The case for Pollard

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is proven time and time again. Some of you just don't know that and you LOL but it's a fact that attempts = production more then talent = production.
in fantasy football...yes...in real football that's the farthest from truth....

so lets give Rush all the attempts that Dak got....and we get the same results....Rush just hasn't been given the opportunity....because attempts = production, and although has less talent than Dak...

CB61

Reaction score
The fact remains whether you like it or not the man that makes 90 million dollars is going to run the ball more or be the featured back however you want to look at it it's the way the NFL works like it or not there have been some exceptions to that rule but

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Zekes already pounded them into submission

But Pollard is a great complimentary back to Zeke that should be used more often

Pollard would fall apart with 20 carries a game
this kid just likes to argue. he knows he is wrong. he has been proven wrong by 60 people on this thread, but he will insist that he is right...even if Pollard came to him and said Zeke is a better RB, he will tell pollard you are wrong. this kid is not about right or wrong, its about arguing something.....that's all he is looking for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
in fantasy football...yes...in real football that's the farthest from truth....

so lets give Rush all the attempts that Dak got....and we get the same results....Rush just hasn't been given the opportunity....because attempts = production, and although has less talent than Dak...

Dude stop it.

Attempts and productions happens in real life football with or without fantasy football.

If Fantasy Football didn't exist guess what? The rushers with the most attempts are also going to be leading the league in rushing.

I don't need to compare Dak and a back up QB when I can look seasonally and all time to see how what i'm saying plays out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
this kid just likes to argue. he knows he is wrong. he has been proven wrong by 60 people on this thread, but he will insist that he is right...even if Pollard came to him and said Zeke is a better RB, he will tell pollard you are wrong. this kid is not about right or wrong, its about arguing something.....that's all he is looking for.

Proven wrong about what? lol

I never said Pollard is better either.

I said he needs to cut into Zeke's carries because Zeke aint the player he was.

Then some of you want to argue about Zeke and where he ranks in yards and i'm telling you he has a lot of yards because he has a lot of carries and you just can't comprehend it haha.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude stop it.

Attempts and productions happens in real life football with or without fantasy football.

If Fantasy Football didn't exist guess what? The rushers with the most attempts are also going to be leading the league in rushing.

I don't need to compare Dak and a back up QB when I can look seasonally and all time to see how what i'm saying plays out.
When did being a workhorse become a negative? I agree that Zeke isn't having his best year, but he is still having a strong year, and he is having to do it with defenses focusing hard on stopping him. Some games they have. That doesn't mean he's just some ordinary joe.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You're bragging about his rushing and I just pointed out that literally just about anyone can do what he's done with that amount of touches and Zeke is doing nothing special.

I guess you guys tuned out Zeke over the years when he was actually good and now you hold him to a lower standard because you became a fan boy of his.
Stating facts is bragging? What the hell are you talking about? Now you're shifting gears into 12 year old name calling? All because you can't manage a difference in opinion?
You're not making any sense. Elliott has played at a high level his entire career. Nothings special?
You're upset over salary, which I understand, but that's out of our control. If other RBs were as consistent every season they would be getting paid more. It's a moot point, because non have been.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When did being a workhorse become a negative? I agree that Zeke isn't having his best year, but he is still having a strong year, and he is having to do it with defenses focusing hard on stopping him. Some games they have. That doesn't mean he's just some ordinary joe.

I'm not negging it.

I'm just not applauding Zeke's production this year because it's clearly not up to the standard he has set and the #1 reason he is doing decent is because of the volume he gets.

I'm not placing all of the blame on him either because our coaches don't create any space for Zeke either. They let teams know what we are doing but it's not an accident that Pollard has shown this year that he can be a threat if the coaches will just let him play because Zeke Elliot is not making explosive runs this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stating facts is bragging? What the hell are you talking about? Now you're shifting gears into 12 year old name calling? All because you can't manage a difference in opinion?
You're not making any sense. Elliott has played at a high level his entire career. Nothings special?
You're upset over salary, which I understand, but that's out of our control. If other RBs were as consistent every season they would be getting paid more. It's a moot point, because non have been.

I apologize for calling you a fan boy. I didn't know you would be so sensitive and if being called a fan boy offended you then I truly apologize.

What facts did you state? The one about Zeke being productive still? ok...

Well I stated a fact that his production is due to volume...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What can we say about Emmitt Smith then???

Emmitt was awesome but he's the all time rushing leader because he has the most attempts.

Just like Walter Payton is 2nd with the 2nd most rushing attempts and Frank Gore is 3rd because he has the 3rd most rushing attempts.

I'm not going to applaud Zeke this year with a 7-7 record and an obvious lack of explosive plays missing from his game and you guys want to point to his overall production but his production is high because of the volume he receives.

Yeah he's converted some 3rd and 1's or whatever.. Big deal. We need big game changing plays from him.

CWR

Reaction score
Ive been screaming to get this kid more involved since the beginning of the season, especially when Zeke was/is struggling.

CB61

Reaction score
I think we should do exactly what we did in the Rams game going forward use both of our running backs keep the defense off balance they always try to stop Elliott and I'm sure they game plan for pollard when he's in there but that defense was reeling after they got hit with both of them they didn't know they're butt from a hole in the ground

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Emmitt was awesome but he's the all time rushing leader because he has the most attempts.

Just like Walter Payton is 2nd with the 2nd most rushing attempts and Frank Gore is 3rd because he has the 3rd most rushing attempts.

I'm not going to applaud Zeke this year with a 7-7 record and an obvious lack of explosive plays missing from his game and you guys want to point to his overall production but his production is high because of the volume he receives.

Yeah he's converted some 3rd and 1's or whatever.. Big deal. We need big game changing plays from him.

#EmmittHate ?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What we need to do is rebuild our return teams and get Pollard some success.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not negging it.

I'm just not applauding Zeke's production this year because it's clearly not up to the standard he has set and the #1 reason he is doing decent is because of the volume he gets.

I'm not placing all of the blame on him either because our coaches don't create any space for Zeke either. They let teams know what we are doing but it's not an accident that Pollard has shown this year that he can be a threat if the coaches will just let him play because Zeke Elliot is not making explosive runs this year.
Pollard certainly has shown some explosiveness. He's lloking like a great draft pick. I do, however, think we have to remember that it's easier for a RB to be explosive when playing on a limited basis and when teams aren't game planning for him than it is being the down after down workhouse that teams focus on stopping. And we have to remember that explosiveness, while important, does not stand alone in making a great RB, and that different running backs can be as effective or more than others based on factors other than explosiveness.

I also think it's important to remember that every RB, even the greatest ones, don't maintain the same level of production every year. Great careers aren't typically built on gaining 1600+ yards and scoring 12 TD's every season. One season may be like that, and the next year might be 1300 yards and 7 TD's, and the next 1700 and 15 TD's, and the next 1400 yard and 9 TDs. That doesn't mean a RB goes from very good to ordinary to great to pretty good from year to year, it just means every season has its own set of factors that contribute to or hinder personal stats.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude stop it.

wrong....it depends on how good the talent is. the better talent gets the most carries...

in 2018, McCaffrey had 219 attempts for 1098 yards....Jordan Howard had 250 carries for 935....david Johnson had 253 carries for 940.. McCaffrey is heck of a lot more talented.... thus his production is much better...
in 2017...Bell had 321 carries for 1291.....kareem hunt had 272 carries for 1327...….gurley had 279 for 1305....so carries didn't equal higher production.

your premise falls apart where as a fantasy football player......you assume their YPC production would be close if they got the same number of carries...which is false...again, not sure why its difficult for you to understand....yes, more yards, more fantasy points, but less quality for the team and less wins for the team....troy hambrick was a great example where as a back up he excelled, as a starter, he sucked. that example alone makes your fantasy equation fall apart...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think he had an extraordinary game?
He had a very good game - certainly well above what would be considered "ordinary". He was strong and consistent and broke tackles and made decisive cuts and wore the Rams down. With a big assist from the O-Line, of course, but that's how it is with RB's.