The climate with Jerry is too toxic for success

kskboys

Reaction score
IF Jerry is being sincere and he really wants to win a trophy before he is dead..then I could see him hiring a bigtime HC..like a hail Mary hire if you will. We are about to see how badly he really wants to win.
That is correct. I've seen some people insist that he really wants to win. The only sign to signify that it might be true is if he hires a competent HC and gives him the power he needs.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Anything using the word "toxic" be it a person or situation should be banned from the human language. One of the most overused and misused words in existence right now.

If we did that, I couldn't get accused of "toxic masculinity" for every little thing. What would I do if no one could correct my evil behavior such as thinking a cheerleader looks pretty or something awful like that?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The word "literally" is worse.

Misuse of that word drives me nuts. It's supposed to mean something that actually happened. If you say, "I literally fell into a hole" means you actually stepped into a hole and fell down in there. People use it to mean "figuratively" all the time and that figuratively drives me crazy (not literally).

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry is a huge problem no doubt. But he has as a GM given Garrett some amazing talent to put on the field. It's Garrett's job to get the most out of this team and he hasn't. JJ has done his job as far as I'm concerned.

Would that include his fascination with drug addicts?

Rayman70

Reaction score
That is correct. I've seen some people insist that he really wants to win. The only sign to signify that it might be true is if he hires a competent HC and gives him the power he needs.
we will soon find out if we lose Thursday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to say.

Stevie is over the financials. If he'll keep his head in the books, maybe. He has stated that when he takes over he will hire a GM. Stevie is also a football dummy, but he doesn't appear to have his dad's inane insistence to be the GM, a job at which he is terrible.
He made that comment about hiring a GM when Booger was under fire quite a ways back and that was before he got a taste of Paris and the farm might not look so inviting.

Some people seek that spotlight while others choose to avoid it. Hard to say about him. Booger got his taste for it when he watched Jimmy Johnson approach legend status after he had to fire the previous legend.

I do believe we are in for a much longer haul with Booger calling the shots. There's a reason he sought out Crazy Al as his mentor. When the rumor began to float that he was taking a step back and his son taking one forward, because he had his own radio bit that was required of the affiliate, he reacted with roaring back as up front, or more so, than he'd ever been before. There is no question about who runs the franchise and nothing happens without his approval.

He will not go quietly into that night and while he's about his family, to the detriment of the team and the fans, it's all about "this is mine and they work for me". He's a 77 year old guy that feels his relevance and self-importance is necessary for continued happiness. He's fooled himself into thinking people at laughing with him instead of at him.

Can you imagine the chuckles his fellow owners had when he called his own coaching out after that game? They all know they need to keep him as the chief Cowboys guy and they have little to be concerned about in the trophy case.

the playmaker

Reaction score
What toxic climate? They have a crappy head coach.

The only thing Jerry is guilty of is holding onto JG for too long. Anything else is just handwringing over nothing.
you are a joke or too young!!!!!!!!!!!!!(sorry)
JJ the GM hire(after Jimmy):
Schwizer....puppet
Gayle....puppet
Campo....puppet
Parcells.....
Phillis.....puppet
Garrrett.....
25 years of "regime" under.....name the GM
....are u too young to remind?
JERRY JONES

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Watching the firestorm with Jerry moment after moment day after day with him responding to questions and the continuing pressure punctuates where our core issue still resides.

The culture and climate is still too toxic for anyone to have success and or any control in Cowboys Football.

The conflict of interest with Jerry wearing both hats of owner and GM continues to be our greatest obstacle with him promoting his product on one hand and football decisions on the other. It’s a disaster.

It’s time for Garrett to walk after this season even if we were to win out which I wouldn’t bet the farm on. It’s likely to get worse. It’s just not a healthy climate in Frisco. I’d get the hell out of dodge ASAP. Good luck to the next puppet in this media circus climate with the biggest Bozo in the NFL.
that's been like this since 93...…. since Jimmy left.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As I have posted before, the Cowboys are Jerry's toy and he wants to play with it. He didn't buy the Cowboys to let someone else play while he watches. After 30 years of owning the Cowboys and meddling in the operation, he sees himself as a "football guy". This is why no serious football coach will succeed in Dallas. The sad part for us fans is his son doesn't seem to be any different. I once likened Jerry to George Steinbrenner but there is a big difference. Steinbrenner put winning above everything else. Steinbrenner was less interested in having puppet managers than he was in winning the World Series. The Yankee won. Steinbrenner also hired real GMs and fired them and his managers when the Yankees did not play up to his expectations. Steinbrenner meddled but he meddled because he was unsatisfied with his team. Jerry puts playing fantasy football with a real team above winning.
its not a toy, he is a business man and built the most expensive NFL team and one of the top franchises in the world....Jerry is a marketing man. he is a business man. given he is the president and GM, his business side will always take over his GM side. he undermines his coaches, by convoluting the lines of command in the coaching ranks and with the players....he intervenes with the coaches, muddying the waters, and he is great at selling "hope" to the fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem is he hires losers like Garrett to run the show.

The same head coach you keep defending day in and day out on here.

Just look what your doing right now!!! Portraying Garrett as the victim. LOL
All of Jerry’s puppets have been victims.