The Cards

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It will be a tough game. Indy and eagles twice. Thats 4 really tough games.

lqmac1

Reaction score
We're a better team than they are but you never know how the Cowboys will take care of the football or kill themselves with penalties.

We should beat them though.
I thought the exact same watching the game. This is the first time this year that I have actually watched a Cardinals game in full, usually only on red zone. They are definitely not a bad team, but I think we are an overall better football team than they are. Next week should be close, but I fully anticipate a victory for the boys

Hoov

Reaction score
They blitz a ton. I wonder if they will blitz Romo like that.

If they can't get pressure they will.

Peterson is an interesting story this year. I heard someone say the rule change hurt him because a lot of his game was getting physical with receivers.

The cards are giving up a lot of passing yards.

So. With their coverage issues and quality of the cowboys line. I think they will have to blitz for pressure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm starting to think one of the more overrated cb's in this league is Pat Peterson. I've only seen a few games this year but he's been getting WORKED. I don't know where his reputation came from for being a shut down corner. I don't know if it was the time he faced Dez or what but he surely hasn't looked like one this season.

Cardinals are a hard team to predict. There's nothing that stands out to you. Their receiving core is solid but its the type where its big play or nothing. Josh Brown looks like a nice find for them. Even defensively....I can't even say anything really stands out. The secondary has some names on it and some youth there. Cardinals definitely aren't' a team you look past though. They are one of the best teams in the league. But just on the oustdie looking in? Its hard to see how their record is as good as it is. But maybe fans say the same thing about us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They blitz a ton. I wonder if they will blitz Romo like that.

I would if I were them. I know in years past this offense couldn't do anything against the blitz. I'd definitely see if the Cowboys could beat my blitz. They don't have that speedster that you can run a slant with that scares you. But they do have guys like Dez and Terrance that can beat you over the top. And unlike last year, Romo doesn't mind letting those guys go and get it if they are single covered.

Tobal

Reaction score
I think the Commanders game will be tough, but I hadn't watched the Cardinals this year. It was hard for me to get a read, bur I think the Eagles and Cards are alot alike They both seem to depend on the big play. If they running game isn't humming I don't think either QB is consistent enough to drive the field. Both teams have several home run hitters though.

Peterson looked pretty bad,

The AZ Dline looked good against the run

TB blitzed everyone just about every damn time. It's been along time since I've seen that much blitzing.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Let's talk about the Cards on Tuesday. Right now it's beating skins that has to happen.

I think we all can agree that the team shouldn't be looking ahead to the Cards, but as long as they're not, we fans can talk about whatever... and I promise you the team isn't looking ahead.

This is what JJ Taylor wrote about that subject a couple of days ago:

Garrett has programmed his team to handle the ebb and flow of a 16-game NFL season, which is why the Cowboys didn't quit when San Francisco built a 28-3 halftime lead in the opener. And it's why this team didn't have a letdown after thumping New Orleans or manhandling the champion Seahawks in Seattle.

"My job is to create an atmosphere, an environment and a structure to help everyone around here be their best each and every day. It's never in place," Garrett said of the culture he's implemented.

"It's a work in progress, and you have to earn it every day in everything you do."

One of Garrett's strengths as a leader is that his message has never varied, and his tenets of winning football have never changed.

The message rookies such as DeMarcus Lawrence and Anthony Hitchens receive is no different than the messages Justin Durant has heard for his two seasons in Dallas or Jason Witten has heard since Garrett took over for Wade Phillips.

"When you do something all of the time -- win or lose -- guys know you're really talking about stuff you believe and you're not just saying words," Durant said. "We've all bought in. Why wouldn't we?"

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...on-garrett-culture-bears-fruit-dallas-cowboys

So, if @Hoov wants to make a thread about the Cards game he watched today, I honestly don't know why people have to come on here and tell him not to yet.

If you're superstitious and think fans looking ahead is bad karma, then say that... but don't expect rational people to agree with you there.

RS12

Reaction score
Teams normally dont play as well coming off Monday night games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Teams normally dont play as well coming off Monday night games.

I don't like the Cowboys being on MNF. Back before Sunday Ticket it was a sure way to make sure I got the game down here in Saints Land... but now, I get the games anyway, so I don't like for the team to wait until Monday to play.

Oh well... if any coach can deal with a short week it is Garrett because he's so structured in how he lays out the week.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Definitely not impressed by Arizona. The only reason they're relevant is because they're near the top in the league in TO differential and they stop the run. Their offense is really, really bad.

Their defense is overrated too. I'm actually a little surprised they're 6-1.

If we don't turn the ball over, I wouldn't be surprised if we won this game by double digits.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that AZ team, but they did look beatable today. That game-winner to a rookie WR against double coverage, for example: that play shouldn't work in the NFL.
I do think we'll be able to run on them. But we'll also have to take a lot better care of the football than we have in a number of games this season. I'm glad the games at home, coming off the Monday night game. And it's good we don't have to travel for either.