The Case For OL

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4508301 said:
Because passing efficiency has the highest correalation to winning percentage.

We were 4th in the NFL in offensive passing efficiency.

25th in the NFL in defensive passer rating allowed.

It's not rocket science.

Rocket Surgery is for girls...lol

When you have a young Oline it's best to let them develope over at least a 3 year period. The young guns we started will get head and shoulders better with the experience they got a year ago. Those kids were thrown into the fire, well they were forged into something, we have to take a look and see what was crafted.

That goes for Costa too.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
burmafrd;4508341 said:
and once again you sound ridiculous. But if that is your gig....

I'm not the one saying it's the offense's fault we lost 37-34 to the Giants in a potential NFC East clinching game in December. That's utterly pants on the head ********.

I truly feel embarrassed for people who think the defensive personnel is remotely passable. It's kinda like saying Andre Gurode is a Pro Bowler when he's now working on two consecutive offseasons of sitting out on the open market without getting a starting job offer from anyone.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile;4507274 said:
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. When was this once proud franchise a dynasty? When we had an OL that was opening holes for our running game and protecting our QB.

2011...5 rushing TDs
2010...10 rushing TDs
2009...14 rushing TDs
2008...12 rushing TDs

41 TDs over a 4 year span.

Contrast that to Emmitt Smith alone over the 4 year span of our Dynasty years.

1992...18 rushing TDs
1993...9 rushing TDs
1994...21 rushing TDs
1995...25 rushing TDs

73 rushing TDs over a 4 year span and this doesn't even allow for the rest of the team.

Fix the OL, open holes for Murray and protect Tony Romo. This team cannot be beat.

Those teams also had the best DL group in football as well as a top notch secondary.

You give us the best everything we will win another SB or 3. :)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile;4508325 said:
I'll take your bet minus the beer for me. He will go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

He will likely not go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie. Honestly he'd have to be beyond superb to do so. OGs don't have direct stats or peer respect as rookies. But it won't be 6 years either.

Iupati is pretty good and still hasn't made it. The NFC is stacked at OG.
The AFC is solid but there is a spot to be had.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jterrell;4508401 said:
He will likely not go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie. Honestly he'd have to be beyond superb to do so. OGs don't have direct stats or peer respect as rookies. But it won't be 6 years either.

I'll stand by what I said. He goes as a rookie.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I think we need to address the O Line, Pass rush and secondary in the first three rounds of the draft but not necessarily in that order.

Something like

1st (DeCastro, Mercilus or Barron)
2nd (Zeitler/Silatolu, Crick/Irvin/Lewis or Johnson/Hosley)
3rd (Jones/Washington, Ta'amu/Spence or Boykin/Iloka)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile;4508325 said:
I'll take your bet minus the beer for me. He will go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

I like mine medium my dear friend and you have to show me around tucson :)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
burmafrd;4508339 said:
got no answer do you? Maybe you ought to think before you post in the future

sure I do Burm but you won't like it...but seeing how it is you I will try to explain it in simple enough terms that you can understand it :) some guys like DeMarcus, Miles, Tony weren't big enough or weren't highly recruited or whatever...etc to go to a div I school...but with time developed into good enough players for the NFL...while those guys in Div I were big enough and more highly recruited. The guys in Div I have for the most part every advantage to reach their potential be it coaches, equipment and/or training. so while those in Div II or lower do not have to go against NFL caliber talent those that developed into NFL caliber talent have a greater ceiling...while those in Div I may also improve their ceiling won't be as great not that this is true for every single player of course but for the majority it proves to be true.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
BAT;4508019 said:
Love that clip. But it does nothing to counter my point, LA's greatness is not in question. We are discussing his position's importance to championship teams.

Yeah I know I just like it too.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
jterrell;4508401 said:

M.Pouncy made it for the Steelers.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
another opinion

from Lance Zeirlein in Houston those who know this guy will know he is the know

32. NY Giants
Amini Silatolu
Guard | Midwestern State

Silatolu could end up going much earlier than this. One scout tells me "he is the best guard in the draft... better than the kid from Stanford." Silatolu's power would be a welcome commodity along the Giants offensive line as they look to re-establish their running game.

New offensive line coach Bill Callahan thought so much of this guy that he did a private workout with him after his college pro day. according to DC.com

fortdick

Reaction score
Zaxor;4508699 said:
another opinion

from Lance Zeirlein in Houston those who know this guy will know he is the know

32. NY Giants
Amini Silatolu
Guard | Midwestern State

Silatolu could end up going much earlier than this. One scout tells me "he is the best guard in the draft... better than the kid from Stanford." Silatolu's power would be a welcome commodity along the Giants offensive line as they look to re-establish their running game.

New offensive line coach Bill Callahan thought so much of this guy that he did a private workout with him after his college pro day. according to DC.com

I have watched some film on both. No comparison. The "kid from Stanford" is head a shoulders better.

juck

Reaction score
Hos is spot on. The OL needs the interior fixed with starters. Decastro and konz:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
fortdick;4508750 said:
I have watched some film on both. No comparison. The "kid from Stanford" is head a shoulders better.

where'd you get your 'scouting degree" from?

i have no issue with you disagreeing but claiming some sort of authority from watching clips is a joke.

fortdick

Reaction score
jterrell;4508760 said:
where'd you get your 'scouting degree" from?

i have no issue with you disagreeing but claiming some sort of authority from watching clips is a joke.

Same place you got yours. Because I don't agree with you, I don't know anything? I can watch film and see what happens on the field. A guy that plays better in Div 1 than the guy in Div 2 is, in my mind, better.

Sorry you had to be rude.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor;4508567 said:
I like mine medium my dear friend and you have to show me around tucson :)
There is no one better at it. This is my town man.

visionary

Reaction score
fortdick;4508834 said:
Same place you got yours. Because I don't agree with you, I don't know anything? I can watch film and see what happens on the field. A guy that plays better in Div 1 than the guy in Div 2 is, in my mind, better.

Sorry you had to be rude.

what he means is that the post you quoted was quoting a scout as saying that silatolu is better than decastro

you may disagree with it but you are not a scout

fortdick

Reaction score
visionary;4508871 said:
what he means is that the post you quoted was quoting a scout as saying that silatolu is better than decastro

you may disagree with it but you are not a scout

And I can quote 10 that says otherwise. The fact that I have seen the difference convinces me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hostile;4507274 said:
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. When was this once proud franchise a dynasty? When we had an OL that was opening holes for our running game and protecting our QB.

2011...5 rushing TDs
2010...10 rushing TDs
2009...14 rushing TDs
2008...12 rushing TDs

41 TDs over a 4 year span.

Contrast that to Emmitt Smith alone over the 4 year span of our Dynasty years.

1992...18 rushing TDs
1993...9 rushing TDs
1994...21 rushing TDs
1995...25 rushing TDs

73 rushing TDs over a 4 year span and this doesn't even allow for the rest of the team.

Fix the OL, open holes for Murray and protect Tony Romo. This team cannot be beat.

My case comes down to this, which line is better:

DE Hatcher, NT Ratliff, DE Lissemore/Spears

or

LT Smith, LG Livings/Nagy, C Costa/Kowalski, RG Bernadeau, RT Free