The catch!

aria

Reaction score
If you ever put on a jock strap, you would know that there is no such thing as a meaningless game.
Who did that win benefit more, us or the Giants?

Let me rephrase that, had Beasley dropped the ball and we lost, how much of a difference would that have made for us going forward and who would it have hurt more, us or the Giants?

I’m going with it would have hurt the Giants more and we still played a pretty good game and would still have the same amount of momentum whether he caught it or not.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Beasley saves the day....Dak lovers taking credit. Snowflakes rejoice.:rolleyes:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let me rephrase that, had Beasley dropped the ball and we lost, how much of a difference would that have made for us going forward and who would it have hurt more, us or the Giants?

I’m going with it would have hurt the Giants more and we still played a pretty good game and would still have the same amount of momentum whether he caught it or not.
I played and coached for about 40 years. I never took a game for granted, not even scrimmages. You sweat, bleed, train, etc...they ALL count. Anyone that diedoes think so I either a loser or just plain ignorant to what players and coaches put into the game.

aria

Reaction score
I played and coached for about 40 years. I never took a game for granted, not even scrimmages. You sweat, bleed, train, etc...they ALL count. Anyone that diedoes think so I either a loser or just plain ignorant to what players and coaches put into the game.
I understand that, answer please?

CWR

Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. Right now what we did was have the Jerry Jones special a “moral victory” and helped our rivals improve their team. I’ve always thought this team would win one playoff game, I don’t think us winning today’s game will change that one bit. JMO.

But would you be one of the many bashers had we lost today? Im not saying that's the case but many of those that paint this as a worthless victory are one and the same as those that would clown on us had we lost to a bad Giants team.

I like the fact we were able to play back ups and succeed. I like the fact the team was able to show up and play hard in a "meaningless" game. The players did nothing but build confidence moving forward and our depth player showed they can play as well. Finishing the season 7-1 is a real good way to go into the playoffs period.

We all understood win or lose this game didn't effect the bottom line, but dont discount football is an emotional game and having your mind right and being confident goes a long ways.

aria

Reaction score
Benefits us. Dak has confidence going into the playoffs.
Ok, we’ll agree to respectfully disagree. If Beasley dropped that pass I think Dak would be just fine and the Giants would have lost a few draft spots.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, we’ll agree to respectfully disagree. If Beasley dropped that pass I think Dak would be just fine and the Giants would have lost a few draft spots.
But we would have lost. I don't like to lose in any scenario.

GMO415

Reaction score
Why hasn't anybody talking about that Beasly catch?? BSPN and Fox is showing that leaping Giant TD...
Bease didn't even think it was a TD. He's too caught up in his own wold.

aria

Reaction score
But would you be one of the many bashers had we lost today? Im not saying that's the case but many of those that paint this as a worthless victory are one and the same as those that would clown on us had we lost to a bad Giants team.

I like the fact we were able to play back ups and succeed. I like the fact the team was able to show up and play hard in a "meaningless" game. The players did nothing but build confidence moving forward and our depth player showed they can play as well. Finishing the season 7-1 is a real good way to go into the playoffs period.

We all understood win or lose this game didn't effect the bottom line, but dont discount football is an emotional game and having your mind right and being confident goes a long ways.
Honestly, no. You can check my post history, I’ve been predicting since before the Atlanta game that we would lose one, max two games, make the playoffs, win one game and lose the 2nd.

And when I say meaningless, maybe I should be more clear. I understand it’s not meaningless to the players, but the way they played and won, I don’t think their momentum would have suffered whether Beasley dropped or caught that pass whereas the Giants would have lost a few draft spots. It was just hard for me to get excited about.

Reactions: CWR

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Beasley saves the day....Dak lovers taking credit. Snowflakes rejoice.:rolleyes:

Dak and Beasley both made a great play on that 4th and 15. Damn can people put their agenda on hold for 1 fricken day. Dak is the QB of the Cowboys like it or not. He went out and made a lot of plays. Same with Beasley whom many have been wanting to get rid of all season long. Both guys went out and payed their butts off and deserve the credit for a game well played and a hell of finale TD play

aria

Reaction score
But we would have lost. I don't like to lose in any scenario.
Which is why I was/am torn and say I feel dirty.

BTW, were you not one of the “tankers” last year to help get a better draft pick and primarily to get rid of JASON GARRETT? :p Be honest here buddy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BTW, were you not one of the “tankers” last year to help get a better draft pick and primarily to get rid of JASON GARRETT? :p Be honest here buddy.
Nope! I wanted that win against Eagles.

aria

Reaction score
Nope! I wanted that win against Eagles.
Ok, I wasn’t sure, I wish I had made a list because there’s some I know of for sure that are total hypocrites. We win and I say I’m not impressed or ecstatic and they say “you’re not a fan”, “you must be fun at parties”, “this team is legit” when about 5 games into the season I said we would make the playoffs and they were saying how much we sucked and we should tank.

aria

Reaction score

But seriously, if it meant JG being fired...j/k.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

How would it have hurt the Giants more?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, I wasn’t sure, I wish I had made a list because there’s some I know of for sure that are total hypocrites. We win and I say I’m not impressed or ecstatic and they say “you’re not a fan”, “you must be fun at parties”, “this team is legit” when about 5 games into the season I said we would make the playoffs and they were saying how much we sucked and we should tank.
The tank girl is Waldo!!! Not me! I love winning!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why can’t you just enjoy the win, 10-6 and in the playoffs? Why the continuous whining?

RamziD

Reaction score
Amazing throw and catch. He could’ve hit 45 for a first down on that play, too.