass plays of 20 yrds or more.

So we can score more pts. This is the NFL. That is the kind of offense you need to get in the final 4.

Maybe I'm crazy though. If you look at who is making it in, that's who they are.

GenoT

Reaction score
Starts at the top...coaching.

I saw a team that was unprepared to compete on either side of the ball. Once they got us back on our heels, we couldn’t adjust.

If Linehan survives the offseason, and Marinelli doesn’t do the right thing and gracefully retire, I’ll be surprised.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
No. The Rams average 33 pts per game. So the Defense held them under that. What we needed was an explosive offense to match the firepower of the Rams.

And we don't have one of those.

Why people don't get that is a little beyond me quite frankly.

The Rams just have a better team. And were coming off a week's rest. So we were always going to need some breaks to beat them. And it just didn't happen.

I'm sorry. That is just the way it is.

We need to improve on offense in the off-season to get more explosive. And by explosive I mean more run plays of 10 yrds or more. And more pass plays of 20 yrds or more.

So we can score more pts. This is the NFL. That is the kind of offense you need to get in the final 4.

Maybe I'm crazy though. If you look at who is making it in, that's who they are.

Well if we need an explosive offense start by firing the OC and QB coach.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
In this order...

1. The Defensive Coordinator
2. The Offensive Coordinator
3. The defensive players (especially the front 4 and Heath...they couldn't impact the game enough)
4. Garrett for not demanding adjustments ("hey, Linehan & Dak, they're playing 10 yards off of the WRs, so when we see this, Dak, just hike the ball and immediately throw it out to them for an easy 5 yards, OK?")
5. Dak (for not going rogue, calling audibles, and getting the team into higher percentage plays)

mmohican29

Reaction score
1) Biggest Culprit? Hot Boyz without a doubt.
Atrocious, embarrassing performance. Amazing we had any chance at all to tie or win.

2) 4th and 1 dive call that everyone knew was coming. Everyone. Had they run the option play on the last 4th and short, we might still be watching a game.

3) individual standout bad plays from several players

Byron Jones ginormous penalty
Heath on Goff bootleg

It sucks the season ends and we didnt play our best ball in the last game. That's what hurts.