The case for Pollard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sorry, man, but this is stupid. While the numbers are important in football, sports are not mathematics.

And the only truth is that Zeke has 2 rushing titles and another 1k plus yards in a very bad season.

All of that "Pollard is better, I feel it" is just empty speculation

What is stupid?

That the RB position is drastically overrated and that production is mostly due to opportunity?

Where did Zeke Rank in attempts when he finished #1 in rushing?

You can't tell me what i'm saying is stupid and then brag about rushing titles.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've never once in this thread argued about who had more important yards in the Rams game between Elliot and Pollard.

I've been arguing about how attempts = production.
what type of production? if pollard gets early game attemps, will he produce more yards? yes, you have to be awfully awfully bad not to get more yards if you get more attempts, but will it be as effective as Zeke if Pollard gets 20+ carries and touches a game...based on some carries, attempts he got not in garbage time, its a big fat no. he can't carry this team.

that's what you have continuously failed to understand.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:facepalm:

Poor Cowboys fans.. Living in the past and think that every backup RB is Troy Hambrick if they get a few extra touches.
but that's exactly what he proved. as a back up Hambrick was effective. in a starting role he crashed and burned. did he have more touches? yes, did he have more yards? yes (so more fantasy points for you). was the "production" and results the same...heck no

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
what type of production? if pollard gets early game attemps, will he produce more yards? yes, you have to be awfully awfully bad not to get more yards if you get more attempts, but will it be as effective as Zeke if Pollard gets 20+ carries and touches a game...based on some carries, attempts he got not in garbage time, its a big fat no. he can't carry this team.

that's what you have continuously failed to understand.

If Pollard had 270 carries right now he'd have similar production to Zeke most likely and don't tell me Zeke is doing something special this year that other backs aren't capable of because he is not.

Regardless.. We're stuck with Zeke and my point was the Zeke needs touches taken away because he ate himself out of being a big play RB and he's just a base hit guy now that can't hit the long ball like he used to.

If he has to choose between running to daylight or finding a defender he hunts down the defender.

Pollard needs more touches.

Javier

Reaction score
If Pollard had 270 carries right now he'd have similar production to Zeke most likely and don't tell me Zeke is doing something special this year that other backs aren't capable of because he is not.

Regardless.. We're stuck with Zeke and my point was the Zeke needs touches taken away because he ate himself out of being a big play RB and he's just a base hit guy now that can't hit the long ball like he used to.

If he has to choose between running to daylight or finding a defender he hunts down the defender.

This guy LOL

phildadon86

Reaction score

If Pollard had 270 carries he would be in the hospital on IR. Stop.

fansince68

Reaction score
I thought the mix was perfect for the ground game. I would like to see them throw more to TP to include a fake run to zeke going left and a screen to the right to TP off the slot.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Pollard had 270 carries right now he'd have similar production to Zeke
Not when he gets injured and can't play, which has already happened with WAY less touches.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not when he gets injured and can't play, which has already happened with WAY less touches.

Then you play someone else and give them volume.

Again.. I'm not asking him to start.

Zeke bloated contract has already put an end to that and his bloated belly has put an end to his explosive playmaking ability so i'm advocating for Pollard to get more touches because he actually has the capability to make a big play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Then you play someone else and give them volume.

Again.. I'm not asking him to start.

Zeke bloated contract has already put an end to that and his bloated belly has put an end to his explosive playmaking ability so i'm advocating for Pollard to get more touches because he actually has the capability to make a big play.
Elliott has made plenty of plays all season. Just because you don't like him doesn't change the facts. The running had a couple poor performances and he's still in the top 5.

We're lucky to have both. But you're not understanding what Pollard was drafted to do here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Elliott has made plenty of plays all season. Just because you don't like him doesn't change the facts. The running had a couple poor performances and he's still in the top 5.

We're lucky to have both. But you're not understanding what Pollard was drafted to do here.

He's in the top 5 in rushing because of the amount of attempts he's gotten.

His longest run is 31 yards.

He's having a good solid year that a Chris Carson can give you who costs far less. Nothing that special.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's in the top 5 in rushing because of the amount of attempts he's gotten.

His longest run is 31 yards.

He's having a good solid year that a Chris Carson can give you who costs far less. Nothing that special.
Now because he has the number of attempts he has is a negative take? Lmao.
You just described every RB in the top 5! Who cares about his longest runs if he's as productive?
Elliott was going to get paid by someone. He's consistent and doesn't miss time from injury, but go ahead and start Pollard who has already suffered injury.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Now because he has the number of attempts he has is a negative take? Lmao.
You just described every RB in the top 5! Who cares about his longest runs if he's as productive?
Elliott was going to get paid by someone. He's consistent and doesn't miss time from injury, but go ahead and start Pollard who has already suffered injury.

You're bragging about his rushing and I just pointed out that literally just about anyone can do what he's done with that amount of touches and Zeke is doing nothing special.

I guess you guys tuned out Zeke over the years when he was actually good and now you hold him to a lower standard because you became a fan boy of his.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Zekes already pounded them into submission

But Pollard is a great complimentary back to Zeke that should be used more often

Pollard would fall apart with 20 carries a game

Reactions: G2

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

would pollard have more than 400 yards? yes. would he have Zeke type production. NO. Pollard is no where close. nothing he has done in college indicates that he could ever carry the load. nothing he has done in the pros indicates he can carry the load. when given carries and plays during non-garbage times in the game, he has shown he can't produce. he can't run between the tackles. he is a gadget, change of pace back at this point in his career. nothing more. nothing less.

also, his pass blocking is atrocious. awful. bad. that's an under rated part of a RB game that Zeke is one of the best at in the league. Zeke is and has been top 5 back in the league. he is heck of a lot better than pollard. I don't say that. every coach and GM says that. every former football player turned announcer says that.

but hey, Pollard had a bunch of fantasy points this past game, and in fantasy land all points are created equal. not in real football

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're bragging about his rushing and I just pointed out that literally just about anyone can do what he's done with that amount of touches and Zeke is doing nothing special.

I guess you guys tuned out Zeke over the years when he was actually good and now you hold him to a lower standard because you became a fan boy of his.
Did you think Zeke had an ordinary game against the Rams that almost anyone could have done?