The bottom line is Dak didn't deliver

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are two problems. One, upper echelon QB”s are not plentiful and this brain trust has challenges finding QB’s.

They were in the same spot as TEN was with Tannehill and CLE is with Mayfield, if not him, who then?

Of course nobody trusts Jerry's talent evaluation but Dallas hasn't spent a first round pick on a QB since 1989. So, its not like we try real hard.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
attacked? you take things personally...I pointed out to things that had two sides. I admited when I was wrong. it was never about me winning an argument, as you really just want to win argument (remember your Wentz is tougher argument...I mean seriously.....)...

I think issue is our GM. the culture, the team he built.... its like seeing the same nightmare....again....every few years....before Dak was Romo, before Romo was Bledsoe and before him his favorite Quincy Carter...before McCarthy was Garrett and wade and parcells and his punching bag Campo. nothing has changed. Dak will be gone in a couple of year. perhaps a few years of futility and the next QB. even they might be good, but will they find success in Dallas? under Jerry? I doubt it....

we have a soft culture. Jerry finds excuses. his team finds excuses. his coaches find excuses. they point fingers...btw, I hated what Dak said about the refs. I would pelt Dak for that personally. stupid statement.

I think our best chance at success is to invest heavily into OL. I wouldn't mind drafting OL men in first and second and invest in FA if we can. get a running back in the 3rd or 4th, getting ready for Zeke departure. go back to run based team....ala Niners....that's what we should be.
Yes you are 100% correct.This team has many issues including QB..

Steve007

Reaction score
23-7 - the score entering the 4th quarter
27.1. Daks QBR for game
1-3. Dak's career playoff record

We can blame MM.....the refs......bottom line is that Dak didn't deliver. The players play the game and no cowboy was more underwhelming than Dak Prescott. He could not get the offense moving until SF was basically in a prevent defense.

Its on to season 7 for Dak. I hope this performance will linger in our collective memories so we can have fewer arguments next season over who this guy is. He is gutless and not a big game QB. He pads his stats against bad teams and playing catch-up against prevent defenses.

So next year when he torches the Giants for 500 yards and 8 TDs, anyone who starts posting about how great he is should be automatically considered a buffoon.
This is who Dak is. He will not lead the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. That contract of Daks will make it harder to get great players around him. Dak can't carry a team he needs a lot of help.

offlimits

Reaction score
Elite numbers so some here tell us, it's the rest of the team's fault and the refs. Glad I got see some great QB play this weekend unfortunately it wasn't in this game.

We are wedded to Dak for the next 2-3 years and there is no guarantee that we could replace him with anything better. My hope is that we hire a QB friendly established OC or let MM run it. That and draft two OL starters in April.

Brax

Reaction score
We are wedded to Dak for the next 2-3 years and there is no guarantee that we could replace him with anything better. My hope is that we hire a QB friendly established OC or let MM run it. That and draft two OL starters in April.
No doubt he is here for at least 3 years most likely more with Jerry.

offlimits

Reaction score
You all need to see how the 9ers utilized Deebo in the game. They got him involved early and often and not always as a traditional receiver. I don’t understand why Dallas wasn’t trying to get CD involved early like that as he’s a similar type of player. Have him run across the line and flip the ball to him et al as we saw at times earlier in the season.

I think what ultimately doomed the offense and contributed to the slump was Kellen’s penchant to call his version of a traditional offense, where everyone sits back and then get into their routes. It seems like Kellen splits the field into certain zones every game where it becomes very easy for opposing defenses to just go to a spot to cut the routes off. Which Kellen did nothing to make them back off.

Imo Kellen needs to go.

Agree. We became very vanilla on offense as the season progressed. What happened to all of that pre snap motion that we saw early in the year? I though it was confusing as hell for the opponents D.

offlimits

Reaction score
Last year a QB posted completion percentages of 55.0, 54.5, and 55.6 to go along with 3 interceptions in 3 NFC playoff games. That QB was Tom Brady. Just saying, a team CAN carry a QB, even one we all admit is the goat.

Unfortunately, we need that to happen with Dak and it's a shame because we paid him to be Patrick Mahommes and he ain't that. He's a bus driver who we need to simplify and dumb down the offense. We can ***** and moan about the contract, but the money is gone and we have to deal with the reality of Jerry's blunder.

Reality bites.

offlimits

Reaction score
At the professional level you have to excel at some aspects of your game to be "elite".
Excellent passer or excellent runner or excellent leader or excellent tactician...or all the above.
Dak is none of those. He is just average across board, maybe below average on one of them.
However, he's a great contract negotiator. He got Jerry to cough up $40,000,000.00 per.
:muttley:

His agent was a good contract negotiator.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dak was terrible, and the NFL is all about the QB.

Finding a championship level QB is extremely difficult, unfortunately.
Just think....Jerry has had 26 years to find one....and he has failed. Makes you wonder if Jerry even knows what one looks like. One could make the argument....it might be worth trading 5 number 1 picks....if you can get yourself a Herbert or Burrows. 26 #1 picks....and not one spent on a QB....makes you question the philosophy.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
23-7 - the score entering the 4th quarter
27.1. Daks QBR for game
1-3. Dak's career playoff record

We can blame MM.....the refs......bottom line is that Dak didn't deliver. The players play the game and no cowboy was more underwhelming than Dak Prescott. He could not get the offense moving until SF was basically in a prevent defense.

Its on to season 7 for Dak. I hope this performance will linger in our collective memories so we can have fewer arguments next season over who this guy is. He is gutless and not a big game QB. He pads his stats against bad teams and playing catch-up against prevent defenses.

So next year when he torches the Giants for 500 yards and 8 TDs, anyone who starts posting about how great he is should be automatically considered a buffoon.

Actually thats not the bottom line. Zeke had 12 rushes for 20 yards. Pollard wasnt much better. The offense was put behind the 8 ball with so many mental errors...

This point to an oline problem not just a qb problem. Parsons may have been the only person that played better than Dak and Dak had a bad game. So how does this fall strictly on him.

CxC1993

Reaction score
Dak played dreadful for 3 quarters but he was hardly alone in that category. I can't think of anyone who actually showed up to play all 4 quarters except Micah Parsons and Brian Anger. Sad.