The Celtics are Nasty!

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Hopefully everything is fine with Allen, I hate to see people having problems with their kids.

Good win last night, LA need to stop blowing leads so easily though, They let 19 go to 3 in the space of 8 minutes and Garnett and Allen weren't even on the floor. Just keep Kobe on Peirce and keep Walton on the bench.

Game six could be so important, Boston need to win or an unbelievable amount pressure goes on them for game 7. Lakers need to focus on both ends again.

Smith22

Reaction score
It has been a wild series so far. I can't recall a recent finals where the lead changes were so drastic. The Lakers have blown huge leads twice now along with the huge lead Boston almost lost earlier in the series. The commentators nailed it with a comment they made during game 5, that the Lakers seem to try and block shots but are not willing to step up and take a charge, while the Celtics seem to play a bit harder on defense and have the guts to stand still and take a charge.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics delayed in LA
Email|Link|Comments (27) Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff June 16, 2008 04:37 PM
As of 4 p.m. EDT today, the Celtics' plane was still on the ground in Los Angeles due to mechanical issues.

At 5:30 p.m., Celtics radio announcer Cedric Maxwell reported on sports radio WEEI that a 757 had been flown in to take the Celtics back to Boston on a direct flight.

Celtics guard Ray Allen, who left immediately after last night game due to an illness with one of his children, is expected to play Tuesday night in Boston. His child is expected to be OK.

Updated at 5:39 p.m.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Celtics are up by 23 points at halftime. Dare I suggest it is over?

With this home crowd, yes.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
If Kobe thought they wet the bed in Game 4, then what the hell is he gonna say about this one? What a disappointing clinching game. Not even in doubt after halftime.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I'm going to bed soon, so I'll say this - one serving of crow, please.

Despite all odds, the Celtics have accomplished the ultimate goal. Congratulations.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs Man;2121064 said:
I'm going to bed soon, so I'll say this - one serving of crow, please.

Despite all odds, the Celtics have accomplished the ultimate goal. Congratulations.

Thanks - not looking to bust chops -

My Celtics look good to do it tonight. And that preseason game and early season game - what had me convinced they could do this. Buy in on team defense....

Ral Allen putting on a clinic now - probably Pierce for MVP .

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Celtics did it - Season long quest ends in NBA Championship.

So proud of my team.... Ray Allen may not be MVP but he was mettle this series. Believe his 7 - 3's tonight was a record.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
While I'm not too happy about Boston being the ones who are the champions this year, it's is miles better than the Lakers or Spurs. Thank you Celtics for annihilating the Lakers. Go Suns next year....

TIME FOR FOOTBALL!!!!! :star:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
thekavorka;2121085 said:
congrats to the REAL celtic fans (all 3 of them in boston)

Yup ..... Grats to the real fans who followed them before this year.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it, congrats to Boston.

burmafrd;2121188 said:
So now lets discuss all this Western Conference superiority.....

^It's the same as the AFC vs NFC....the East got one this year, over the last 10 years though the West have won it 70% of the time.

kev8822

Reaction score
burmafrd;2121188 said:
So now lets discuss all this Western Conference superiority.....

Nobody said the C and Detroit weren't good it is the rest of the confrence that is a joke. Go look at the records. Most people consider the Cavs the 3rd best team in the east, and they are the 10th best team out west.

Anyway congrats to the Celtics.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, just cuz the east wins one year doesnt mean its not uneven.

congratulations to all celtics fans, loyal and nors....ugh i mean bandwagon alike. the celtics are clearly the best team in the league this year thanks to their awesome defense. they prove yet again what wins championships. its now officially next year for the other 29 teams while the celtics and their fans can take the summer to enjoy their great accomplishment. anyway congratulations to celtics again, i think they will be back in the finals next year, but watch out for the heat if they can stay healthy and make the right pick in the draft

if the spurs can make some good pickups in the offseason like the ime pickup last year and get rid of some age i think we can join you guys next year in the finals for some good ol 64-71 type games, lol. as for me im going crappie fishing today and tomorrow, wish me luck

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
There is no East versus West debate in 2008. Celtics steamrolled West during season and in finals. They won 82 games...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
10 years ago means nothing.

East has won 3 of last 5 NBA Championships, and holds the trophy today!

This isn't a one game format. The Celtics are the best team in the NBA and they closed the deal last night in a 40 point blowout.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Nors;2121479 said:
10 years ago means nothing.

East has won 3 of last 5 NBA Championships, and holds the trophy today!

This isn't a one game format. The Celtics are the best team in the NBA and they closed the deal last night in a 40 point blowout.

i like how you arbitrarily chose 5 years.

also, overall, the West is clearly better. just because the best team in the East is better than the west, doesn't make the conference as a whole any better.

oh, and where did Boston get the missing pieces from? the west

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
thekavorka;2121871 said:
i like how you arbitrarily chose 5 years.

also, overall, the West is clearly better. just because the best team in the East is better than the west, doesn't make the conference as a whole any better.

oh, and where did Boston get the missing pieces from? the west

West has better depth and above average teams, But nowhere near dominant over Boston in 2008. Lakers were best from West but everything about their game is soft.

Good to see Garnett, Pierce and Allen get their Rings. Pierce and Garnett just punched their Ticket to Springfield last night......