The Cards

Leadbelly

Reaction score
I just didn't see a team that's hard to defense. The WRs are talented but Palmer is not effective from what I've seen. He was injured with a nerve issue in his throwing arm, so maybe he's still getting back into form. And not that our pass rush is anything worth celebrating, but he's a statue that seems to hold onto the ball too long.

Ellington's okay, but nothing dominant. Line isn't remarkable. TE isn't remarkable.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I think the Cards got lucky against the Eagles and Philly are a better team. Plamer can throw the deep ball Foles cannot. If you put up over 21 I think you can beat Arizona, their D is pretty frisky so thats obviously not easy. If the Cowboys stick to their previous game plans I really like their chances.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I'm starting to think one of the more overrated cb's in this league is Pat Peterson. I've only seen a few games this year but he's been getting WORKED. I don't know where his reputation came from for being a shut down corner. I don't know if it was the time he faced Dez or what but he surely hasn't looked like one this season.

Cardinals are a hard team to predict. There's nothing that stands out to you. Their receiving core is solid but its the type where its big play or nothing. Josh Brown looks like a nice find for them. Even defensively....I can't even say anything really stands out. The secondary has some names on it and some youth there. Cardinals definitely aren't' a team you look past though. They are one of the best teams in the league. But just on the oustdie looking in? Its hard to see how their record is as good as it is. But maybe fans say the same thing about us.

Steve Smith Sr. publicly said on local radio that Patrick Peterson is the best corner he has faced in his career. That means something.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just didn't see a team that's hard to defense. The WRs are talented but Palmer is not effective from what I've seen. He was injured with a nerve issue in his throwing arm, so maybe he's still getting back into form. And not that our pass rush is anything worth celebrating, but he's a statue that seems to hold onto the ball too long.

Ellington's okay, but nothing dominant. Line isn't remarkable. TE isn't remarkable.

Palmer is pretty much a JAG anymore.

They really aren't a very impressive 6-1 team.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Watching the game today, I came to one conclusion. I wouldn't go as far and say both Cards or Eagirls are frauds. I will, however, say that neither team impressed me and don't scare me at all.
Neither team is quite a fraud, but I agree that neither is as impressive as their record suggests.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Tough, physical football team. Todd Bowles has blitzed getting off the bus.

Arians is an aggressive play caller. 3 wr to deal with: Fitz and Michael Floyd are huge and can go get it. John Brown, the rookie, is a home run threat.

Looking forward to this game, but lets deal with the Skins first.

Rob Mexico

Reaction score
I think the Cards, Eagles, Packers, Lions, and Seahawks are all in the same tier of playoff quality team that could play up or down any given week. We don't have a dominant enough defense to say that none of them "worry me" cause any of them could make us look bad if we don't show up.

Too early, worry about playoff positioning and implications and matchups the closer we get to week 17, then worry about things like who is hot, who is injured, who plays a style we don't match up well with. For now, the Cards are 6-1 and have the best record in the NFC too.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Palmer is pretty much a JAG anymore.

They really aren't a very impressive 6-1 team.

I thought he was a JAG but maybe that was just the stink of Oakland on him.

He has looked pretty good this year in his limited playing time -- 8 TDs vs 1 Interception.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Steve Smith Sr. publicly said on local radio that Patrick Peterson is the best corner he has faced in his career. That means something.

Ehhhh.....I don't doubt that. He's a big, fast corner so I can see him giving a smaller receiver fits. But he's not had a good year at all. When did Steve Smith say that about him? This year?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought he was a JAG but maybe that was just the stink of Oakland on him.

He has looked pretty good this year in his limited playing time -- 8 TDs vs 1 Interception.

Yeah I think people's opinion of him is based off reputation. Palmer to his credit has been pretty good and his receivers are pretty good as well. Floyd, Fits and Brown are one of the best cores we'll face this year.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Ehhhh.....I don't doubt that. He's a big, fast corner so I can see him giving a smaller receiver fits. But he's not had a good year at all. When did Steve Smith say that about him? This year?
No, this was last season on WFNZ in Charlotte. He was asked who was the better corner between Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, this was last season on WFNZ in Charlotte. He was asked who was the better corner between Richard Sherman and Patrick Peterson.

Well I saw Sherman get tore up by a rookie receiver yesterday so I'd probably say the same about Sherman lol. Neither are Revis or are having the year Revis is having anyway.