The case for Pollard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Look, I like Pollard. He compliments Elliott greatly. I'm not speculating, I'm going by what we know. He's already missed time. Maybe he can carry the load, but he's never done it, so my guess is that he's what he was drafted for. A backup to compliment Elliott and a returner.

What Zeke has done from a health perspective is rare.

Zeke has set an unreasonable standard for 99% of players that have ever played that position so far in his career.

1 little ding that kept an RB out shouldn't scare anyone away because that is normal.

Regardless... Zeke is going nowhere and as long as he's fat Zeke with no explosive plays and a helmet tapper then Pollard needs to play more because he has a skill set that Zeke lost in a box of pizza and a case of budweiser somewhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They don't distinguish anything. You do to fit your argument.

Nobody is discrediting total yards of any kind when it comes to top rushers in real football.
I do to fit my argument, yet your fantasy land argument is then what?

in fantasy land, all yards are equal. in football there is a big difference between garbage time and prime time....

if you don't understand the difference. then keep playing fantasy football and leave real football to those who get it...enjoy your fantasy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
C’mon man, you know I’m not in prison......buuuuut I know you’re actually in Houston, luulz.

:laugh:
I love Houston.... let me say it again...I love houston….so do 7 million other people...including former presidents Bush and Bush....you laughing because you want to personally attack me, you have failed miserably yet again...flat out looking like the village idiot that you are...

and you know you are in prison...you have revealed as much clues in your posts.... how else can you afford internet....truth :muttley::flagwave:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.
Pollard is not a feature back. Helluva change-of-pace RB, but not the bell cow. Elliott can run. Block. Catch as good as any RB in this league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do to fit my argument, yet your fantasy land argument is then what?

in fantasy land, all yards are equal. in football there is a big difference between garbage time and prime time....

if you don't understand the difference. then keep playing fantasy football and leave real football to those who get it...enjoy your fantasy

No here is the problem..

You're telling me that Elliot's yards are better then Carson or Henry's yards without any proof.

So unless you have some kind of data that says Carson and Henry are getting yards in junk time and Zeke's yards are coming at critical moments then all I have to go by is the amount of Carries each back has and the total production that has come from it.

That has nothing to do with Fantasy Football.

Frank Gore is 3rd all time in rushing attempts and guess what? He's 3rd all time in rushing and that's ahead of a lot of players that are better then him.

Nobody is going to go through all of his yards and tell us which yards counted and which yards didn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I understand you're not calling Pollard a Hambrick but my gosh this forum can only relate to what they've seen happen in Dallas.

It's like only the Cowboys exist and the million other scenarios that have played out over the league are just ignored.

So now we get the lazy comparison to Hambrick and Lance Dunbar because a long time ago we had a backup RB that didn't pan out.

We have both. Zeke is talented but he spends a lot of time tapping his helmet anyways. Pollard is electric and needs to be more involved and I do not care what Hambrick or Lance Dunbar did because they are completely irrelevant to this situation.

I agree Pollard needs to be more involved but I strongly disagree and find it laughable that some on the board think he should be starting over Zeke.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What Zeke has done from a health perspective is rare.

Zeke has set an unreasonable standard for 99% of players that have ever played that position so far in his career.

1 little ding that kept an RB out shouldn't scare anyone away because that is normal.

Regardless... Zeke is going nowhere and as long as he's fat Zeke with no explosive plays and a helmet tapper then Pollard needs to play more because he has a skill set that Zeke lost in a box of pizza and a case of budweiser somewhere.
So. Pollard scores in garbage time after Zeke softens the defense up and he should replace Zeke. Dak scores in garbage time and hes a stat padding loser who shouldnt be paid. Interesting.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So. Pollard scores in garbage time after Zeke softens the defense up and he should replace Zeke. Dak scores in garbage time and hes a stat padding loser who shouldnt be paid. Interesting.

No... He should play more because he has explosive speed and acceleration that can burn the defense and he is also a physical runner as well. He's doing it all and while we are giving up some of Zeke's base hits we might hit a few more longer runs. That is why.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No... He should play more because he has explosive speed and acceleration that can burn the defense and he is also a physical runner as well. He's doing it all and while we are giving up some of Zeke's base hits we might hit a few more longer runs. That is why.
Remember when Barber looked better than Jones, and then we paid him all that money and then he fell off a cliff?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Remember when Barber looked better than Jones, and then we paid him all that money and then he fell off a cliff?

Yeah fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) we just paid a guy and Pollard is a rookie and this situation doesn't apply in the least.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No here is the problem..

You're telling me that Elliot's yards are better then Carson or Henry's yards without any proof.

So unless you have some kind of data that says Carson and Henry are getting yards in junk time and Zeke's yards are coming at critical moments then all I have to go by is the amount of Carries each back has and the total production that has come from it.

That has nothing to do with Fantasy Football.

Frank Gore is 3rd all time in rushing attempts and guess what? He's 3rd all time in rushing and that's ahead of a lot of players that are better then him.

Nobody is going to go through all of his yards and tell us which yards counted and which yards didn't.
:huh:

I didn't say that....that's in your head...I said Elliott's prime time yards are more important than pollards, garbage time yards. the argument was that Henry and Carson are also critical to their teams, with their backups serving......back up roles!!

you are utterly confused kid

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You have to understand. What opened up the holes for Pollard. Elliot wearing them down. This is a team sport don’t get carried away

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
but but but...look at the fantasy points and look at my spreadsheet. I did the math, pollard has 70 carries for almost 400 yards and 106 points....and if he gets the ball 210 times, he will have 1200 yards and 320 points...it took zeke 270 tries to get there and he only has 308 point.....its simple. its fantasy football...you don't understand....:muttley::rolleyes::eek:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:huh:

I didn't say that....that's in your head...I said Elliott's prime time yards are more important than pollards, garbage time yards. the argument was that Henry and Carson are also critical to their teams, with their backups serving......back up roles!!

you are utterly confused kid

I've never once in this thread argued about who had more important yards in the Rams game between Elliot and Pollard.

I've been arguing about how attempts = production.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I think the answer is to use them as thunder and lightning, sort of how the Saints used Ingram and Kamara. And how the Bills are collectively using the talents of Allen, Singletary, and Gore.

I just don't understand why you spend all the money and draft capital on the OL and RB, then draft a gadget guy like Pollard only to make Dak throw the ball 35 times a game. It's like who game plans for the Cowboys offensively? It's so obviously stupid.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Am I the only one who realizes that without Zeke pounding the defense into submission pollard doesn’t get that lane to run thru? Why does it always have to be he’s better then him. They compliment each other. It’s simple. Also. I think it’s apparent you didn’t see that when Zeke was in the rams sold out to stop the run. When pollard came on in the second half the rams were lined up against the pass. It’s night and day the difference in how the rams played when pollard was in.
Oh Good Lord!!! My goodness!!! Pollard is good, but Kinney crickets is is no where near the rb that Zeke is.! People get raises for work they’ve done and is projected to do the same, well Zeke more than earned his raise, and is still earning it! He is not overpaid!
Pollard benefits off of Zeke it’s what I call the Emmitt Smith/Troy hambrick effect. I said this years ago when people on this board was talking the same thing about Emmitt and Hambrick . When defenses see Emmitt/Zeke go off the field they relax and then Hambrick/Pollard has these exciting runs . It seems like they are better but it’s just an illusion it was proven when Emmitt moved on to Arizona and Hambrick got his chance and stunk it up
Your just wasting your fingers here - they are incapable of understanding!

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
From the start, I've liked this kid. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me.

Pollard:
12 rushes for 131 yards

Elliot:
24 rushes for 117 yards

To me, the kid is just better than Elliot. Don't get me wrong. I think Elliot is a good back (not work the big contract though). But I think Pollard gives the dynamic of the "break-away" run as evident in his TD run yesterday. If that was Elliot, he goes down or is caught from behind.

Troy Hambrick says hello.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
:facepalm:

Poor Cowboys fans.. Living in the past and think that every backup RB is Troy Hambrick if they get a few extra touches.

Poor Cowboy fans. Unable to think past a fews days time. Unable to understand that the reference to Hambrick is the same universal group think that grabs onto any evidence to justify their chosen one is better than the current starter.

But you do you. Go and get that Pollard jersey. Enjoy.

Javier

Reaction score
Volume = production at that position.

So while Zeke may be the more skilled player Pollard would produce at a similar level if given the same work load.

He would probably provide more big plays but would hurt us on short runs which is a trade off that I wouldn't mind anyways.

We're locked into Zeke's contract so it's not worth discussing really but Pollard is a talented enough player that I don't think we would see a huge drop off without Zeke.

We're 7-7 with Zeke so...

Sorry, man, but this is stupid. While the numbers are important in football, sports are not mathematics.

And the only truth is that Zeke has 2 rushing titles and another 1k plus yards in a very bad season.

All of that "Pollard is better, I feel it" is just empty speculation