The case for Pollard

stuckindc

Reaction score
I think you are being a bit reactionary, here. Zeke and Pollard are like Ingram and Kamara. 2 completely different backs that compliment each other. Zeke has the power to push through tackles and “fall forward”. Pollard is more of the slippery, flash attack type RB. They compliment each other well. Our running game could be dangerous.
well said...the sad part is , the coaching staff is to stupid use them this way...god forbid we have them in the game at the same time and make the defense have to play honest ......or run some double screens, line them up out wide...something...you know plays like Payton or McDaniels would run...that would shred a defense...what do we do...we keep Pollard on the bench and run the same run plays into the teeth of the defense with Zeke. Brilliance

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
:facepalm::huh:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I won't argue that Pollard has more straight line speed, more burst and more explosive. He also has all of this more so than Emmitt in his prime who's wearing a gold jacket. Zeke is a genius between the tackles and just shredded the Rams all day. He gets the tough yards and does the dirty work. There are times when Pollard gets a series to himself and he gets blown up a lot. I'm not sure his frame allows him to be a 20 carry guy? I'm a HUGE Pollard fan but we have to appreciate what a 16 game/20 carry RB looks like. What an anchor RB looks like. Zeke makes it look easy but IT'S NOT!! Pollard comes in as a change of pace guy surrounded by a wealth of talent and he's doing a fantastic job. I think we need to appreciate Zeke and how great of a one two punch we have rather than bench Zeke play Pollard 100% of snaps.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I noticed Zeke was one of the first to greet Tony after his long TD run. Coaches could be a little more creative in how we use the 2 backs together.

Ken

Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
I mean...i i g your point...i i real do and i agree with it generally.

However..i i dont think Pollard is built for carrying the load the way Zeke is. But i i kw they have criminally underused Pollard. He should have 3 times the touches he has right now.

Pollard just highlights how much burst Zeke has lost...even though that was the best burst Zeke has had in a long time yesterday.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I think Pollard was used PERFECTLY yesterday. Get him involved. He's a tremendous asset. Moore's best game. Lot's of backfield action. Austin/Pollard are the splash/speed guys that add such a great dimension to our offense.

aria

Reaction score
I won't argue that Pollard has more straight line speed, more burst and more explosive. He also has all of this more so than Emmitt in his prime who's wearing a gold jacket. Zeke is a genius between the tackles and just shredded the Rams all day. He gets the tough yards and does the dirty work. There are times when Pollard gets a series to himself and he gets blown up a lot. I'm not sure his frame allows him to be a 20 carry guy? I'm a HUGE Pollard fan but we have to appreciate what a 16 game/20 carry RB looks like. What an anchor RB looks like. Zeke makes it look easy but IT'S NOT!! Pollard comes in as a change of pace guy surrounded by a wealth of talent and he's doing a fantastic job. I think we need to appreciate Zeke and how great of a one two punch we have rather than bench Zeke play Pollard 100% of snaps.
Lol, where were the tough yards and dirty work against the Saints or the Lions or the Vikings? For 90 mil he should be doing that every game. Kind of ironic he also has the 2nd best run blocking line in the league and has had a top O line his entire career.

Eddie

Reaction score
Pollard has some good speed. But he doesn't have the frame to carry the rock full time. He'll be broke after the 4th start.

But I like him as a relief back for Zeke. They're a good 1-2 punch.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

LMAO half those yards were in Garbage time(dak and the WRs dont get cred here for late game mop up yards in a lot of games this year, so pollard going against a soft beatdown defense who let up all of sudden is the next coming ...lol) , teams in prevent and not playing as hard..its nice but hes not Zeke..I knew this trash was coming and sorry but Zeke gets game planned for and he wasn't doing much the first half only after Zeke destroyed the defense in crunch time , pollard got to clean it up..

if Zeke payed the entire game he would have had 185 they gave him rest and let Pollard clean it up..

if pollard was a starter hed be exposed, hes already missed game in his rookie year EE NONE in 4 years.. I like Pollard but he did nothing in most of the games this year in the first half when teams are gearing up to start the run and EE has been averaging 6YPC in the last 4 games in the first half while teams are keying on him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, let's give Pollard 25 carries and watch him get 1,000 yards in a game! :rolleyes:

Pollard is a big play back. It’s obvious. He would probably be amazing in a rb by committee.

What’s the point of having a 25 carry back if you have to pay team 90m?

Only thing I see zeke better at is durability. Contract was a waste.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard has some good speed. But he doesn't have the frame to carry the rock full time. He'll be broke after the 4th start.

Days of full carry rock guys are gone. Give me pollard ans another quality back for 3 million per year.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Lol, where were the tough yards and dirty work against the Saints or the Lions or the Vikings? For 90 mil he should be doing that every game. Kind of ironic he also has the 2nd best run blocking line in the league and has had a top O line his entire career.

Cherry pick much? Show me a running back that hasn't been game planned against? Stuffed or had a bad game? Should I list all the games where he was effective? How much time do you have? If you think Pollard could shoulder the load as a featured back for an entire game for multiple games let alone an entire season, I believe you're mistaken.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LMAO half those yards were in Garbage time(dak and the WRs dont get cred here for late game mop up yards in a lot of games this year, so pollard going against a soft beatdown defense who let up all of sudden is the next coming ...lol) , teams in prevent and not playing as hard..its nice but hes not Zeke..I knew this trash was coming and sorry but Zeke gets game planned for and he wasn't doing much the first half only after Zeke destroyed the defense in crunch time , pollard got to clean it up..

if Zeke payed the entire game he would have had 185 they gave him rest and let Pollard clean it up..

if pollard was a starter hed be exposed, hes already missed game in his rookie year EE NONE in 4 years.. I like Pollard but he did nothing in most of the games this year in the first half when teams are gearing up to start the run and EE has been averaging 6YPC in the last 4 games in the first half while teams are keying on him.

Zeke is the one who has been exposed. Contract is the worst in cowboys history.

blueblood70

Reaction score

they dont get it the new deal$$ EE got, the teams horrible starts where they get behind and abandon the run, they dont realize how good EE is and as an NFL starter being on the field every game and being able to take it 30 times is what separate a backup from a starter..

I like Pollard as the change of pace but half those yards where late in the game while in garbage time and teams had let up already..so different Zekes been eating the last 4 games in the first half, thats when teams are still keying on him..

Zekes 117 were substantial meaningful stats where Pollards were hollow because it was after game was pretty much over and teams let up and weren't caring to tackle as hard..

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This post is the most short sighted, asinine post...I considered not even commenting.

However in hindsight I must point out that Zeke is a bogus suspension away from being the most productive player in his first four years in Dallas Cowboys history.

Pollard has had two great games.

Both players should be a big part of our offense the next few years. But enough with the idiotic Zeke bashing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cherry pick much? Show me a running back that hasn't been game planned against? Stuffed or had a bad game? Should I list all the games where he was effective? How much time do you have? If you think Pollard could shoulder the load as a featured back for an entire game for multiple games let alone an entire season, I believe you're mistaken.

Why does he have to shoulder the load?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To be fair, Elliott did a great job of beating up the defense, same with the O line. I don't think that would be the case if roles were reversed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
they dont get it the new deal$$ EE got, the teams horrible starts where they get behind and abandon the run, they dont realize how good EE is and as an NFL starter being on the field every game and being able to take it 30 times is what separate a backup from a starter..

I like Pollard as the change of pace but half those yards where late in the game while in garbage time and teams had let up already..so different Zekes been eating the last 4 games in the first half, thats when teams are still keying on him..

Zekes 117 were substantial meaningful stats where Pollards were hollow because it was after game was pretty much over and teams let up and weren't caring to tackle as hard..

You didn’t watch the game.

Your head is hollow. This is your dumb excuses every time. Lol

pansophy

Reaction score
Hambrick got 4.5 yards per carry before he was the feature back. Everyone was in a hurry to move on from Emmitt but running on 1 and 2 down as the feature back is totally different from being the change of pace back.

I like Pollard too, but he is successful because of the role he is in.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They put pollard in when Elliot and the OL had already wore that defense out.
yes and the defense had nothing to play for at that point, its called Garbage stats..they count and I like to see Pollard succeed..its beneficial to the TEAM but we always see the one or the other like we have to have choice..

Zeke is a frontline elite starter and always has been HS, COLLEGE, and the NFL, Pollard is a great compliment.. why does it have to be a pick hate one like the other Pollard is NOT good enough to replace Zeke...get past it OP

the zeke haters been out but they dont realize hes still the same Zeke, look at all the game last 3 looses where Zeke ran this same way the first half 6YOC just roiling and we got so far behind we abandon the run..if not Zeke would be way higher in rankings.. its not his fault..yet they see 15$mil and hes a target..smh