The Celtics are Nasty!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
irvin88;2042526 said:
Not good enough on offense. If he wasn't surrounded by 3 all-stars he'd be exposed. He only scores on shots when he is wide open and has about a minute to set himself.

Andre Miller is light years better.

Rondo is a second year player - he takes it to the hole and can score on you. 50% FROM THE FLOOR IS ALL CELTICS NEED -

When you have Garnett, Allen, Pierce - you obviously don't make Rondo the go to option.

irvin88

Reaction score
Nors;2042544 said:
Rondo is a second year player - he takes it to the hole and can score on you. 50% FROM THE FLOOR IS ALL CELTICS NEED -

When you have Garnett, Allen, Pierce - you obviously don't make Rondo the go to option.

Do you imagine how good Andre Miller would be on Boston ? All I'm saying is Rondo is a product of the players around him. If you put him on the Bulls right now I don't think his #'s would be any better than they are in beantown.

I want to see him hit shots off the dribble, create his own shot, etc. Not just hit wide open 12 footers cause Garnett has 3 guys on him.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Sixers will get beat in 5 vs the Pistons.

Their FT shooting is horrendus, can't shoot 70% in the playoffs and expect to win.

Will be Celtics/Pistons & Lakers/Suns

Pistons/Lakers in finals, no clue whos gonna win, would be a good one.

kev8822

Reaction score
irvin88;2041832 said:
Outlaw and Webster are glorified AAU players.

Ask Nors about Igoudala. He urinated on the whole Celtic team last time they played.

Thaddeus (only 19) will be better than Aldridge, and Lou Williams is light years ahead of Outlaw.

Factor in the Sixers have a bundle of $$$$ under the cap this offseason...maybe sprinkle in a Monte' Ellis and either a Elton Brand/Josh Smith/Emeka Okafor and multiple titles will be in Philly.;)

Outlaw and Webster were Glorified AAU players that started for a team, that ended up with a better Record than your beloved Sixers, while playing in the varsity conference.

Look I love Igoudala, but he is not better than Roy. If I could have any player other than Paul, LBJ, and Dwight Howard on my team it would be Igoudala. Roy is still the more complete player.

Thaddeus better than Aldridge? LMAO. Go make that trade proposal on a sixers board. 99.9% would do that in a heartbeat. And 99.9% would laugh at you for purposing something so stupid because never in a million years would Portland trade a 18/8 6'11 PF for a 6'7 swingman. Please. That's like me saying Jordan Farmar will be better than Chris Paul, and Deron Williams. See I can make crazy outlandish statements too.

If Williams is light years ahead of Outlaw then why are you mentioning bringing Ellis? Since Williams is a future star are you going to pay Ellis 9-10 million a year to come off the bench?

None of those FA players you mentioned will be coming to the sixers. Brand said he is not opting out, and the rest of those guys are restricted free agents whose teams will match their offer. You should just worry about getting Igoudala signed to an extension. You should've signed him to one last year, now it is going to cost them even more. You have fun with Zach Randolph as your starting PF next year. I'm sure the titles will just start rolling in.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Iqoudala is not a superstar.

I wouldn't want him taking the last shot to win a game. His outside shooting blows, although it is getting better, slowly.

Wayyyyyy to many TO's for how much he handles the ball. He had more TOs than Miller did.

He will be a 20 PPG, 6 RPG, 5 APG guy. Now thats good, but not superstar status.

Don't forget dude (Irvin88), the sixers are playing in the EAST, and didnt even hit the .500 mark.

Just think if they had to play Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz, Mavs, hell even an up and coming Portland (getting Oden back) team multiple times.

the sixers are A LONG LONG LONG LONG ways away from even thinking about a championship.

MC KAos

Reaction score
iguadala isnt a superstar yet, but maybe someday. he is very athletic though and can score at will in a lot of situations. but like you said, game winning shots arent his forte just yet. as for rondo, i think its too early in his career to be dubing him anything, wether its a role player or a superstar. he is solid, but i dont think he will ever be as good as paul or williams. In a couple of years he might be as good as tony parker is right now, with a different set of skills obviously, but just at that level. He will only benefit playing alongside kg and pierce and being in a winning environment.

irvin88

Reaction score
kev8822;2042860 said:
Outlaw and Webster were Glorified AAU players that started for a team, that ended up with a better Record than your beloved Sixers, while playing in the varsity conference.

Look I love Igoudala, but he is not better than Roy. If I could have any player other than Paul, LBJ, and Dwight Howard on my team it would be Igoudala. Roy is still the more complete player.

Thaddeus better than Aldridge? LMAO. Go make that trade proposal on a sixers board. 99.9% would do that in a heartbeat. And 99.9% would laugh at you for purposing something so stupid because never in a million years would Portland trade a 18/8 6'11 PF for a 6'7 swingman. Please. That's like me saying Jordan Farmar will be better than Chris Paul, and Deron Williams. See I can make crazy outlandish statements too.

If Williams is light years ahead of Outlaw then why are you mentioning bringing Ellis? Since Williams is a future star are you going to pay Ellis 9-10 million a year to come off the bench?

None of those FA players you mentioned will be coming to the sixers. Brand said he is not opting out, and the rest of those guys are restricted free agents whose teams will match their offer. You should just worry about getting Igoudala signed to an extension. You should've signed him to one last year, now it is going to cost them even more. You have fun with Zach Randolph as your starting PF next year. I'm sure the titles will just start rolling in.

Lou Williams is a point. Ellis is a 2.

You are severely underrating Thaddeus Young. He will be as good as Durant when all is said and done.

I'd like to see Portland win a playoff game at Detroit.:laugh1:

Sixers in 6 !!!

irvin88

Reaction score
ajk23az;2043232 said:
Iqoudala is not a superstar.

I wouldn't want him taking the last shot to win a game. His outside shooting blows, although it is getting better, slowly.

Wayyyyyy to many TO's for how much he handles the ball. He had more TOs than Miller did.

He will be a 20 PPG, 6 RPG, 5 APG guy. Now thats good, but not superstar status.

Don't forget dude (Irvin88), the sixers are playing in the EAST, and didnt even hit the .500 mark.
Just think if they had to play Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, Suns, Rockets, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz, Mavs, hell even an up and coming Portland (getting Oden back) team multiple times.

the sixers are A LONG LONG LONG LONG ways away from even thinking about a championship.

Sixers won AT Detroit, Boston, Pheonix....beat San Antonio among others. Iggy will be an all-star for years to come.

Sixers in 6 games.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
irvin88;2043352 said:

You are severely underrating Thaddeus Young. He will be as good as Durant when all is said and done.

Sixers in 6 !!!
I guess it's a prerequisite that you be delusional in order to be a fan of any team from Philly.

ajk23az

Reaction score
irvin88;2043355 said:
Sixers won AT Detroit, Boston, Pheonix....beat San Antonio among others. Iggy will be an all-star for years to come.

Sixers in 6 games.

They also lost AT HOME to Atlanta, Indiana, Minnesota, Chicago, Milwaukee.... what's your point?

The regular season HAS NOTHING TO DO with the playoffs.

The 76ers were 40-42, they aren't going ANYWHERE but out in the first round this year. You are delusional if you think they will beat the Pistons in 6.

EVERYONE else here (with any NBA knowledge) will agree with me.

kev8822

Reaction score
irvin88;2043352 said:

Sixers in 6 !!!

So then Igoudala is playing the 3, and the future HOF Young is playing the 4? The guy can't beat 210 pounds soaking wet. That will work. Your team going for the smallest lineup in league history?

At least Portland can get to .500.

irvin88

Reaction score
kev8822;2043464 said:
So then Igoudala is playing the 3, and the future HOF Young is playing the 4? The guy can't beat 210 pounds soaking wet. That will work. Your team going for the smallest lineup in league history?

At least Portland can get to .500.

Good luck w/ Mr. Microfracture at center next year. That surgery really helped Webber's career.:laugh1:

irvin88

Reaction score
ajk23az;2043366 said:
They also lost AT HOME to Atlanta, Indiana, Minnesota, Chicago, Milwaukee.... what's your point?

The regular season HAS NOTHING TO DO with the playoffs.

The 76ers were 40-42, they aren't going ANYWHERE but out in the first round this year. You are delusional if you think they will beat the Pistons in 6.
EVERYONE else here (with any NBA knowledge) will agree with me.

Aren't you the same guy that was laughing at me when I said that before game 1 ? :confused: If anything, Sixers may win this series in less than 6 games.:)

ajk23az

Reaction score
irvin88;2043598 said:
Aren't you the same guy that was laughing at me when I said that before game 1 ? :confused: If anything, Sixers may win this series in less than 6 games.:)

No I wasn't...but I would've.

Sorry, but winning one game in a series of 7 doesn't win the series.
At least I don't think so..:rolleyes:

ajk23az

Reaction score
irvin88;2043595 said:
Good luck w/ Mr. Microfracture at center next year. That surgery really helped Webber's career.:laugh1:

WTH, Webber is like 36 years old dude...what do you expect..

irvin88

Reaction score
ajk23az;2043604 said:
WTH, Webber is like 36 years old dude...what do you expect..

Webber was in his prime (age 29 or 30) when he had that surgery. Then he became a guy who played on one leg and developed Eric Montross' athletic ability.:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
i laughed when you said sixers in 6, and im still laughing, they will be extremely fortunate to win another game in that series. those wins in the regular season were great, a really good way for a young team to build confidence going forward into the future, but it doesnt mean that they are as good as those teams, just cuz they beat great teams. its only the regular season, after all, memphis beat the lakers late in the season, that doesnt mean they are a better team, its just the regular season.

kev8822

Reaction score
irvin88;2043595 said:

Amare turned out okay didn't he. I'd much rather have a one legged Oden, then Dalembert. He has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, and has a BB IQ of a 5th grader.

I don't even like Portland. I'm a Laker fan. I'm just in this thread fighting your Uber Myopic Homerism.

irvin88

Reaction score
kev8822;2043854 said:
Amare turned out okay didn't he. I'd much rather have a one legged Oden, then Dalembert. He has one of the worst contracts in the NBA, and has a BB IQ of a 5th grader.

I don't even like Portland. I'm a Laker fan. I'm just in this thread fighting your Uber Myopic Homerism.

Dalembert sucks..only top 10 in rebounds and top 5 in blocks.;)