The Cards

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Let's talk about the Cards on Tuesday. Right now it's beating skins that has to happen.

No, and you can blame the Commanders for that. Used to be a great rivalry but now that team is so pathetic, it barely registers a blip on the radar. As Mark Zuckerberg said in the Social Network, "The Commanders have part of my attention - they have the minimum amount." They are not deserving of anything else. LOL.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Cardinals are too good at home...they've always been. Probably one of the better homefield advantages in the NFL next to Seattle and New Orleans. It's not that the crowd is THAT loud but the team just finds ways to win there

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Wrong, he hit the WR in FULL stride on at least two passes, one deep along the sideline and one deep down the hash marks.

Palmer has always thrown a good long ball. But never the same after his knee injury. He's doing some good things this year though. Frankly, I'm not worried.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm just glad the game is in Dallas and not AZ nothing but bad things seem to happen when the Cowboys play in AZ.

Plankton

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys actually match up pretty well with the Cardinals. The Cardinals, despite how well they have played, do not run the ball well on offense, and on defense, their LB corp is a mess, and they could very well be without Patrick Peterson, which opens up some real matchup advantages out wide for the Cowboys. Dez Bryant will absolutely abuse Antonio Cromartie if he's left 1 on 1 in coverage.

Short week here is not a help, but can be managed. TBH, the Jacksonville game really worries me. Travel to London following a divisional rival and the NFC West leader, and have one game before a bye week? Also, I can see the British press having quite the rush for Dallas, as I think this is the first time they have gone to London since 1993 (could be wrong here). I could see focus waning a bit for this game against the Jaguars.

Hoov

Reaction score
Palmer is capable of making some good throws. It always seemed to me that his decision making got him into trouble, seemed to try and force the ball a lot.

I dont see him doing that this year and the turnovers are down. From watching yesterdays game it looks like he is going to the checkdown option rather quickly if he doesnt like his first read.

This produced quite a few 3 and outs but it prevents turnovers.

In looking at the whole picture of how this team is playing - i would guess that Ariens is having his QB "manage the game" for the most part but picks and chooses times in the game when he calls for a homerun threat or big pass play and they have been hitting on those plays here and there.

I am speculating but I beleive that his theory right now is that the defense is good enough to win with and will generate turnovers for them giving them a short field once or twice. I dont think their offense is going to produce a lot of sustained drives so it looks like they try to get a score from a big play, a score from a turnover or short field generated by a turnover and otherwise play conservative for the most part to eliminate their own turnovers.

I dont think The Cards will beat a good team without hitting the home run play at least once and getting a score off a turnover.

es22

Reaction score
The Cards are playing great football, especially with all their injusries.

I am glad that the game is in Arlington rather than Arizona. Should be a great matchup

mldardy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys actually match up pretty well with the Cardinals. The Cardinals, despite how well they have played, do not run the ball well on offense, and on defense, their LB corp is a mess, and they could very well be without Patrick Peterson, which opens up some real matchup advantages out wide for the Cowboys. Dez Bryant will absolutely abuse Antonio Cromartie if he's left 1 on 1 in coverage.

Short week here is not a help, but can be managed. TBH, the Jacksonville game really worries me. Travel to London following a divisional rival and the NFC West leader, and have one game before a bye week? Also, I can see the British press having quite the rush for Dallas, as I think this is the first time they have gone to London since 1993 (could be wrong here). I could see focus waning a bit for this game against the Jaguars.

Yeah I agree the Cards seem to be a big play team. They definitely struggle with long drives. Not saying they can't score but giving them a long field seems to give them problems. I'm not sure how they've done it so far. They are better at home. Of the 3 road games they've played(1 with Palmer) they played NYG, OAK, and DEN it's not overly impressive except for DEN and we know how that turned out. They seem to be the KC Chiefs of last year. I think they will still be a playoff team but I could see them falling back later in the season.

As for that J'ville game. I would be worried if it was any other team besides J'ville or OAK. Those two teams are so terrible. Even if we play are absolute worst football I'm still not convinced J'ville would overcome it. They are terrible. The only thing about that game that annoys me is the location not the opponent. I hate these games and wish the NFL would do away with them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We overplay the deep ball. That is why all those stop, comeback, out, and in routes are open all day. if thye count on the deep ball they are in for a long day against us.

nablives

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of their offensive philosophy. Perhaps if they had an elite QB, I'd be okay with it, but they're a little too pass happy, and I hate that kind of an offense when it's lead by Carson Palmer. I think their defense is opportunistic, although I'm not sure it's really all that great. With all that said, they're finding ways to win, so you have to give them some credit. I'm pretty sure we get bent out of shape when we feel the Cowboys aren't getting their due for being 6-1.

nablives

Reaction score
We overplay the deep ball. That is why all those stop, comeback, out, and in routes are open all day. if thye count on the deep ball they are in for a long day against us.

They have 5 completions for 40+ yards this season, which is just as many as Dallas has coming into tonight's game. To me, that suggests they're not really making a living off the deep ball, so I think they'll bring a little bit more to the table next week.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
We should be focused on the Commanders... the nerve of some of our fans smh

Sorry...do we play on the field? No? Okay.

This whole "1 game at a time/don't talk about other games" thing is for players. We are allowed to discuss future match-ups, it doesn't change anything lol

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
It took a lot of balls to call a bomb on 3rd and 5 down 20-17. Cards Coach wins the coach of the week

loublue22

Reaction score
it's a pretty huge game now

win and you can feel pretty good about beating Jax and going into the bye 8-2, and the pain of tonight is mostly forgotten. A loss and more doubt creeps in.

Their defense is really fast, but I don't know it Peterson will play

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they don't play better than thy played against Washington it will be another loss I though maybe this team was different but im now not so sure