Twitter: The Cardinals Just Made Kyler Murray The Second Highest Paid QB Per Year

Flamma

Reaction score
Remember, KM has no playoff wins and a 40 qb rating in the playoffs.

Remember, KM was a first overall pick and was paid a ton.

Remember, Dak has outperformed him on a 4th round pick contract.

Remember....

You don't have to convince me of that. I am glad we have Dak over KM. I would be depressed if we had that pouty midget for a quarterback. For all of Dak's flaws, he's a class act and a pretty good pocket passer.

Reactions: Ken

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe, but you know who else would probably like to coach Dak? Bruce Arians, who won the SB the year before. It does help Brady when you have a running game, like what they have with Fournette. Oh, and Belichick probably would do backflips to have Dak.
Both seasons Brady has been on the Bucs they have not had a 1,000 yard rusher.

We have missed the playoffs every year we didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher with Dak as our QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Both seasons Brady has been on the Bucs they have not had a 1,000 yard rusher.

We have missed the playoffs every year we didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher with Dak as our QB.

Yeah, but there's still a running game present there, and you can use that. And again, you and I both know my expectations for Dak this season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, but there's still a running game present there, and you can use that. And again, you and I both know my expectations for Dak this season.
I genuinely don't know what your expectations are of him this season.

I believe he continues to regress. I believe he would have continued to regress regardless of the loss of Cooper, Collins, and Wilson, but with the loses of those guys without replacements on their level then I think it will be a bigger regression. He has reached his ceiling.

I think by about week 8 nobody outside of this site will have Dak as a top 10 QB.

817Gill

Reaction score
The other thing is the cap does not stay the same, the cap each year expands to around 10% of the previous year. It is not like Dak signed his contract and the cap will remain the same over the course of his deal. I said when he signed the Cowboys that within the 1st 2 years of the deal his contract would be bottom of the top 10 contracts and it is. When hid deal is up he will be over 30 and unless he can manage a SB his next contract will not be top money. These deals are not based on rankings since all QB are not FA at the same time
Good point!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I believe he continues to regress. I believe he would have continued to regress regardless of the loss of Cooper, Collins, and Wilson, but with the loses of those guys without replacements on their level then I think it will be a bigger regression. He has reached his ceiling.

I think by about week 8 nobody outside of this site will have Dak as a top 10 QB.

I literally said it on this thread, but I'll reiterate. Barring any unforeseen circumstances that would be considered out of his control such as a good portion of the offense getting injuries, I'm expecting him to get us to the division round at a minimum, but preferably the NFCC or better. If we go to the WC and get bounced or miss the playoffs and it's not a highly unlucky situation and if the crop of QBs is good in the draft, then it will be time to take one in the first round and have them sit behind Dak for a couple seasons like Rodgers did. Then, when Dak's contract is up, then we move on and we have a successor ready to go. The nice thing about having Dak is you don't have to start a rookie immediately. You can develop one.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I literally said it on this thread, but I'll reiterate. Barring any unforeseen circumstances that would be considered out of his control such as a good portion of the offense getting injuries, I'm expecting him to get us to the division round at a minimum, but preferably the NFCC or better. If we go to the WC and get bounced or miss the playoffs and it's not a highly unlucky situation and if the crop of QBs is good in the draft, then it will be time to take one in the first round and have them sit behind Dak for a couple seasons like Rodgers did. Then, when Dak's contract is up, then we move on and we have a successor ready to go. The nice thing about having Dak is you don't have to start a rookie immediately. You can develop one.

Oh, and if we get the top seed and go one and done, I'd likely also say it's time to draft a QB in round 1.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's what I've been wanting them to do and this year's draft is said to have at least 6 1st round talent QBs in it. So, it would be a good year to pull the trigger and finally take the QB position seriously for the first time since Aikman.

I'm with you on that 100%.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
LOL. Yeah. 12 QBs from this draft will be NFL starters.

You are out of your mind.
Twist words much? I said NFL caliber. Not starter.

Stroud Young Levis Jefferson AR15 and Leary are prob first rounders
Hall Hooker Slovis Nix Haener Hartman Rattler Daniels Jerkovek will get drafted also

phildadon86

Reaction score
Twist words much? I said NFL caliber. Not starter.

Stroud Young Levis Jefferson AR15 and Leary are prob first rounders
Hall Hooker Slovis Nix Haener Hartman Rattler Daniels Jerkovek will get drafted also
On that list. I see 3 maybe 4 potential starters and 2 that have a legit shot at being a franchise QB.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You should only pay top dollar for top talent, not because it's "their turn to get paid".

Absolutely. I have no idea why teams have started giving players (primarily QB's) whatever they want (whenever they want it) when they haven't really proven they are the guy.

Such an anchor around your neck if the player doesn't pan out.

I like Kyler and think he could become a guy you would plan to build around.... but I wouldn't give him that deal at this time. He hasn't completed his rookie deal for goodness sake.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's what I've been wanting them to do and this year's draft is said to have at least 6 1st round talent QBs in it. So, it would be a good year to pull the trigger and finally take the QB position seriously for the first time since Aikman.

I would be looking to groom someone behind Dak regardless of what happens this season. If they get bounced in the playoffs first round again I would be looking to draft a QB in round 1.

If they go further like say a NFCCG for example. I would still be looking to grab a QB. Just maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.

Regardless. Draft a QB.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Ronnie and Rockport driving the Dak ship to nowhere

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ronnie and Rockport driving the Dak ship to nowhere
They have chosen to sacrifice their credibility in talking about football for Dak.

They are not realistic at all about him and his abilities. Therefore all of their takes are compromised.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would be looking to groom someone behind Dak regardless of what happens this season. If they get bounced in the playoffs first round again I would be looking to draft a QB in round 1.

If they go further like say a NFCCG for example. I would still be looking to grab a QB. Just maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.

Regardless. Draft a QB.
100% agree.

Did you see those pigs fly by your window?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

The problem, as I've stated, is that 2020, we did need help at WR and no capable QB fell to the 19 spot, 2021 we needed defence, and this past draft, there were no capable QBs. You don't waste 1st round capital on a QB when you know that player in the draft is not a 1st round quality player. That's one of the reasons that Jerry extended Dak. If after 2020, the problem was truly Dak, do you think Jerry would've extended Dak? I don't think so, not with Justin Fields in the draft. However, because our defence was a total disaster, we needed defence. We got lucky that Parsons fell to us, but we were going defence regardless, so, we had to extend Dak. But, that season was played, and this one is about to. Therefore, Dak will have 2 years remaining on his current deal. If we can find a capable QB in the draft that will fall to wherever we are drafting and we aren't improved, then sure! Take the QB, and let him sit for 2 seasons. No big deal there.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Regardless. Draft a QB.

But the problem is you are still stuck financially. You gave the player (Dak) all the power ... and you didn't have to. Don't give a player no trade clauses. Do everything you can to minimize the "I can't get rid of him even though I need to".