The case for starting Weeden, again

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQ you half to account for: mood swing, nutritional aspecks, medication and 4 years in JC. Aside from that I wonder about your agenda. You are here to deliberately hurt me, yes?

Pick up your big boy pants GTB. You are a professional, lets start acting like it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop assuming the Jags are a cakewalk. They played the Bengals real tough in Cincinnati last week the game was close deep in the 4th quarter. The same was said about Washington they would be easy just because of their record.

If Weeden plays like last week we could definitely lose.

That's fair but the other side of that coin is that people need to stop thinking Tony is the only thing that makes this team win. We are better then Jax. We should be able to beat them with Weeden. Our OL and running game are the best in the NFL. That's no joke. We should be able to win this game on the strength of that alone.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
by now I'm sure everyone knows....
any-given-sunday.jpg

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That's fair but the other side of that coin is that people need to stop thinking Tony is the only thing that makes this team win. We are better then Jax. We should be able to beat them with Weeden. Our OL and running game are the best in the NFL. That's no joke. We should be able to win this game on the strength of that alone.

Post like this make me proud. thank you ABQ.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Of course Romo isn't the only thing. He's the far better thing.

Its either he is physically able to play or he isn't. You don't sit him if he can play because we think the Jags stink so a far lesser QB can beat tthem. That's just crazy.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score

I think they certainly can beat Jacksonville without Romo, but I don't like the % drop there. If Romo is medically safe and can tolerate the pain, I have no problem with him being back in there. If there is any risk of re-injury, or if after playing we see we can't protect him, then pull him. I want him there for the sheer threat of backing off the box.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Its either he is physically able to play or he isn't. You don't sit him if he can play because we think the Jags stink so a far lesser QB can beat tthem. That's just crazy.

I don't think that's the situation here. I think the situation here is that you keep your powder dry for when you need it and that day is Week 12 vs Giants at the Met IMO.

kycowboyfan

Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is the all or nothing approach by the Coaches and Jerry. I would not mind Tony being on the active list and starting Weeden to see how it goes. If the game is in doubt bring him in. It is ultimately a decision that everyone involved is going to collectively make. Dr's evaluation of possibility of further injury, Tony's comfort level, and Coaches assessment of winning the game without him. I just don't hear the position that he would be available but wouldn't play unless needed. It's all or nothing. I think that might not be the only option available. I would like to see them consider that option.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is the all or nothing approach by the Coaches and Jerry. I would not mind Tony being on the active list and starting Weeden to see how it goes. If the game is in doubt bring him in. It is ultimately a decision that everyone involved is going to collectively make. Dr's evaluation of possibility of further injury, Tony's comfort level, and Coaches assessment of winning the game without him. I just don't hear the position that he would be available but wouldn't play unless needed. It's all or nothing. I think that might not be the only option available. I would like to see them consider that option.

Surprisingly level headed position for a UK Cat.

;-)

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't think only Tony gives of a chance to win I do think having starters playing gives you the best shot of winning. I think this notion of well it is just Jacksonville so all the Cowboys need to do is show up and we win is something I can't buy into. If Romo can't go then it will be up to Weeden to go out there and produce but if Romo feels he is ready to go then he should play.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think only Tony gives of a chance to win I do think having starters playing gives you the best shot of winning. I think this notion of well it is just Jacksonville so all the Cowboys need to do is show up and we win is something I can't buy into. If Romo can't go then it will be up to Weeden to go out there and produce but if Romo feels he is ready to go then he should play.

Don't agree. Romo always feels he should play. Doesn't mean he should.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don't agree. Romo always feels he should play. Doesn't mean he should.

I'm not saying it is Romo call alone, the type of injury he has really comes down to him being able to show mobility and to be able to make the throws. Players have played with this exact same injury. if Doctors feel there is no risk involved with it and Romo can go he should play.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
If Weeden starts again i swear....i'm doing something else with that 3 hours. I hope our cowboys win, but i'm not watching that idiot again.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Crazier still to start Romo, injure him, lose the game and go on to the rest of the season with a demoralized (from last week) Weeden.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If Weeden starts again i swear....i'm doing something else with that 3 hours. I hope our cowboys win, but i'm not watching that idiot again.

That is what I says when Romo thow 5 or 3 INTs but I always come back.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. First and poppermost of the toppermost is the fact that they is the jags.
They is not high-tier.
2. If the braintrust and fans be so concerned about Romo fully recovering, Romo need this week of recovery -- without playing in a game -- and next week into the bye.
3. It's just one game. Yes, ever game is important. But still, it is one game and Romo's health is paramount.
If we start Weeden we will know if last game was a anamoly or if he is really that bad. My guestimation is that Weeden is, in fact, a competent backup who just had a string of bad thows and it got worse and he lost all confidence and it all went to pieces for a classic meltdown.
I say gift him a chance. Peace need a chance, so give Weeden a one more chance.
4. Even if Romo starts and escape injury or further harm to his lombardis backictus disk, the pounding, the thowing and the 15-hour ride back to the United Stakes of America will take a toll. yes, romo is tough but he half a body of a 34-year-old, soon to be . . . um, 35 years old if mein math is correct.
5. Yes, Romo would love to play. In the words of that great coach, Jason Garrett, Garrett is a competitor. He love to play and then go home and count is money and grin. And even though Romo could extend his popularity in Britain and maybe get endorsements deals there for warm beer and from PotRoast Express in England, he only need a fan base here in the good old USA.
6. Weeden need this game. OK, there is not WE in Team, but once it would be good to save a player's career. We should do this for Weeden. Who know, he could flourish. He could play like he did against the ***skins. And if he get his confidence back, he could help in the playoff push.
7. Also, we should be bold enough to gamble on this game.
I half sent Jerra and Jason a game plan that I just know half impressed them. Without gifting too much away it involves Murray carrying the ball for 50 time and LOTS of confidence building passes to Witten and Beasley. Why? Beause Dez well be doubled and Williams will attract lot of attention. Also, exhort the special teams to step up big time and a few trick plays I learned in my youth including the Statue of Liberty, the Darrell Royal option and the Huddle to Receive the Kickoff and then Who Got the Ball? play.
8. I dont half an eighth reason but I do want to encourage you to get behind my plan for world domin . . . I mean my plan to get us a win in London, save Romo lots of hurt in the turf and to gift Weeden much needed confidence. If you agree, please send me money and fruit baskets and bowling shirts. If you disagree just send me hateful personal messages and skip the public venom.
https://encrypted-tbn1.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxu4SKJUNy99LvPK8cCiEta8ZIZt5j_M9_d2_u6srbCCp4gvBF

Give Romo the next two weeks off and lets get serious about a playoff run.

Yours in fellowships,
Gimme (I ain't scared and I don't run but I do hide sometime)

Your Farmers Branch education half failed you.