The climate with Jerry is too toxic for success

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats the way Jones treated the great Bob Hayes.
Jerry doesn’t care about honoring the Landry era. Only reason Hayes was inducted is Roger influenced it and he didn’t want to look foolish with him being inducted into HOF. Same reason he inducted Rayfield.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because he went way out on a limb hiring Garret. Its been his pet project for a decade. Nobody is eating more crowe than Jerry on Garret. Its been a hard, slow realization that he made an error.
What about the puppets before Garrett. Don’t you see a pattern here? What hope do you have moving forward?

HotDog37

Reaction score
Watching the firestorm with Jerry moment after moment day after day with him responding to questions and the continuing pressure punctuates where our core issue still resides.

The culture and climate is still too toxic for anyone to have success and or any control in Cowboys Football.

The conflict of interest with Jerry wearing both hats of owner and GM continues to be our greatest obstacle with him promoting his product on one hand and football decisions on the other. It’s a disaster.

It’s time for Garrett to walk after this season even if we were to win out which I wouldn’t bet the farm on. It’s likely to get worse. It’s just not a healthy climate in Frisco. I’d get the hell out of dodge ASAP. Good luck to the next puppet in this media circus climate with the biggest Bozo in the NFL.

Yes but he is getting older now and who knows, maybe, just maybe he will once again hire a real coach and tolerate him just long enough … to win a few superbowls. Now, would that not be right as rain?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you think Jerry is the only problem...then you should attend a game in @ the new stadium....then you will get it. The game day experience couldn't be worse....corporate greed / price gouging...the crap "art" that permeates the place....It's enough to make a guy want to quit being a fan. And yeah...It said it. Happy Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

FanSince71

Reaction score
Jerry's control is what dooms us.

It really is that simple. With all that power and influence, his ego and intense need for validation derail him (and the Cowboys) every time. But... we are stuck with him. We can only hope he’s willing to relinquish some power and finally do what needs to be done.

Are there any strong, authoritarian head coaching candidates (with creative schemes and staff/roster building talents) out there who don’t mind making a needy, yet generous, owner feel like he’s a part of the brain trust? Apply at One Cowboys Way, Frisco, Texas 75034. Thanks in advance!

HotDog37

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to go back to where you were successful to be successful again.

Johnny23

Reaction score
As I have posted before, the Cowboys are Jerry's toy and he wants to play with it. He didn't buy the Cowboys to let someone else play while he watches. After 30 years of owning the Cowboys and meddling in the operation, he sees himself as a "football guy". This is why no serious football coach will succeed in Dallas. The sad part for us fans is his son doesn't seem to be any different. I once likened Jerry to George Steinbrenner but there is a big difference. Steinbrenner put winning above everything else. Steinbrenner was less interested in having puppet managers than he was in winning the World Series. The Yankee won. Steinbrenner also hired real GMs and fired them and his managers when the Yankees did not play up to his expectations. Steinbrenner meddled but he meddled because he was unsatisfied with his team. Jerry puts playing fantasy football with a real team above winning.
You actually took the words right out of my mouth. He's always been the Ying to "The Bosses" yang to me. I have thought this for years.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Some people are saying the comments from Jerry about the coaches are okay , it's about time. If they can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. In reality it's Jerry that can't take the heat ,if he could he'd hire a coach that had a pair.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some people are saying the comments from Jerry about the coaches are okay , it's about time. If they can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. In reality it's Jerry that can't take the heat ,if he could he'd hire a coach that had a pair.
There’s only room for 1 Ego in Cowboys Football and his intent to be everything and face of the franchise has doomed us since he ran off the only HC who stood up to him.

This is all on Jerry and you’re right he’s feeling the pressure. And why this is a toxic situation not conducive to success.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's funny to me that many here will actually root for the next coach to fail so they can be right that Jerry is the entire problem with everything.

They actually don't want a new coach to come in here and have more success than Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's funny to me that many here will actually root for the next coach to fail so they can be right that Jerry is the entire problem with everything.

They actually don't want a new coach to come in here and have more success than Garrett.
Jerry has already proven he’s the root of the evil for an entire generation with how many different coaches. Some fans simply won’t accept he’s the one constant in this toxic environment.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about the puppets before Garrett. Don’t you see a pattern here? What hope do you have moving forward?

Wade was just warming Garrets seat. It was Jerry's declared intention to make Jason the HC from the day he imported him from Miami. Wade didn't have to do anything b/c Parcels loaded him up with talent. Parcels was not a puppet. The hope here is that Jerry is delegating a lot more than ever. Sure he still does the annoying interviews and wants to be in the spotlight, but he lets his scouts and coaches inform him on personnel more than ever. Personnel is not the issue anymore. It is purely day-to-day and in-game coaching.

Last edited:

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Here’s how I’ve always looked at Jerry Jones, he’s doing exactly what I would be doing if I owned a team, playing real life fantasy. Everyone trashes him for doing that but it’s his prerogative. People also forget he played DI football so he has knowledge of the game. His issue is his ego gets in the way (see losing JJ & holding onto JG). His ego also has him on radio constantly. Howie Roseman is on TV / radio at most 4-5 times a year. It sounds like he’s backing off some in the draft (Manziel). And Cowboys’ recent drafts and moves have been fairly solid. The current team has more talent than almost everyone they line up against. Now he has to admit his mistake in Garrett and go find a coach who isn’t a yes man. I think due to his age he may put aside his ego and find an established coach who may push back on JJ the GM. Should be an interesting offseason in the NFC East.

Giants- Shurmur is terrible. I expect he’s safe but I don’t think he should be.
Commanders- will be looking. If they hold onto Bruce Allen, they’ll be crap no matter who they get.
Eagles- Pedersen is safe but the OC, QB coach, WR coach should all be gone. I think the DB coach should also be gone but that won’t happen. A lot of pressure is on Roseman to start drafting better.
Cowboys- See above. Unless they get to the NFC Championship I think Garrett is gone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wade was just warming Garrets seat. It was Jerry's declared intention to make Jason the HC from the day he imported him from Miami. Wade didn't have to do anything b/c Parcels loaded him up with talent. Parcels was not a puppet. The hope here is that Jerry is delegating a lot more than ever. Sure he still does the annoying interviews and wants to be in the spotlight, but he lets his scouts and coaches inform him on personnel more than ever. Personnel is not the issue anymore. It is purely day-to-day and in-game coaching.
The toxic environment Jerry embellishes with his control is too much to overcome for any HC.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Same complaint as always, but I do see a teamwork approach to the cowboys we have now. He's done his job. Coaching is the weakest link.

To blame Jones to me is to just talk in stereotypes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Here’s how I’ve always looked at Jerry Jones, he’s doing exactly what I would be doing if I owned a team, playing real life fantasy. Everyone trashes him for doing that but it’s his prerogative. People also forget he played DI football so he has knowledge of the game. His issue is his ego gets in the way (see losing JJ & holding onto JG). His ego also has him on radio constantly. Howie Roseman is on TV / radio at most 4-5 times a year. It sounds like he’s backing off some in the draft (Manziel). And Cowboys’ recent drafts and moves have been fairly solid. The current team has more talent than almost everyone they line up against. Now he has to admit his mistake in Garrett and go find a coach who isn’t a yes man. I think due to his age he may put aside his ego and find an established coach who may push back on JJ the GM. Should be an interesting offseason in the NFC East.

Giants- Shurmur is terrible. I expect he’s safe but I don’t think he should be.
Commanders- will be looking. If they hold onto Bruce Allen, they’ll be crap no matter who they get.
Eagles- Pedersen is safe but the OC, QB coach, WR coach should all be gone. I think the DB coach should also be gone but that won’t happen. A lot of pressure is on Roseman to start drafting better.
Cowboys- See above. Unless they get to the NFC Championship I think Garrett is gone.
You would sabotage your own team? Dammmmmmm, talk about a lack of self awareness!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Same complaint as always, but I do see a teamwork approach to the cowboys we have now. He's done his job. Coaching is the weakest link.

To blame Jones to me is to just talk in stereotypes.
I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence. To not blame Jones is a study in avoidance of the real problem.