The case for starting Weeden, again

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1. First and poppermost of the toppermost is the fact that they is the jags.
They is not high-tier.
2. If the braintrust and fans be so concerned about Romo fully recovering, Romo need this week of recovery -- without playing in a game -- and next week into the bye.
3. It's just one game. Yes, ever game is important. But still, it is one game and Romo's health is paramount.
If we start Weeden we will know if last game was a anamoly or if he is really that bad. My guestimation is that Weeden is, in fact, a competent backup who just had a string of bad thows and it got worse and he lost all confidence and it all went to pieces for a classic meltdown.
I say gift him a chance. Peace need a chance, so give Weeden a one more chance.
4. Even if Romo starts and escape injury or further harm to his lombardis backictus disk, the pounding, the thowing and the 15-hour ride back to the United Stakes of America will take a toll. yes, romo is tough but he half a body of a 34-year-old, soon to be . . . um, 35 years old if mein math is correct.
5. Yes, Romo would love to play. In the words of that great coach, Jason Garrett, Garrett is a competitor. He love to play and then go home and count is money and grin. And even though Romo could extend his popularity in Britain and maybe get endorsements deals there for warm beer and from PotRoast Express in England, he only need a fan base here in the good old USA.
6. Weeden need this game. OK, there is not WE in Team, but once it would be good to save a player's career. We should do this for Weeden. Who know, he could flourish. He could play like he did against the ***skins. And if he get his confidence back, he could help in the playoff push.
7. Also, we should be bold enough to gamble on this game.
I half sent Jerra and Jason a game plan that I just know half impressed them. Without gifting too much away it involves Murray carrying the ball for 50 time and LOTS of confidence building passes to Witten and Beasley. Why? Beause Dez well be doubled and Williams will attract lot of attention. Also, exhort the special teams to step up big time and a few trick plays I learned in my youth including the Statue of Liberty, the Darrell Royal option and the Huddle to Receive the Kickoff and then Who Got the Ball? play.
8. I dont half an eighth reason but I do want to encourage you to get behind my plan for world domin . . . I mean my plan to get us a win in London, save Romo lots of hurt in the turf and to gift Weeden much needed confidence. If you agree, please send me money and fruit baskets and bowling shirts. If you disagree just send me hateful personal messages and skip the public venom.
https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxu4SKJUNy99LvPK8cCiEta8ZIZt5j_M9_d2_u6srbCCp4gvBF

Give Romo the next two weeks off and lets get serious about a playoff run.

Yours in fellowships,
Gimme (I ain't scared and I don't run but I do hide sometime)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only case I can make for him starting is Romo can't go. Outside of that stay ready in case you are called on

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Only case I can make for him starting is Romo can't go. Outside of that stay ready in case you are called on

I would be proud to suit up, Doomy.
I just feel that in the great sky of things, one game is not worth sacrificing Romo for the rest of the season. And if Weeden get his confidence back I am a happy camper.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
5. Yes, Romo would love to play. In the words of that great coach, Jason Garrett, Garrett is a competitor. He love to play and then go home and count is money and grin.
This made me audibly laugh. I love the Cowboys with all my heart, but the jokes around here and the funny stuff people say in the game day thread, priceless.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why not just cut Romo and start Weeden the rest of the way.

After all -- you called Romo a mediocre quarterback (among other things) just this week. Why not just send the old man packing and groom Weeden until we can get a draft pick.

Did i call him a mediocre QB? Really? I half mentioned his one playoff win as a QB and his GREAT personal stats. And I really dont think he can ever lead us to a Super Bowl. Beyond that, cutting Romo is not a good idea. But I will say this: Never half a QB been so richly rewarded for mediocre seasons. Is that accurate? Will you gift me the grace of agreeing with that? Huh? Huh?
Holla

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would be proud to suit up, Doomy.
I just feel that in the great sky of things, one game is not worth sacrificing Romo for the rest of the season. And if Weeden get his confidence back I am a happy camper.

I don't think they are sacrificing Romo, I think we have fans who do not have a clue about this injury. Stepnowski played Center after the same injury, a college kid played the following week after this injury. Dallas will not needlessly risk Romo. On the other hand this is the NFL and this BS of taking teams lightly is what gets your butt beat on Sunday. Of course the fans can say all of this stuff they don't play the game they can sit back and say how easy of a game this is. Cleveland who is having a good season evidently felt that was and loss to this Jag team.

If Romo can't move around in the pocket and make the throws then by all means sit him but if he can go then that is what athletes do they go and they play.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This made me audibly laugh. I love the Cowboys with all my heart, but the jokes around here and the funny stuff people say in the game day thread, priceless.

You have the most wonderful way of objecting to things but not making the OP feel bad. Thank you, mein friend. You know that movie Seinfeld wanted to see, "Cry and Cry Again"? That is what I do because of all the mean mans and womans here who say things to me. But some of you are kind and stuff.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Did i call him a mediocre QB? Really? I half mentioned his one playoff win as a QB and his GREAT personal stats. And I really dont think he can ever lead us to a Super Bowl. Beyond that, cutting Romo is not a good idea. But I will say this: Never half a QB been so richly rewarded for mediocre seasons. Is that accurate? Will you gift me the grace of agreeing with that? Huh? Huh?
Holla

Stay in Character.

Too much proper grammar in this post. Get your stuff together!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If Romo can move around in the pocket or make throws then by all means sit him but if he can go then that is what athletes do they go and they play.

Never half so few words confused me so much. please elaborate and stuff.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stay in Character.

Too much proper grammar in this post. Get your stuff together!

ABQ you half to account for: mood swing, nutritional aspecks, medication and 4 years in JC. Aside from that I wonder about your agenda. You are here to deliberately hurt me, yes?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Never half so few words confused me so much. please elaborate and stuff.

That is confusing? If Romo shows he has good mobility and is able to make all the throws with good zip on the ball then he should play. That is pretty simple. You learn early on in football that you will deal with pain and if Romo can show he is ready then he plays if he can't go then he sits

Staubacher

Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop assuming the Jags are a cakewalk. They played the Bengals real tough in Cincinnati last week the game was close deep in the 4th quarter. The same was said about Washington they would be easy just because of their record.

If Weeden plays like last week we could definitely lose.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That is confusing? If Romo shows he has good mobility and is able to make all the throws with good zip on the ball then he should play. That is pretty simple. You learn early on in football that you will deal with pain and if Romo can show he is ready then he plays if he can't go then he sits

this is what fonfuse me, Gimme, proud son from the Hills of Farmers Branch:
If Romo can move around in the pocket or make throws then by all means sit him

But i do not want to start a war of words becuase I recognize your penchance for evil towards me.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
1. First and poppermost of the toppermost is the fact that they is the jags.
They is not high-tier.
2. If the braintrust and fans be so concerned about Romo fully recovering, Romo need this week of recovery -- without playing in a game -- and next week into the bye.
3. It's just one game. Yes, ever game is important. But still, it is one game and Romo's health is paramount.
If we start Weeden we will know if last game was a anamoly or if he is really that bad. My guestimation is that Weeden is, in fact, a competent backup who just had a string of bad thows and it got worse and he lost all confidence and it all went to pieces for a classic meltdown.
I say gift him a chance. Peace need a chance, so give Weeden a one more chance.
4. Even if Romo starts and escape injury or further harm to his lombardis backictus disk, the pounding, the thowing and the 15-hour ride back to the United Stakes of America will take a toll. yes, romo is tough but he half a body of a 34-year-old, soon to be . . . um, 35 years old if mein math is correct.
5. Yes, Romo would love to play. In the words of that great coach, Jason Garrett, Garrett is a competitor. He love to play and then go home and count is money and grin. And even though Romo could extend his popularity in Britain and maybe get endorsements deals there for warm beer and from PotRoast Express in England, he only need a fan base here in the good old USA.
6. Weeden need this game. OK, there is not WE in Team, but once it would be good to save a player's career. We should do this for Weeden. Who know, he could flourish. He could play like he did against the ***skins. And if he get his confidence back, he could help in the playoff push.
7. Also, we should be bold enough to gamble on this game.
I half sent Jerra and Jason a game plan that I just know half impressed them. Without gifting too much away it involves Murray carrying the ball for 50 time and LOTS of confidence building passes to Witten and Beasley. Why? Beause Dez well be doubled and Williams will attract lot of attention. Also, exhort the special teams to step up big time and a few trick plays I learned in my youth including the Statue of Liberty, the Darrell Royal option and the Huddle to Receive the Kickoff and then Who Got the Ball? play.
8. I dont half an eighth reason but I do want to encourage you to get behind my plan for world domin . . . I mean my plan to get us a win in London, save Romo lots of hurt in the turf and to gift Weeden much needed confidence. If you agree, please send me money and fruit baskets and bowling shirts. If you disagree just send me hateful personal messages and skip the public venom.
https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxu4SKJUNy99LvPK8cCiEta8ZIZt5j_M9_d2_u6srbCCp4gvBF

Give Romo the next two weeks off and lets get serious about a playoff run.

Yours in fellowships,
Gimme (I ain't scared and I don't run but I do hide sometime)
Even in serious times, you are serious not.;)