The case for Pollard

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yet the statistics say otherwise. Paychecks rarely equate to value. Plus I find it hard to call any person a man who carries purses and wears their shirt like an teenage girl from the 80’s.
That's his generations style. The 20 somethings are flaky. Some of those boys wear dresses, go to the hair salon, and walk around with purses. If you got it flaunt it. Snap,snap!!!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.

They put pollard in when Elliot and the OL had already wore that defense out.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Oh Good Lord!!! My goodness!!! Pollard is good, but Kinney crickets is is no where near the rb that Zeke is.! People get raises for work they’ve done and is projected to do the same, well Zeke more than earned his raise, and is still earning it! He is not overpaid!
Pollard benefits off of Zeke it’s what I call the Emmitt Smith/Troy hambrick effect. I said this years ago when people on this board was talking the same thing about Emmitt and Hambrick . When defenses see Emmitt/Zeke go off the field they relax and then Hambrick/Pollard has these exciting runs . It seems like they are better but it’s just an illusion it was proven when Emmitt moved on to Arizona and Hambrick got his chance and stunk it up

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I think you are being a bit reactionary, here. Zeke and Pollard are like Ingram and Kamara. 2 completely different backs that compliment each other. Zeke has the power to push through tackles and “fall forward”. Pollard is more of the slippery, flash attack type RB. They compliment each other well. Our running game could be dangerous.

BHendri5

Reaction score
The third string back on the ramp behind Gurley and Malcolm Brown was the starting running back on Memphis a head of Paulo he kept Pollard on the bench and on special teams and yet he’s third screen on the Rams team and you guys think Pollard is better than Zeke you’re crazy

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
This isn't an open competition between these two. They are teammates and they support each other. So why are you doing this? Pollard is never going to be given a bigger role on this team as long as Zeke's contract is in affect. They are complementary performers on this offense so why not accept this for what it is?

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
There isnt much game planning if any for Pollard, so hes going to get more opportunities to make plays. Same cant be said about Zeke. Pollard is a darn good back, but c'mon now hes no Zeke.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Remember when Randall average 7.0 yards a carry and said Murray left meat on the bone. It was a very different story when he became the lead back (even before the implosion).
He honestly wasn't that bad. I think they benched him for trying to jump the pile at the goal line or something. Of course, it also seems he was insane so....

Prime21

Reaction score
I like Pollard. He will be a great compliment to Zeke for his whole rookie deal.

When Zeke runs how he did yesterday he gives the team a physical identity. We need that.

NorTex

Reaction score
Pollard mostly looked great but Zeke was the man! Zeke punishes defenders!