The Celtics are Nasty!

thekavorka

Reaction score
Nors;2122128 said:
West has better depth and above average teams, But nowhere near dominant over Boston in 2008. Lakers were best from West but everything about their game is soft.

Good to see Garnett, Pierce and Allen get their Rings. Pierce and Garnett just punched their Ticket to Springfield last night......

i never argues that Boston wasn't better than the west. they clearly are judging by the past week.

but one team does not make a conference

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thekavorka;2122280 said:
i never argues that Boston wasn't better than the west. they clearly are judging by the past week.

but one team does not make a conference

I agree on that -

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Is it over? I honestly didn't even know. That is how disinterested in it I was.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2122312 said:
Is it over? I honestly didn't even know. That is how disinterested in it I was.

Ratings off the chart for this series and yes Boston are now the World Champions.

Great NBA playoff's sorry you had no interest - great basketball being played!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors;2122326 said:
Ratings off the chart for this series and yes Boston are now the World Champions.

Great NBA playoff's sorry you had no interest - great basketball being played!
I don't care about the ratings, the Celtics or the NBA. I doubt I will have much interest for many years, if ever.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
OK - NBA is on an upswing

Top 3 on viewed shows last week were Boston/LA - mega watching. Good stuff. Your call on not watching.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Great season, but I just cant remember this as a great team.

Glad they got their rings, congrats to them. Nice to see Pierce and Garnett get their hard earned rings.

But the fact that the Hawks took them to game 7, etc. Just cant see them the same way as I do other great teams.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
They blew out the Lakers -

Atlanta has some firepower and we dusted them game 7 like we did the Lakers....

Celtics toasted West all season and finals. Atlanta series means nothing. They (West) were beaten by Celtics.

Repeat is in order!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Nors;2122347 said:
They blew out the Lakers -

Atlanta has some firepower and we dusted them game 7 like we did the Lakers....

Celtics toasted West all season and finals. Atlanta series means nothing. They (West) were beaten by Celtics.

Repeat is in order!

If a team like Atlanta, with no coaching can take you to a game seven, you probably aren't that dominant. When you can't beat atlanta at Atlanta(whom didnt have a winning record) you just aren't that dominant. Post season is what matters. They won, but not in a dominating fashion. So my point of saying they had a great year but will not be remembered as an all time great team is very valid.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2121479 said:
10 years ago means nothing.

East has won 3 of last 5 NBA Championships, and holds the trophy today!

This isn't a one game format. The Celtics are the best team in the NBA and they closed the deal last night in a 40 point blowout.

touche, but overall the west is still better than the east. the celtics will be great next year though, i think the heat could be really good too if they can stay healthy and hit a homerun with their draftpick

Muhast;2122356 said:
If a team like Atlanta, with no coaching can take you to a game seven, you probably aren't that dominant. When you can't beat atlanta at Atlanta(whom didnt have a winning record) you just aren't that dominant. Post season is what matters. They won, but not in a dominating fashion. So my point of saying they had a great year but will not be remembered as an all time great team is very valid.

i see your point, i think its just a case of the celtics playing down or up to the opponents level.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2122356 said:

Teams are remembered for winning championships....

Never said this was an all time great team.

MC KAos

Reaction score
about the ratings, ive said it before, the ratings were through the roof even before the finals, the spurs, yes thats not a typo, had the highest rated first round game EVER this year, and their series with the lakers and hornets were also very highly rated. i dont think the ratings were up just because of the celtics, as evidenced by the sub par ratings the east finals had. but maybe that had more to do with the pistons

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2122356 said:

That depends on the next 3 years. Say Boston only wins this one - they are just another good team that won a championship. Now if they tack on another 2 to 3 we are talkin a Great team. Win and advance and if this team gets 3-4 total rings they will be viewed as great.

Why do all want to dismiss Lakers blowout and highling Atlant and Clevland Game 7's? You are making my point on East versus West!

Big 3 for 3!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;2123322 said:
That depends on the next 3 years. Say Boston only wins this one - they are just another good team that won a championship. Now if they tack on another 2 to 3 we are talkin a Great team. Win and advance and if this team gets 3-4 total rings they will be viewed as great.

Why do all want to dismiss Lakers blowout and highling Atlant and Clevland Game 7's? You are making my point on East versus West!

Big 3 for 3!

ya its true, the only thing is that the celtics will have a big bullseye on their back now as defending champs. the big 2 and a half is getting older too, i think ray allen will decline and pierce might be injury prone, but if not he will continue to be a beast, love that guy. KG will still be KG and the supporting cast has proven to be solid, except for rondo, he needs to be more consistent, but parker was that way back in the day

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ray Allen is what 32? And was playing on two ankles operated on in offseason. He is a pure shooter and has years left in the tank.

Rondo is 22! He played awesome all season long. Yes he's inconsistent but he's real good. Game 6 - 21 points, 6 steals, 8 assists, 7 Rebounds

Posey is the guy we need to bring back. Big 3 probably end up in Hall with another ring. Ray Allen was the calm leader of this team. His demeanor was impeccable.

Three for Three!
33% there!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Those numbies that keep harping on the Atlanta series.
Some teams for whatever reason can give other teams that should kick their butts a problem. That has been proven in sports over the years. Its like some great pitchers have one or two guys that alwasy seem to be able to get hits off them; or great batters that have one or two pitchers that are not that good give them all sorts of trouble.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Nors;2060087 said:
Red Sox have 2 World Series last 4 years
Patriots 3 Super Bowls this decade

Celtics turn!

Patriots have 3 Super Bowls with astericks stamped right before the S in Super. :)

Celtics bought their championship. Celtics will not see another World Championship for years.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
What Atlanta did was totally shut down Ray Allen. And they disrupted Boston's offense. And they have Joe Johnson and some young talent. They tried and played much harder than Lakers. Cewltics won it all - thats all that counts!

MC KAos

Reaction score
ray allen is gonna be relegated to being a jump shooter, he doesnt have the same explosion he did even just back in 05. but jump shooters age well, but his defense will be a liability. pierce is not gonna be stopped by anything else but an injury, he is just a beast. garnett could have a hard time because he had never really gotten this far in the playoffs and will have a short summer. But doc rivers did a good job saving his minutes and i think he will do the same thing pop does this coming year to keep those 3 fresh for the playoffs. i think the celtics could win another one, but i dont think it will happen next year because of the target they now have, maybe in 2010 though