The case for Pollard

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.\

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.

Dude he has a better break away than Zeke, it doesnt mean he is a better overall back. Stop scoffing my god.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hambrick got 4.5 yards per carry before he was the feature back. Everyone was in a hurry to move on from Emmitt but running on 1 and 2 down as the feature back is totally different from being the change of pace back.

I like Pollard too, but he is successful because of the role he is in.
same with Randall and others.. its a smokescreen getting carrys in garbage time or after the D is worn down by the starter like EE..

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
yes and the defense had nothing to play for at that point, its called Garbage stats..they count and I like to see Pollard succeed..its beneficial to the TEAM but we always see the one or the other like we have to have choice..

Zeke is a frontline elite starter and always has been HS, COLLEGE, and the NFL, Pollard is a great compliment.. why does it have to be a pick hate one like the other Pollard is NOT good enough to replace Zeke...get past it OP

the zeke haters been out but they dont realize hes still the same Zeke, look at all the game last 3 looses where Zeke ran this same way the first half 6YOC just roiling and we got so far behind we abandon the run..if not Zeke would be way higher in rankings.. its not his fault..yet they see 15$mil and hes a target..smh
By halftime this game was over.

aria

Reaction score
Cherry pick much? Show me a running back that hasn't been game planned against? Stuffed or had a bad game? Should I list all the games where he was effective? How much time do you have? If you think Pollard could shoulder the load as a featured back for an entire game for multiple games let alone an entire season, I believe you're mistaken.
Do you know Pollard couldn’t shoulder the load? No, you don’t because he’s never been given the chance. I do know Zeke couldn’t shoulder the load against the Bears when he constantly had his hands on his hips and asked to be taken out on a critical 3rd down play.

When he demands to be paid the best he should play like it every game. Pollard had half the carries Zeke did and more yards but people like you continue to insist Zeke is all that because you want to justify his price tag. If it was the other way around I’m sure you would still be defending the Ewok and telling me how much better he is BECAUSE he had more yards with less carries. Funny how that works.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hard to crown the kid after clean up duty, taking advantage of a worn out D with fresh legs. He did run well as did Zeke who was phenomenal yesterday.

Good trade bait.

blueblood70

Reaction score
By halftime this game was over.
not all the way over I say by end of third but my point is Zekes a big reason why it appeared over by halftime.. hes done this 4 games in row now but our defense was horrible we pass happy play callig got us behind and abandon the run or Zeke could have at least 120 more yards right now..ive seen this zeke the last month..haters have not..

Pollards just the benefit of what Zeke set up..I like Pollard but hes not better then zeke...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The kid does what Zeke did his rookie year, breaks away. Zeke cannot, lost speed, no argument. We over paid and not just a little bit.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Pollard had 3 “splash” plays on 12 carries, including a home run.

It should be clear now to everyone that while Zeke is still the man, his big play ability is gone. It should have already been clear but yesterday should convince the remaining doubters.

Zeke's 'Big Plays' are his 3rd & short runs for 1st downs, his (8) yard first down runs that keep this team out of 2nd/3rd and long, his 10+ yard screen plays, his ability to constantly slither through the pile to pick up 4-5 yards when everyone thinks he just got stoned for no-gain, his occasional 15+ yard run that fires up the entire o-line, his constant blitz pick-ups that has kept Dak from having his head knocked off and his ability to avoid having a penalty called on him. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Pollard pick and got laughed at for labeling him a 'stud' but he's no Zeke. The two make an awesome duo, if & when these idiots use Pollard game to game and not month to month, but Zeke is the engine & Pollard adds the Turbo upgrade to vehicle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What makes Pollard so quick is his limited usage. He's not built for pounding him into the line 25 times per game and would be less effective.

They do need to use him like yesterday, though. Some weeks they've barely used him at all.

Alvin Kamara doesn't get a big workload either for this reason but he is still very effective.

Dallas should've been using Pollard a lot more then they have been but the coaches have put the breaks on Tony Pollard since Zeke got back.

He was set for a breakout early on and they just let Zeke faze him out of the offense completely.

He has big play potential and Zeke just doesn't have that right now and I think right now we need big plays more then anything.

I also think a guy like Garrett won't like to use him at receiver much because he'll just argue that Cobb can do it better but it's more about confusing the defense and we can't have any of that around here.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Zeke has been our best player for the past month. People think Pollards speed makes him a better RB. Do people even watch these games?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Do you know Pollard couldn’t shoulder the load? No, you don’t because he’s never been given the chance. I do know Zeke couldn’t shoulder the load against the Bears when he constantly had his hands on his hips and asked to be taken out on a critical 3rd down play.

When he demands to be paid the best he should play like it every game. Pollard had half the carries Zeke did and more yards but people like you continue to insist Zeke is all that because you want to justify his price tag. If it was the other way around I’m sure you would still be defending the Ewok and telling me how much better he is BECAUSE he had more yards with less carries. Funny how that works.

Yo... what the hell are you talking about? Lol Making all types of assumptive statements? Putting words in my mouth. Is your premise that Pollard is better BECAUSE he had more yards on less carries? That imo is simply not accurate. It's like a mirage. To be sure I'm not sure if Pollard could be the bell cow for an entire game/season? I'm not sure. I'm just looking at his frame, running style and results when he gets his own series. I love the guy and it's tempting to think he's better than Zeke. I just really think we overlook what Zeke has done throughout the coarse of his career let alone yesterday. What Zeke does is what made Emmitt great. You point out the Bears game but you fail to mention ANY great game he's had? How many first downs he churns out to keep drives alive. How many critical blocks he makes in the passing game. Again I love Pollard and the added punch in our backfield but I'd be frightened if had to do it without Zeke.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke has been our best player for the past month. People think Pollards speed makes him a better RB. Do people even watch these games?

Pollard is not a better back then Zeke but right now Zeke can't touch Pollards big play ability and this is a big play league and that aspect of Zeke games disappeared in a Pizza Box.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke's 'Big Plays' are his 3rd & short runs for 1st downs, his (8) yard first down runs that keep this team out of 2nd/3rd and long, his 10+ yard screen plays, his ability to constantly slither through the pile to pick up 4-5 yards when everyone thinks he just got stoned for no-gain, his occasional 15+ yard run that fires up the entire o-line, his constant blitz pick-ups that has kept Dak from having his head knocked off and his ability to avoid having a penalty called on him. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Pollard pick and got laughed at for labeling him a 'stud' but he's no Zeke. The two make an awesome duo, if & when these idiots use Pollard game to game and not month to month, but Zeke is the engine & Pollard adds the Turbo upgrade to vehicle.
I agree, those are his big plays now. They weren't supposed to be his big plays when he was drafted since his balance of speed and power supposedly made him a "generational" back. That lasted one year.