2015 - #29

Defensive Ranking (PPG):

2010 - #31
2011 - #16
2012 - #24
2013 - #26
2014 - #15
2015 - #17

43-38 overall record. 1 season over .500. 1 division title. 1 playoff appearance. 1 playoff win. Offensive weapons in the top five rankings of their respective positions. A defense that barely can squeeze into the top half of the league in a good year.

We work and live in a results-driven world. These results are not acceptable.

If the endgame is mediocrity, then I guess we're doing just fine. I would like to strive to be more than average.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He isn't going to be fired.

People might as well get used to that fact.

Romo being lost for the vast majority of this season bought him the out that he was going to need to get through another year of not being able to be a quality HC. He's continuing his coaching in training process here in Dallas.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Romo being lost for the vast majority of this season bought him the out that he was going to need to get through another year of not being able to be a quality HC. He's continuing his coaching in training process here in Dallas.

Sad, no very sad but true.

khiladi

Reaction score
No opinions or speculation to be found here - simply empirical, factual data:

Offensive Ranking (PPG):

2010 - #7
2011 - #7
2012 - #15
2013 - #5
2014 - #5
2015 - #29

Defensive Ranking (PPG):

2010 - #31
2011 - #16
2012 - #24
2013 - #26
2014 - #15
2015 - #17

43-38 overall record. 1 season over .500. 1 division title. 1 playoff appearance. 1 playoff win. Offensive weapons in the top five rankings of their respective positions. A defense that barely can squeeze into the top half of the league in a good year.

We work and live in a results-driven world. These results are not acceptable.

If the endgame is mediocrity, then I guess we're doing just fine. I would like to strive to be more than average.

Put it this way:

There's a much bigger case for firing Jason Garrett than in charging Hardy for domestic abuse..

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
I remember the whole world last season and the season before wanted to fire Ron Reviera. I myself was looking at his team and say "does this guy have any clue?" .. but they stuck with him and let him keeping putting the pieces together .. Look what happens...

Glad coach Garret is going to be around for a while ... My only request from him is to fire OL coach, DL coach, and CB coach .. and start looking for a young talented DC when Rod's contract expires .. I like new ideas

:cool:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Jason Garret was the offensive coordinator in 2007, a year where the Dallas offense was unstoppable. TO had over 1300 yards with 15 TDs, witten had over 1000 yards receiving, and crayon had almost 700 yards receiving as well.

So why did Garrett's system so much more effective in 07 then it is now. Has he changed his principles or where the 07 receivers far better than these cowboy receivers. I see a lot of arguments concerning the offensive scheme but Garrett scheme looked awfully good a few years ago. I'm wondering if TO stretched the field more and got better separation w crisper routes and a younger faster witten was able to expose the defense underneath.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
He's ruined Romo's career and probably set this franchise back another five years once Romo retires.

And he is now frittering away Dan Bailey's career. :D

Garret's inability to maximize the talent on the roster by adjusting the system to suit their abilities is the worst possible compliment to our front office's inconsistent evaluation of talent.

Last edited:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I would add that I also don't think he'll get canned. I do think that we'll see a shakeup of positional coaches just so the FO can continue the narrative of them doing something to address the shortcomings (while ignoring the red-headed elephant in the room).

odog422

Reaction score

"Training" is over. By now, either you have improved and illustrate growth, or not. Clearly, not. When all goes well, no bigger grinner and pusher (like Elaine on Seinfeld) than garrett. When it doesn't, it's the thousand yard stare into the abyss, look at the clock for it to be over, and spit. From OC to HC IMO nothing tangible or as a real improvement to this team has been provided by garrett. I believed his initial hire was a mistake, an attempt to be the smartest guy in the room while at the same time knowing this individual is "under the thumb" and coach jerry can return to prominence.

His plate has been cleared of responsibility for coordinating the offense, calling plays. All that's left is time management and the "pulse" identity of the team. Strong case to be made no real improvement in time management, and who truly knows where this team is mentally. Garrett's biggest opportunity to demonstrate growth in the position was to simply secure one win without Romo. Anything more would've been huge to saying you know what, he might just be able to do something here. IMO he has been an abject failure and has been so eloquently stated by so many, I'm really sorry that some quality guys never got the opportunity for a championship that they deserve due to the cracked foundation. Not to mention seeing the Star wallow in mediocrity. From five rings and playoff records for success to "moral" victories.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
December 16, 2007, Jim Johnson figured Garrett out, and the rest was history.

he just kind of caught the league by surprise.

Also, TO and 25 year old Jason Witten.

khiladi

Reaction score
Two words "Tony Sporano". Sporano was the brains behind the offense in 2007.

And Sparano wasn't even that good.. That's the kicker... TO, during that stretch of greatness in 2007, was in motion and running from the slot. When he had the high-ankle sprain the offense suffered. And then Garrett had complete control the next year and motion and running your WR from the slot just disappeared. Even TO mentioned in like 2009 that one needs to ask the coaches why that's not happening.

If we had an above average OC, we would regularly have been competing in the play-offs..

Last edited: